Offboarding and vac...

Offboarding and vacation question/plan  

RSS

shaarmann
(@shaarmann)
Active Member Enrolled
04/06/2019 11:07 am  

Probably another dumb question, but I appreciate everyone's input.  I am still in phase 2 for another month but need to plan ahead. 

My brother is getting married in Aruba at the end of June.  It corresponds with the end of my 90 days (not on purpose).  I will likely be close to my goal weight, but maybe not entirely.  I think my macros will allow me to go until the end of July (if needed) before I run out of runway before offboarding. My original plan was to start offboarding around that time, but the weight has been a little slower to come off than originally thought (but still pretty good overall-20 pounds in 2 months).  I'm staying at an all inclusive resort for a few days for the wedding and another place for another 3-4 days.  So I am looking at about a week in Aruba where I will not be able to cook my own food.  I am wondering how someone will deal with such a vacation as their macros are getting pretty low.  I don't want to go completely off plan and gain fat over the course of the week if overeating at "maintenance", but I also don't want to stress about my food all week and actually enjoy Aruba with my wife and family, where I likely won't get to visit again.  Would it be a bad idea to have a couple re-feed days in a row before going back to strict offboarding (haven't done any yet)?  Will I sabotage the progress I have made if I do that?  I want to do it right, but also don't want to stress about stuff that I cannot plan ahead for.

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
04/06/2019 8:00 pm  

I feel ya with wanting to be able to relax to a point on vacation with being strict but not wanting to gain a lot of weight either. Then not being able to cook for yourself is definitely another stresser here.

If I remember right in the post that I just approved, you said that you were getting pretty hungry with what your macros are at now. May I ask what your calories are at now? Also, when were you thinking of doing the refeeds that you are maybe thinking of doing? 

ReplyQuote
shaarmann
(@shaarmann)
Active Member Enrolled
05/06/2019 6:28 am  

You know, I started reflecting on my food for the last couple weeks last night and I think the issue with hunger could be volume. So, I adjusted my meal plan for today. I took out a couple things out and added a couple eggs. I also am adding some miracle rice for the first time since when a used it in a cream based pasta sauce in the first week when I needed a lot of fat but not much protein. Hoping these changes help the hunger feeling today.

Macros are currently 1869 calories 161 fat/ 95 protein.  I am changing to  1813 calories 157 fat / 90 protein on 6/7, according to the spreadsheet.  I have until the end of July before I get down to 1500 ish calories  

I haven’t had any Refeeds yet and really have been ok with food until this week’s macros. The hunger could be my food choices. I usually eat the same foods for the week and then switch it up. I’ll mess with that. 

I have about 15 pounds to go until I meet my “goal”  I have lost 85 pounds since February of 2018.  20 since April 1, when I started deeper state keto. My goal is to reach the arbitrary number of 100 pounds lost.  At the start of deeper state keto, an inBody said I was at 27.5% body fat so I think I have plenty of room to lose additional weight.  I’m a 40 year old male  and I’m at the lightest weight I can remember over the last 15 years or so.  

As as far as the vacation goes, I’m just trying to have a plan so I don’t fall off the wagon or make some bad decisions and  “rationalize” it because I’m in Aruba. I also want it to be as stress free as possible so I can enjoy it and not worry about my food the entire time. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
05/06/2019 4:14 pm  

Those are all good ideas for what you are doing with your food and seeing how it affects you.

I also fully understand the vacation thing. Do you have any idea of the kinds of foods that will be available? I would go in with the mindset of trying my best but be okay with an unscheduled refeed if it happens.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register