[Closed] I'm gonna have to give up wings, aren't i?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

allesondra
(@allesondra)
New Member Enrolled
13/06/2018 3:22 pm  

Hi there! I have a question that is along these lines. I bought chicken thigh fillets from Costco and I'm wondering if I should hold these until DSK is over? I know Matt/ Megha mentioned holding things like bacon and steak because the macros are difficult to track and I'm wondering if chicken thighs fall into this? Thanks in advance. 

Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Honorable Member Moderator
16/06/2018 9:02 am  
Posted by: allesondra

Hi there! I have a question that is along these lines. I bought chicken thigh fillets from Costco and I'm wondering if I should hold these until DSK is over? I know Matt/ Megha mentioned holding things like bacon and steak because the macros are difficult to track and I'm wondering if chicken thighs fall into this? Thanks in advance. 

It really comes down to your preference, I prefer simple to prepare and simply to track foods as it makes things a whole lot easier. I stick with 80/20 ground beef, eggs, bacon, sausage, brisket, etc.

You can have chicken on DSK, just figure out how you're gonna track it ( leave bone in, take bone out ) and be consistent when you do.

judylove
(@judylove)
Reputable Member Moderator
17/06/2018 11:15 am  

@allesondra  You can really eat anything you like, no food rules here except the macro make-up.  But I've learned from Max to eat simply, mostly eating 80/20 burger, eggs, mayo,  butter, etc.- easily trackable foods.  I am not likely to change this while on DSK, because I want to have consistency (as much as possible),  & have an easier time knowing what is going on & how I'm doing.  Too many changing factors & my simple mind can't follow it! 

That said, I looked up what MFP had for macro listings on chicken thighs & it was so many variations:  raw &/or cooked chicken thigh deboned, Raw &/or cooked with bone in weight, with skin on & off, with a vast number of brand names, etc.  There were a ton of variations on this with different macros listed for each, some that should have seemed similar yet they varied to many degrees.  In case you use another tracker, they might have even more macro listings, & that could be even more confusing.  So much so for me, that I'm sticking with the MFP tracker till DSK is over so I'm making comparable macro measurements throughout the course.  Then I'm switching to a different tracker, cause I don't want to pay the yearly $50 to get the stats I want.😀 

It's really all up to you & how closely you want to take this,  but good luck with whatever your choice is!!    😀  😀  😀 

latino_ketoer
(@robotz40)
Eminent Member Enrolled
17/06/2018 5:29 pm  

Chicken with the bone is so tricky for me to measure to the point i stop eating it while I was trying DSK!!! I do miss it and seeing the answers here has me thinking of readding it to my meal plan.

Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Honorable Member Moderator
17/06/2018 7:37 pm  
Posted by: latino_ketoer

Chicken with the bone is so tricky for me to measure to the point i stop eating it while I was trying DSK!!! I do miss it and seeing the answers here has me thinking of readding it to my meal plan.

If you feel like you get an accurate measurement of chicken wings, go for it. It's honestly not that hard but I just prefer simple to prep, simple to track equals success. But I have had chicken thighs before DSK and I would just pull the meat off the bone and measure it, otherwise your getting a whole lotta bone in the total weigh of the chicken.

Page 2 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register