[Sticky] FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS AFTER ROUND 1  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS

Robert Sikes
(@keto-savage)
Trusted Member Admin
08/07/2018 8:10 am  

Howdy howdy ladies and gents, I hope everyone is doing amazing!!!  If you've made it this far, congratulations!!  We are nearing the end of the 90 day course and I'm really excited to hear of any feedback you may have.  DSK is going to be ever-evolving and improving and I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have for the next round of participants.  If you participated in this first round, you got to see things from the very beginning and therefore, probably had to deal with some loose ends.  I want to take full responsibility for anything that did not go perfectly for you with regard to the course, the spreadsheet, and any of the technical aspects.  However, I want to make this the best it can be and I'm therefore totally open minded to any suggestions you may have.  

What did you like about it?

What did you hate about it? 

Would you do it again or suggest someone else do it?  

Any technical improvements you would make?  Anything with the spreadsheet?  Anything with the course module videos?  Anything with the forums?

I truly want to improve on this so that it can be a great tool for people moving forward.  We will be relaunching August 1st and I'm going to be jamming on the improvements before then.  Thank you so so much for the feedback, I really really appreciate every single one of you!

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
08/07/2018 5:16 pm  

What's up Boss ?  I have some suggestions for forum improvements, we've already talked about some of them but I though of a few more.

1 - Get rid of Excel, don't even have it as an option. There are way to many known issues with it, we should make Google the only option.

2 - Have an option to have multi quotes, instead of having to respond to 3 different posts by responding in 3 different posts you have to make. It would make replying to multiple posts so much easier and keep the forum less cluttered, which I will start doing right off the bat next round, my OCD will be in full effect.

3 - Can we add a DM on the forums, so members and members and members and mods can communicate if someone doesn't want to share something on the forums, you can just DM another member or a mod.

4 - Add the ability for mods to make new categories, not threads but categories as again it will help keep things more in order and information easier for the new group to find.

And this isn't a suggestion but I just wanna say that the first group that went through was really fun to work with and help out and everyone did really well on the protocol. Some are gonna keep going after the 90 days and some are done already and heading to phase 3 and off boarding. But as someone who had the pleasure of helping you guys through the course it was great seeing the results you guys got from the program and hopefully we all learned some things along the way.

Wishing you guys all the best going forward.

808Alex and KrisTKeto liked
ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
09/07/2018 10:52 am  

Responding to @max-havoc 's comment

1 - Get rid of Excel, don't even have it as an option. There are way to many known issues with it, we should make Google the only option.

-Would there still be the spreadsheet with what you are talking about?

2 - Have an option to have multi quotes, instead of having to respond to 3 different posts by responding in 3 different posts you have to make. It would make replying to multiple posts so much easier and keep the forum less cluttered, which I will start doing right off the bat next round, my OCD will be in full effect.

-Love this

3 - Can we add a DM on the forums, so members and members and members and mods can communicate if someone doesn't want to share something on the forums, you can just DM another member or a mod.

-I was just looking for this as an option. So I love this idea.

4 - Add the ability for mods to make new categories, not threads but categories as again it will help keep things more in order and information easier for the new group to find. 👍 

Max, as you know I'm just going into phase 3 this week and it's been a huge pleasure being able to work with you through this course. 

My thoughts:

1. With the spreadsheet, is there a way to get a clean one from scratch for if and when we do this course again? I haven't tried to put a new one in my google docs yet. I'm assuming I would want to change the name of it when I do it if I want to keep the first one I used. Can I change the name of it even? I remember being told not to change the name of it.

2. When I first started looking at everything on this course I was overwhelmed and confused by it all. I then stopped myself from getting frustrated and only watched the one section I was going to do. This has helped as it gave my brain only one thing t worry about. I'm a pretty computer savvy individual so I feel like I may have understood the spreadsheet a little better than others though.

3. With what I last said in my number 2, I had issues at first getting the spreadsheet on my computer. I think it boiled down to finding the thread with the directions on how to do it properly. Maybe when the next group starts, give them an email in how to get the spreadsheet instead of trying to find out how on these forums. 

