What is the breakdown of the DSK 90 Days?  

RSS

kristen_bryant
(@kristen_bryant)
Active Member Enrolled
18/11/2018 11:29 am  

Dumb question of the day. I keep reading that DSK is a 90-day program. What is the breakdown of that? I've seen folks say that off-boarding isn't included in the 90 days, which leads me to believe that on-boarding isn't included, either. If that is the case, how are the '90 days' broken down: 4 weeks in Phase I, 6 in Phase II, etc? At this point I'm just asking out of curiosity, as I realize that my DSK journey is a bit of an outlier, but thought that others might have this question as well.

Some background:  Did 6 weeks of onboarding, 9 weeks of Phase I (because, apparently, I do not have a protein threshold), and just started my 2nd week of Phase II so, if you count from Onboarding ...  I'm on Day 114. I had started DSK back in July thinking that the 90 days would be up before my birthday in October. Oh, how young and naive I was back then.  🤣 My birthday has come and gone and how the holidays are upon us. At this point I'm going to keep working the program and just chug along for a while longer. Again, just asking as a point of curiosity in case I do another round of DSK in the future.

More background on my history with low carb / keto / weight loss: I started eating low carb 4 years ago and lost 150 pounds. (Note: I call it "low carb" because, at the time, I was only getting 50% of my calories from fat, and, knowing what I know now, that's not truly "Keto" to me. That definition is my own, and not meant to define how anyone else is eating or what anyone else calls Keto.) After the weight loss, I still tracked calories, but wasn't following low carb so much, and gained back 30 pounds. Started eating more strictly low carb again back in February and managed to re-lose 25 of the pounds I had gained back. Started eating Keto (aka: 80% fat) in July and began DSK at the end of July. I've lost about 3 pounds on DSK so far, and have another 9 to go. My weight was plateaued through on-boarding and most of Phase I, with the downward trend happening in the last month or so. I feel good physically and mentally and am fine with KCKO.

camdenscott liked
ReplyQuote
Fiona
(@fiona)
Eminent Member Enrolled
18/11/2018 8:05 pm  

@kristen_bryant I'm not sure of the formal breakdown, or which point in the spreadsheet the 90 days kick off...

But here's where I'm at right now...

• Day 1-49 =  7 weeks of onboarding
  • Day 50-92 = working out my Protein Threshold. I'm l0oking to do 6 weeks in this stage, currently on day 3 of week 5 (today is Day 80)
  • Day 93 onwards.... will leave me 4 weeks of Cutting, up through to Christmas day.

Christmas day was my original deadline, and I think I would have been on target, had I not been in onboarding for so long, and doing so well during the calorie increases. 

I'll be continuing my cut through to about March, maybe April, depending on the speed of fat loss during the stage. 

I did some math using the spreadsheet's cutting macros and it seems like I can go for at least 20 weeks (or through to Day 225) before I sneak into the 1300 calorie range, so looks like I've got plenty of time to drop down to my bodyfat goals. 

- Fiona

ReplyQuote
aevans679
(@seraphina)
Trusted Member Enrolled
19/11/2018 5:57 am  

I don't have an answer to your question but I wanted to say that my experience has been like yours... I started in August? It has been so long now I have forgotten LOL weight loss has been negligible, maybe 1-2 pounds... I am in phase 2 now. I have decided to give myself until Christmas and if I don't see any improvement then I will move on to phase 3. Part of me wants to throw in the towel but I just can't quite give up on myself yet. I am hoping that at some point it will all click and my body will get with the program? I think maybe there are more people out there with similar experiences on this program. 

Good luck to you my friend!

ReplyQuote
camdenscott
(@camdenscott)
Eminent Member Registered
19/11/2018 6:39 am  

You're right, I don't think onboarding or offboarding is included in the 90 days. I think it's really 90 days of cutting specifically, but with everyone being different as to how it's broken down. I think I was a bit of an outlier as well, only on the other side of things. I had 6 weeks of Phase 1, hit my goal weight 2 weeks into Phase 2 (odd I know, as for most people that was the longest phase) , then did 2 weeks of Phase 3. It took me 6 weeks in Offboarding to get back to the calories I started at. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
19/11/2018 8:44 pm  

I asked Robert about this last night. To put it in the simplest terms having a 90-day course was a nice way to package this. The course can be done in 90 days but there are a lot of variables that can cause this 90 day number to change. Like camdenscott mentioned it's more of a cutting program and it doesn't really count the on or offboarding phases. Even though it doesn't count the off boarding phase, I just want to take the time to state how important it is to do it.

I personally started in April when it first came out. I then started to offboard on 8/5 and just this week I'm staying at my current calories for a while (stopping offboarding). I'm way higher in my calories right now than when I started the course too. 

For those struggling with the weight loss, I can take a look at your food and see if I notice anything that could help. Or any other factors. 

ReplyQuote
kristen_bryant
(@kristen_bryant)
Active Member Enrolled
25/11/2018 8:26 am  

Ok, thanks! I was just curious.

My current 'struggle'  is just staying focused on being so strict with my macros after all this time with no end in sight. (ok, not really, that's just how it feels sometimes) Some days it's mentally taxing trying to keep the macros so tightly dialed in day after day after week after month.... But, it'll be fine and I'll get through it and eventually I'll be in off-boarding......right?   😐  

(PS Don't worry...sarcasm is how I deal with things. I'm fine.)

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
25/11/2018 7:22 pm  

OH I feel ya with the, will it ever end days. I definitely felt like that in offboarding. 

It's always good to remember why we are doing it this way for ourselves. Slow and steady wins the race. Also taking things slowly with calories like this, our bodies will thank us for it. Keeping things dialed in and tight also helps with staying on track, especially during this holiday season. 

I'm cool with sarcasm. I grew up with it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
aevans679
(@seraphina)
Trusted Member Enrolled
03/12/2018 8:46 am  

@kristen_bryant I totally feel you! STILL in phase 2, STILL down 1-2 pounds... I feel like I should get some type of special medal for not losing any weight on DSK?! Is that a thing?!  I keep on trucking every day but I gotta tell ya, when I see people posting about losing 5 pounds or 10 pounds I think to myself, why are you still doing this? I keep trying to tell myself that at some point my body will get with the program and the weight will start to slide off... we will see. I am going to stay in Phase 2 until Christmas and then move to Phase 3... my fingers are crossed that I will see some success... 

Good luck to you my friend! 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register