Hard to get the fat in  

RSS

Kikitastic
(@kbrisson19)
Active Member Enrolled
28/08/2018 10:28 am  

I'm sooooo sick of eggs!  🤢 

When I don't eat eggs for lunch, I find it really hard to get my fat in. I end up resorting to eating multiple fat bombs and having keto fluff ( heavy whipping cream and cream cheese) Last week I was left with 35-50 grams of fat at the end of most days.  I also gained back what I lost the week before and most days I felt tired and a bloated mess.

I'm wondering if its all the dairy snacks I had that week to get my fat in. 

I just started phase one this week with 1725 cal, 10 carb, 77 protein and 153 fat.

I'm just looking for high fat, low carb recipes that aren't egg related that I can have for lunch.

I do have 1 bulletproof coffee a day (decaf, I'm sensitive to caffeine) with 2 tbsp of butter and one tbsp of mct oil.  I've tried making tea with butter later in the day, but I haven't found one that tastes good. I recently switched to liquid monk fruit instead of swerve, and I'm not happy with the taste, but it is better than liquid stevia.

ReplyQuote
AnnaMHC
(@annamhc)
Trusted Member Registered
28/08/2018 11:05 am  

@kikitastic

One of the moderators, JudyLove, recommended Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo, which I have really enjoyed. In addition to one fat bomb a day, I find if I cook with fat and then add fat in the form of a condiment like mayo or sour cream that helps me hit my fat. I also found another Primal Kitchen flavored mayo garlic rosemary that I’m going to try. They also carry high fat, low carb dressings that might help, though I haven’t tried those yet. 

ReplyQuote
Kikitastic
(@kbrisson19)
Active Member Enrolled
28/08/2018 11:18 am  

I don't like mayo or sour  cream. 🤢  🤢  🤢  🤢  🤢  🤢 

I always cook with fat.

Prior to DSK when I did 20 net carbs, I always cooked veggies with fat, or had high fat salad dressing. 10 total carbs is very hard and only enough for me to have a serving of veggies at dinner and what is in fat bombs and my bullet proof coffee.

(again, unless I eat eggs for lunch, then I can usually add some spinach. )

I plan my meals while I drink my coffee in the morning. 

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
28/08/2018 2:06 pm  
Posted by: Kikitastic

I don't like mayo or sour  cream. 🤢  🤢  🤢  🤢  🤢  🤢 

I always cook with fat.

Prior to DSK when I did 20 net carbs, I always cooked veggies with fat, or had high fat salad dressing. 10 total carbs is very hard and only enough for me to have a serving of veggies at dinner and what is in fat bombs and my bullet proof coffee.

(again, unless I eat eggs for lunch, then I can usually add some spinach. )

I plan my meals while I drink my coffee in the morning. 

When I Was at higher fat I would double or triple my fat bombs. I at time would have 3 TB butter, 3 TB coconut oil in my fat bomb. I would either add chocolate MCT powder, unsweetened cocoa and make a very large fat bomb.  if desired I would let is soften some and make it more of a pudding with some HWC (whipped)

ReplyQuote
Liz
 Liz
(@wheresliz)
Active Member Enrolled
28/08/2018 3:43 pm  

Kite Hill plain unsweetened almond milk yogurt is a good match to your macros:  http://www.kite-hill.com/our-food/yogurts/#unsweetenedplain

Homemade yogurt made with with coconut cream is super fatty:  https://www.ketoconnect.net/low-carb-yogurt/

You could also do a simple chocolate mousse or similar with coconut cream.

ReplyQuote
KetoKaiser
(@ketokaiser)
Trusted Member Enrolled
28/08/2018 7:14 pm  

I don't really do much in the way of fat bombs, but I do like the bacon fudge recipe from The Keto Diet book. Its made with cacao butter, bacon grease, cacao powder, and choice of sweetener. Its friggin delicious! 

As long as you are mindful of ingredients, pork sausages are higher fat. 

