Hair loss?  

RSS

aevans679
(@seraphina)
Trusted Member Enrolled
09/10/2018 5:38 am  

So has anyone else experienced increased hair loss? Particularly the ladies?  I struggle with Hashimotos and hypothyroidism but I have never had hair loss this noticeable before... It is kind of freaking me out!  I currently take Biotin and collagen peptides... any advice?

ReplyQuote
AnnaMHC
(@annamhc)
Trusted Member Registered
09/10/2018 8:42 am  

@aevans679 Yes! I have also started experiencing hair loss in the last month or so (about four weeks into DSK.) I’m curious to hear suggestions as well. 

ReplyQuote
aevans679
(@seraphina)
Trusted Member Enrolled
09/10/2018 11:30 am  

@annamhc so I did some research and here is what I have found.. Things to supplement, Biotin (I take it but not enough apparently), collagen, bone broth (for several reasons), Zinc and MSM. So I will be adding this to my regimen... plus electrolytes are recommended. Also recommended was massaging your scalp with coconut oil before you shower. So I will let you know!

Rochelle Rosa
(@keto_lioness)
Eminent Member Enrolled
10/10/2018 1:47 pm  

I spoke with my dermatologist and mentioned about people especially women losing hair while in the beginning phases of keto. She explained that when we make a sudden change in our lifestyle plus start losing weight hair loss is common and nothing to get alarmed about. It's a temporary thing that is because the hair is trying to adjust to the changes. I'm also a NYS Licensed Cosmetologist and when I was in my 20's I had alapecia. The hair loss was big circular shaped patches. Besides getting scalp treatments three times a week which included massage I did take biotin which I still take. I also take Great Lakes Collagen every day too. 

Rochelle A Rosa

aevans679 liked
ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
10/10/2018 9:06 pm  

I watched this video from "Ask Nurse Cindy" where she talks about hair loss on keto too. She says that it happens from a time of stress on your body from 3-4 (even 6 she mentions) months prior. It could be starting keto or something else stressful. About 10% of people starting keto go through this. She does not recommend starting keto and going on a really low-calorie diet, as this will stress out your system even more. She also recommends taking biotin. I put a link below. 

I'm curious if this described you guys a few months back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVBKxpdvb0M

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
11/10/2018 7:48 am  

I completely agree with @abbyb1885 ! That link is pretty good 👌

ReplyQuote
Rochelle Rosa
(@keto_lioness)
Eminent Member Enrolled
13/10/2018 7:49 am  

Stress plays a big role when it comes to hair loss. My hair loss when I was in my 20's was due to mental stress and depression. When I started doing DSK and I knew my body and mind were going to undergo changes and some of these changes were almost going to be as difficult as when I was training for competitions in Women's Masters Natural Bodybuilding. The only difference is I'm using fat and not carbs for fuel. I take Biotin everyday and increased the amount I take when I started my Ketogenic Lifestyle last year. Plus as I said above I take Collagen daily too. I also give myself scalp massages along with my weekly scalp treatments and this keep my hair and scalp healthy with good blood flow. 

Rochelle A Rosa

aevans679 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register