4. Moving onto phase 3, I understood what was being said as to when to move to phase 3. Yet, I don't think I fully grasped it for myself as to when to do phase 3. Max was a huge help for me on this. I'm not sure what more to tell others in helping them to move to phase 3 outside of what was mentioned to me on the forums and what I talked to Max about. Robert, I know you guys talk daily (when you're free), so I'm sure he can fill you in on me with this phase 2 to phase 3 transition.  

5. I love this course and plan to use it again. I love how it gradually tapers your macros. It 100% makes sense to me! 

6. An idea may for sweeteners is to explain why others are not on the approved this even though everyone may react differently to them. I fell victim to one as I allowed myself to one kind during camping then an addition formed into the next week but I stopped it and learned from it. 

7. I believe you are already going to do something along these lines but maybe emphasize onboarding more. I had upped my calories to 1700 before the course started because I didn't want to wait until the course came out to learn the proper way to increase them. I was given the okay go with the 1700 calories and my successes have been great. Yet, I still do wonder what would have happened if I gave myself even more runway for the course. I don't regret it as it made me really think about how I was doing and what I was doing to do next down the road in phase 2. 

This is all I can think of for now. Thanks for everyone for being awesome.  😎 

KrisTKeto and Max Havoc liked
ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
10/07/2018 9:37 pm  

Just came across a new feedback. I wanted to edit a post that has been approved already and I don't see how I can do that. Can this be an option in the future?

Another idea that popped into my head: Maybe have a spot on here explaining why foods are allowed on DSK and why other foods are not allowed. Possibly give some examples too. This is additional to the sweetener comment I have above.

Max Havoc liked
ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
11/07/2018 12:03 pm  
Posted by: AbbyBK

Just came across a new feedback. I wanted to edit a post that has been approved already and I don't see how I can do that. Can this be an option in the future?

Another idea that popped into my head: Maybe have a spot on here explaining why foods are allowed on DSK and why other foods are not allowed. Possibly give some examples too. This is additional to the sweetener comment I have above.

Abby,

You have the option to edit your posts but it seems like it's only for a limited amount of time. When you first post there is the edit option second from the right, in between unapprove and delete but I notice it disappears after so long and you can't edit your posts, I'm guessing this icon the back end some where. But we'll see what we can do about that    🤔 

ReplyQuote
Lyka_loves
(@lybagorilla)
Eminent Member Enrolled
12/07/2018 6:14 am  

So excited to post transformation photos next week. I havent taken any since behinning phase 2 because i want to be surprised too.  As for suggestions: 

1. Add a place to add progress pictures, with options to put notes, compare, and share. 

2. The initial weekly (or was it bi-weekly?) live q&a were really really helpful, can y’all do it like maybe every beginning of each phase (approximating the time on average as i know people dont always start phases the same week) or maybe doing a poll on the forums. 

3. Setting up forum posts by the Chief @keto-savage or Matt and Megha as an automatic email notification so that in case there are questions/polls/live  that need quick feedback, we can see it faster and not miss live q&a. 

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
15/07/2018 4:17 pm  

Great feedback  from all and completely agree. I love the DM feature that was added. 

I think this next round (and I know @max-havoc has already started) is keeping the threads organized so it does not get overwhelming. I want to make sure people can jump in and get caught up without combing through hundreds of posts unrelated.  It makes it difficult to try and support folks.  I think we are on the right track though with recent changes. 

I look forward to getting better each time. 

AbbyBK liked
ReplyQuote
sreynoldsred
(@sreynoldsred)
Active Member Enrolled
15/07/2018 5:45 pm  

This is a great course and will definitely be using it again and suggesting it to people. Although I only lost 10 lbs it feels like so much more because my clothes fit so loose now. Thank you for this course.

oshmolly
(@oshmolly)
Eminent Member Enrolled
18/07/2018 3:45 pm  

Would love more contact and support off the site: the motivational emails are great but I've only received 2 or 3 since may. In the emails should be the schedule of upcoming Q&As, a review of any themes that came up in the forum, maybe a new recipe... Obviously this forum is great but I only come here when I have a question because it is not well-suited to scrolling through aimlessly/casually and picking up new info (due to the format). Wouldve felt less alone and more personalized with more direct communication.

mbieri83 liked
ReplyQuote
Kelley
(@kelley-o-spada)
Trusted Member Enrolled
19/07/2018 6:50 am  

I would suggest a little more attention to those of us who will be going on with DSK after 90 days.  I still have most of the weight to lose and will be onboarding next week......

