Fat as a lever?  

RSS

s.kelley929
(@s-kelley929)
Active Member Enrolled
14/03/2019 6:44 am  

I joined a few keto groups through social media early on for the community aspect, but did a lot of research on my own about keto knowing that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. Everyone seems to keto differently, and you need to do what works for you, but I feel like the "fat is your lever" is the most popular thing I hear with protein being a goal & carbs a hard limit.

Can someone who knows better than me explain the fat as a lever concept? If keto is by definition - high fat/moderate protein/low carb, but you don't routinely eat high fat how does that affect you with your fat adaption/energy levels/satiation?

I suppose I understand that the thought behind it is that your body will be forced to use it's own fat stores instead of dietary, but similar to what Robert says, your body has to be good at using fats for that to work...

More venting I suppose than anything, but I would love any information from any keto veterans out there.

Have a great day!

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
14/03/2019 7:39 am  

Hey @s-kelley929 ! I know I answered your question on this topic earlier but anyone that has an opinion can feel free to chime in!

ReplyQuote
s.kelley929
(@s-kelley929)
Active Member Enrolled
14/03/2019 7:58 am  

Thank you for your help this morning.

I agree with you, using fat as a lever could take the sustainability out of keto for the long term. I suppose it depends what you're using keto for...if you're in it for the long haul you'll need the fat. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register