OOO Flavors  

RSS

AMurena
 AMurena
(@AMurena)
20/08/2018 5:37 pm  

Has anyone tried ooo flavors before? Are they DSK approved? 

https://www.oooflavors.com/

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
20/08/2018 11:07 pm  

@AMurena  Hello!!  😀 😀 Yes, before DSK, I tried a couple of the OOO flavors (One on One Flavors) 😊

• The Monk Fruit -Sweetener - All Natural, this was the first i'd ever tried of Monkfruit & I loved it, but it was almost double the cost of the Lakanto Monkfruit sweetener I can get on Amazon for much cheaper!! 😀  😀 

• Unsweetened Natural Vanilla - MCT Concentrated Flavored Oil  in my coffee, (0 carbs) & while I initially loved the flavor, my body didn't like it & I had some very bad GI upset & I gave it away to someone else who did not get this reaction.  🙄

So, the monkfruit is DSK approved.  I have not researched the other flavors but if I remember right, many have 0 carbs, but that may or may not mean all do, &/or that the ingredients (contents not listed on their labels) are something I'd want to fool with on DSK.   Other than monkfruit, I've ditched flavorings & extras as for the short amount of time on DSK, I didn't want that interfering with my progress, but that's just me.  😀 😀

So, the  answer for the other flavors is I'm not sure  - I don't know what's in all of them!!  Others can weigh in on this too!  I Hope this is helpful!! 😀  😀  😀  😀 

aevans679 liked
ReplyQuote
aevans679
(@seraphina)
Trusted Member Enrolled
21/08/2018 9:15 am  

@judylove and @AMurena I am so glad someone brought up this topic.  When I looked into them online I couldn't really tell what they were made of which made me a bit nervous... I have just opted for stevia drops if I need to sweeten something... I figured that 90 days is not forever and since I paid for this program I should give it everything I've got!

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
21/08/2018 5:19 pm  

@seraphina & @AMurena  That's my opinion too.  😊 😊 We have stevia & monkfruit that is approved.  90 days is such a short time to avoid these flavors which we aren't sure of.  For this short time, I wanted to give everything I've got too, & the extras & questions can wait till later.  I wish you both all the best!!!! 😀  😀  😀  😀 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
21/08/2018 9:10 pm  

The flavor themselves are not sweetened. All of the flavors are also zero carbs.

For the ingredients on the Captain n' Berries Cereal flavor are listed as "Propylene Glycol USP, Glycerol, Natural & Artificial flavoring"  ( https://www.oooflavors.com/products/captain-and-berries-cereal?variant=17030361797)

This is from a coconut flavored one: Ingredients: Propylene Glycol USP, Ethyl Alcohol, & Artificial flavoring

I have used these while on DSK and never noticed anything bad from them. I don't use them a lot though, mostly around when I was trying out the egg loaf that was popular on IG (not sure if it's died down or not. lol) 

Also a note with flavorings. I used extracts, such as vanilla extract, from the store to make fat bombs or ice drinks (when I wanted volume, heck I still want volume-who am I kidding? lol) during the bulk of DSK. I haven't researched the similarities of these products, but the extracts did not affect me, from what I could tell.  

This post was modified 4 months  ago by AbbyBK

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
22/08/2018 5:09 pm  
Posted by: AMurena

Has anyone tried ooo flavors before? Are they DSK approved? 

https://www.oooflavors.com/

There are two ways to look at it, try it and see if they effect you negatively or stick to the protocol and use stevia and monk fruit for sweeteners  but in the end we can only recommend and suggest things that we know work. That being said everyone is different and I know Abby used them and had zero negative impact from them but Abby did have negative results from diet A&W rootbeer, so it just goes to show you that everyone is different and will respond differently and have different sensitive's to sweeteners, foods, spices etc.

I'm a huge fan on not having a bunch of variables on a cutting protocol as it's a short period of time and we want everyone to get them most out of DSK as they can. So I always tell people to stick as closely to the protocol as possible to get the best results possible.

So again in the end the finial decision is up to you, it's your protocol and if you feel that adding this variable to your protocol will be a good decision for you then that's your call. But it is a variable that we can't tell you how your going to respond to, it's trial and error.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register