Electrolyte Shake to help hunger  

RSS

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
05/09/2018 6:32 pm  

Alright, I have created a shake that I keep changing up but freaking love. I started to make this drink when I wanted more volume in my foods. In fact, I still make it (I'm in off boarding right now). because I love it and I get some electrolytes. 

This is what I first started to do: I use Dr. Berg’s Electroylte Powder mix. I then get some nut milk. So far I love the almond and coconut flavor the most. Unsweetened of course. I pour 1 Cup of this milk in a blender cup. I also love adding one tablespoon of heavy whipping cream to this. Next, I sprinkle in the electrolyte powder mix. Toss in a couple or few ice cubes. Then, the ‘secret’ ingredient that kicks this drink up a notch. Pistachio extract! I put in either 1/2 teaspoon or a full teaspoon. Lastly, I blend this puppy up into a nice slushy. A Slush Puppy, you could say. 🙂 (I may have copied this paragraph from my blog. haha)

Just the last few days I did this mixture without the extract (because truthfully I ran out. ha) and it still tastes amazing! I also add some more heavy whipping cream into the mix, as I have more macros now. Other times, I have also used less milk and filled it with water for the volume still. 

aevans679 liked
ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
05/09/2018 6:52 pm  

@abbyb1885  Hey Abby!!  This sounds amazingly delicious!!!!  😀 😀 😀 Thanks for sharing this recipe!! 😋   🤩  

Have you ever tried it with Milkademia (unsweetened macademia milk?  I've had the Dr. Bergs electrolyte powder, his wheat grass powder, trace minerals & water, but when I want a shake I add the Milkademia & if I'm short on fat, I add HWC, & if short on protein, I add my protein powder,  That's yummy too, IMO!!  😀  😀  😀  😀 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
11/09/2018 9:21 pm  

@judylove Yes, I've used that milk before. Love that stuff too. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register