Vega Hydrate reaction? *warning sensitive post if you’re tickled stomach🤪*  

RSS

fitnessbex
(@fitnessbec)
Eminent Member Enrolled
24/08/2018 6:22 am  

Hi wonderful people 😄, I have started taking the above for the last 2 days and have had constant extremely runny no.2’s .  I got this for my hubby as he needed extra supplementation as he is doing the DSK course and I realized I was lacking in electrolytes as my magnesium tablet wasn’t 500mg as I thought but 100mg and my potassium has gone as I’ve cut out avocados for a while until hubby fishes the DSK course, so I started taking some. 

Everything was fine with my bowels until I started taking 1 tsp everyday.  I thought it was the 150g of spinach I ate 2 days ago ( to help with potassium intake) but the problem is still persisting every time I eat any food with fat in it?  I’ve been Keto for several months and never experienced this gastro discomfort.  I will add, I am not in any pain.  My hubby feel totally fine...

Thanks Bex

ReplyQuote
KetoKaiser
(@ketokaiser)
Trusted Member Enrolled
24/08/2018 8:26 am  
Posted by: fitnessbex

Hi wonderful people 😄, I have started taking the above for the last 2 days and have had constant extremely runny no.2’s .  I got this for my hubby as he needed extra supplementation as he is doing the DSK course and I realized I was lacking in electrolytes as my magnesium tablet wasn’t 500mg as I thought but 100mg and my potassium has gone as I’ve cut out avocados for a while until hubby fishes the DSK course, so I started taking some. 

Everything was fine with my bowels until I started taking 1 tsp everyday.  I thought it was the 150g of spinach I ate 2 days ago ( to help with potassium intake) but the problem is still persisting every time I eat any food with fat in it?  I’ve been Keto for several months and never experienced this gastro discomfort.  I will add, I am not in any pain.  My hubby feel totally fine...

Thanks Bex

Hi Bex,

While a reaction to anything is totally possible (I am testing out a potential spinach reaction right now), I think it is unlikely. I was taking this pre dsk and still taking it on dsk, several scoops over the course of the day.

I had the issue you are referring to at different points over my keto journey (over 2 years). I usually get the dreaded bum pee as I call it, when there is a drastic change in my nutrition (like going from 20-30 net carbs to 10 total carbs for example), but it should pass. It could also be the higher fat content if your stomach isn't used to it yet (not sure how you were eating prior). Fat absorption requires bile and any major changes to that requires your body to increase or decrease production.  Once it catches up, your bowel habits should go back to normal. 

The major difference to note is that there is generally no pain or gas to go along with said bowel changes. It is certainly not pleasant, but it shouldn't last long. That being said, if you strongly feel your body is reacting to something, remove it from your diet to see if anything changes. You can always choose to reintroduce it if you find it is not the problem.

Max Havoc liked
ReplyQuote
AndyC (IG: @TheKetoneKid)
(@ig-theketonekid)
Active Member Enrolled
24/08/2018 1:49 pm  

Funny you mention this...I have taken Vega Hydrate on and off for about 9mos.  Once I started DSK I increased this to daily.  Similar symptoms, which I chalked up to possibly reaching my protein threshold in phase 1.  Also, I work for the company who makes Vega Hydrate (ironic).  Wondering if others are experiencing the same.  (I am in our Dairy sales division so I am not an expert on this line at all). 

Andy

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
25/08/2018 9:38 pm  

Lots of people get intestinal distress when they start DSK but it's generally from the 80 % fat in the protocol. I would agree with KetoKasier and if you feel like something is causing you to have this reaction then kick it from your protocol and see what happens. But only remove one variable at a time so you'll have a clear indicator of the issue.

Some people respond differently to different foods and / or supplements as were all different, so kick it and see how you do. And IMO Dr Bergs is a better more cost effective supplement anyway, Vega is to sweet for my taste.

KetoKaiser liked
ReplyQuote
fitnessbex
(@fitnessbec)
Eminent Member Enrolled
26/08/2018 12:17 pm  

Well the good news is, my tummy is OK again.  I think it was the excessive amounts of spinach and I realised I had taken too much magnesium citrate which had most likely caused the discomfort.  All is good again with the Vega, had a scoop yesterday...  😀

KetoKaiser liked
ReplyQuote
fitnessbex
(@fitnessbec)
Eminent Member Enrolled
26/08/2018 12:18 pm  

We'll try Dr Bergs after we've finished the Vega but I must admit I do like the Vega taste in Berry.... Thanks everyone  😀 

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
26/08/2018 7:56 pm  

@fitnessbec  That's Terrific!!!!  I agree with Max'e assessment of the Dr. Berg's electrolyte powder, it too is delicious, sweetened with stevia!!!  😋 😋   Magnesium Citrate has the great boiavailabilty, but it is also very harsh on the stomach.   I only use it when severely constipated.  A better choice is the chelated  (optimized bioavailability & High Absorption) 200mg BIO Schwartz it's Magnesium Bisglycinate and it's 100 % chelated (bonded with the amino acid glycine) & and not buffered. When magnesium is bonded in this way it is better absorbed by our bodies.  In general, all common chelated forms of magnesium, are better absorbed, than the most common magnesium supplements. That means the magnesium will stay together till it reaches your lower intestine where all the absorption happens.  Bio Schwartz has clean ingredients and it is much easier on your stomach than magnesium citrate.    Hope this is helpful!!! 😀  😀  😀  😊  😊 

ReplyQuote
kriley
(@kriley)
New Member Registered
17/09/2018 6:49 am  

Hi everyone,  I was watching Robert's last Q&A Deeper State Keto last night and he mentioned he will not be drinking the Vega Hydrate since they released the new formula.

I just bought a new box what changed?  Why is it bad for us and does anyone have any recommendations for electrolyte supplements.  I'm just realizing most of my issues right now are due to imbalanced electrolytes.  I am currently taking potassium 99 mg and magnesium Citrate 200mg (one each night)  but thinking that is not enough.

Thank you!!!!

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
17/09/2018 6:59 am  
Posted by: kriley

Hi everyone,  I was watching Robert's last Q&A Deeper State Keto last night and he mentioned he will not be drinking the Vega Hydrate since they released the new formula.

I just bought a new box what changed?  Why is it bad for us and does anyone have any recommendations for electrolyte supplements.  I'm just realizing most of my issues right now are due to imbalanced electrolytes.  I am currently taking potassium 99 mg and magnesium Citrate 200mg (one each night)  but thinking that is not enough.

Thank you!!!!

@Kriley

There is nothing wrong with the new formula it just has lower magnesium and pottasium mg per serving. 

If your bottle shoes 400mg pottasium per serving you are good as the newer formula as much lower. Even with the new formula it is fine you just need more servings to get your daily intake.

Dr. Bergs electrolyte is a good replacement as it has 1000 mg pottasium per serving and zippfizz is another good one. 

If the supplement you’re currently taking is all you’re taking per day that’s definitely not enough. The goal it typically is magnesium 400 to 600, Sodium 3500 to 4500 (everyone is different here) and pottasium 1500-2500. 

I hope this helps. 

kriley liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register