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
28/08/2018 7:26 pm  

@kbrisson19  Hi There!!!  😀 😀 😀 You got some excellent ideas from several people!!!  Thanks everyone!!!! 🤩  🤩  🤩  🤩 

I definitely can sympathize about the 10 total carbs being an adjustment.  When I first started DSK, I just wanted my go to Avocado, & lots of veggies but alas, this was too many carbs!!! 😜  So I learned that spinach, maybe collard greens, in a small amount are OK.  But I quickly saw that if I wanted to hit my macros as closely as possible, I cut the veggies out, & only included a small repertoire of go-to items (burger, various cheeses, oils, cacao butter, HWC, sour cream, keto yogurts, & yes eggs!) & I switched them up slightly & this made it easier, simpler, to stick with the plan closely.   😀  😀 I figured this is 90 days, a very small amount of time in the scheme of things to help me with my weight loss, so I could stick it out, & I grew to enjoy a lot of foods I never would have tried otherwise!!! 😀  😀  😀  😀 

Also, pre-planning your macros for your entire week of food also made it easier, yes, pre-planning can be your friend 😊 😊 .  I found that if I did it daily, it was a hassle filled chore, & I was scrambling to figure out how to meet my needs.  Whereas if I did it for the week in advance, it made grocery shopping simpler, my expectations for what I was going to eat were set, & I felt happier & less stress. 😉  😉 I made sure that each meal everyday always had more fat than protein, & if it didn't during my planning, I was able to fix it before eating time!!! 🤩  🤩  🤩 

That being said, below is my list of some great fat sources!!!  One of my favorites is Milkademia a milk made from macadamia nuts,  & I used to add a bit of protein powder to it, & monkfruit sweetener drops.  I know you said you don't like monkfruit or stevia, so this could be a great time to cut sweeteners if you don't like them.  Actually all this is your choice!!!  You get to make the trade offs/decisions, we just give you guidelines & advise as best as possible!!! 😀  😀 

I hope this is helpful, & if you need more info, have questions, write again, & we'll do our best to help!!  All the best to you!!! 😀  😀  😀  😀 

OILS

EVOO – California Olive Ranch

Coconut Oil – Alive brand from live coconuts

Lard - Fatworks

Avocado Oil – La Tourangelle

Butter – Kerry Gold

Ghee – 4th & Heart

Duck fat – Fat Works

Primal kitchen mayo – Chipotle Lime

Cacao Butter - Terrasoul;,  cacao powder

MCT Oil or powder

Bacon Fat

DAIRY & daily like items

Heavy Whipping Cream

Sour Cream

Yogurt (Kite Hill Brand,  or Peak Brand)

Creme Fraiche

Coconut Cream

CHEESE

Boursin Cheese

Kerry gold Dubliner cheese

Parmesan cheese

Cheddar cheese

cream cheese

Mascarpone

Feta cheese

Brie cheese

string cheese
package pepper jack cheese

Other

Olives

Nuts: Pili nuts, Macadamia, Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Coconut,

Nut butters ( Pili nut butter is my favorite, but many nut butters have high fat)

Unflavored unsweetened Nut based Milks:  (cashew milk, Milkademia made with macademia nuts, etc.)

Meats with Higher fat content
73/27 Ground beef

Bacon

Teton Waters Ranch Sausages,

Pederson's Kielbasa

This post was modified 4 months  ago 3 times by judylove

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
04/09/2018 3:18 pm  

@kbrisson19

Yup, Judy pretty much threw it all down for you with a lot of great options for fats.

And I would just add that if your having problems getting fats in I would go with another Fatty Coffee or Tea, I use tea myself as I don't like coffee or caffeine as I'm wired enough as it is.

So I would recommend TAZO dessert teas they have really low caffeine or zero caffeine. For example I would have a fatty tea with 110 grams of fat in it at about 12-1 PM and that would be lunch. But just be careful about how much fat you put in it as it can cause intestinal distress. But it's a great way to get fat in via liquid some it's not as much volume as real food would give you.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register