Love the program though

Kelley

ReplyQuote
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
19/07/2018 8:03 am  
Posted by: Kelley

I would suggest a little more attention to those of us who will be going on with DSK after 90 days.  I still have most of the weight to lose and will be onboarding next week......

Love the program though

Kelley

@kelley-o-spada What more attention can the moderators provide? I want to make sure we are helpful to  you and explaining the program and helping you through the best we can without a more structured 1:!1 coaching which is available. Let us know we are here to make the program better and want you to succeed. Christos

ReplyQuote
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
19/07/2018 8:05 am  
Posted by: oshmolly

Would love more contact and support off the site: the motivational emails are great but I've only received 2 or 3 since may. In the emails should be the schedule of upcoming Q&As, a review of any themes that came up in the forum, maybe a new recipe... Obviously this forum is great but I only come here when I have a question because it is not well-suited to scrolling through aimlessly/casually and picking up new info (due to the format). Wouldve felt less alone and more personalized with more direct communication.

@oshmolly great idea. I will talk to @keto-savage about possibly putting some themes together and potentially adding to his 7 set Sundays email. I would also make sure you are part of the keto-savage and ketoconnect email groups as they also send out emails weekly on themes and recipes. This is great feedback though. Thank you. 

ReplyQuote
Jojo
 Jojo
(@hinson-leigh)
New Member Enrolled
14/08/2018 6:54 am  

Hi,

Thank you for everything all of you.  I dropped about 23 pounds.  I kept losing in Round 1, in round 2, and into round 3, the fastest being in round 2.  I was still losing inches when I moved to round 3 but had been in 2 for an extra 2 weeks with no real averse affects.  I had real hunger at the end of round 2 and into round 3.  I only stayed in round 3 for about 3 weeks.  I am still off boarding.  

I feel that the early rounds had a lot of information in them and were very helpful. Round 2 was difficult because I knew what signs to look for and could not see them in myself. In terms of  round 3, I do not know if it was just psychological or what, but the other rounds were way easier than Round 3.  Maybe because I expected to be hungry in those rounds they were less painful - as in my mindset was different.  Round 3 and Off boarding is a lot harder - to increase and to fight off the hunger is way more difficult than I expected.  Maybe more information about that mindset would be great.  Also, more information on how to get to maintenance after DSK would be great - I have used the Keto Savage calculator to figure out my macros and such, but if the spreadsheet continued off boarding up to that amount it would be great.  I am thinking that from off boarding I will just download a new sheet and do a fresh "onboard" to take me to maintenance.

DSK has helped me cut out snacking, eat real food, and face my food demons.  I cannot thank you enough.  I also now feel that I understand my body enough to keep it in check into the future.  Basically, you taught me what my "handles" or "buttons" are and how to use them for the health of my body.  I believe it will allow me to have more control of my eating into the future.  Thank you so much.

ReplyQuote
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
14/08/2018 7:16 am  

@hinson-Leigh 

That’s great success! I am glad you stuck with it and more importantly learned about yourself.  That is the whole point. 

To comment on offboarding quickly and give some advice. You do not need to download a new sheet and use onboarding to get to maintenance. That is what offboardig tab is for. In offboarding  you  will continue refeeds until your refeeds level off with your weekly calories. Once there you continue offboarding until you hit maintenance. This means you will gradually taper up calories using the offboarding tab as long as the scale doesn’t go up. Once your scale goes up (consistently for a week or two)  or you feel to full you are at maintenance.

You can use the calculator to get an idea  of your maintenance or how long to taper  up calories in offboarding but  your body will be the true test. 

I hope this makes sense. You can start a new thread under offboarding and we can discuss more on this question for you. 

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
14/08/2018 12:27 pm  
Posted by: Kelley

Love the program though

Kelley

Hey Kelley,

I'm right there with you, I'm still in phase 2 we are always here for everyone that needs any help with the program or any kind of other support. All you have to do is make a post and we'll try to steer you in the right direction.

And I know you still have some weight to lose but so do lots of other folks and they are still on the program also, so you're never alone. You can always send any of us mods a DM if you would rather talk off the forums, so it's more private.

And I know you have a much better grasp of the program now, than you did 3 months ago, so you'll do great.

And as always let us know what we can do to help you out.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register