Pork Rinds and tracking  

RSS

shaarmann
(@shaarmann)
Active Member Enrolled
16/05/2019 3:48 pm  

How do I track Pork Rinds?  Do they count 100%.  Not sure what the phrase "not a complete source of protein" means as far as my tracking.  I get it that they don't have all of the essential amino acids, but how does that affect me as far as DSK goes?  As I am in the beginning of phase 2, I'm not sure how I can include them if I count them 100%.  Obviously everything counts, but how?  I've heard Both Robert and Jonathan say that they either don't count are ok without counting carbs in zipfizz......so how are pork rinds counted?  100% or some other %?  I'm fine with either, but would love to incorporate a small amount to get a little crunch, but likely won't if they are 100%.  I need a little more volume for my protein.  I've just observed Jonathan eating them quite a bit during his recent cut, so just curious.

I am in a wedding out of town over the next couple of days.  So, I'm a little worried about how to handle my DSK over that time.  Any tips, advice or motivation would be helpful.

Down 15.6 pounds in 44 days.  First week of phase 2.

Thanks,

Scott

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
20/05/2019 7:49 pm  

For pork rinds, you track them as any other foods.  I would use the nutrition label and weigh those babies out. 🙂 I love using pork rinds for volume. I also love making nachos with them. 

yay for the current progress for ya. 🙂

For traveling, I always planned and brought my own foods. Bring a cooler if needed. I know there is a thread on here for other travel ideas as well with more detail.

ReplyQuote
shaarmann
(@shaarmann)
Active Member Enrolled
24/05/2019 9:49 am  

Thank you.  I'm gonna keep those pork rinds out for now.  My protein is getting too limited as phase 2 continues.  I do love a good pork rind nachos though.

As for the wedding, it went ok.  I was in the wedding party, so sitting at the head table meant that I wasn't going to bring my own food.  If someone brings their own food to a head table at a wedding reception, more power to you.  I couldn't do that.  The rehearsal dinner went great the night before.  they had barbecue, which meant I was able to stay on track.  I did also fast most of the day on both of those days and went OMAD.  That allowed me to eat the food that was a little more calorie dense than I would be able to have in my normal two meals, according to my macros.  I didn't weigh anything over the weekend, but felt comfortable with the quantities.  They had steak for the wedding reception dinner.  I simply did not eat the potatoes and I was fine. 

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
25/05/2019 11:15 am  

@shaarmann I think you handled it very well!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register