Question about potassium supplementation  

RSS

Hi,

I am on day 4 of DSK.  Eric Berg recommends 4000+ mg of potassium, his and Zipp fizz get your to 1000, others like Vega and such more like 250.  So I ordered Potasssium Citrate from bulk supplements and cannot for the life of me figure out the proper dose.  It's important because there are medical problems from taking too much.

I had a terrible headache this morning, took a zipp fizz and gone.  So I want to make this a regime but I want to avoid the 2 carbs from the Zipp and the caffeine.  So can someone tell me how much of this is a good dose to get me say to 2000 mcg?

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by Ironman Keto Ken

For example how many 1/4 teaspoon.   Please.

3 Answers

@ken So keto vitals would be my recommendation. Also, You do not need to supplement 4000mg of potassium. Most people thrive on a 2:1 salt to potassium ratio. So if your eating 5,000mg of sodium you only need 2,500mg of potassium. A 1/4 tsp of pure potassium is ruffly 500mg of potassium. I hope that helps.

So i would do 1/2  a tsp. That would give you a 1,000 through supplementation and then the rest you will eat in your diet. 

1/2 tsp it is.  10g carbs comes quick ... 2 in zip fizz, eggs have carbs and so on.

I haven't tracked sodium, just use himalayan sea salt shaker relatively liberally.  

Thanks

Share:

Working

Please Login or Register