Different macros fo...

Different macros for the same recipe...which do I use?  

RSS

dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/03/2019 10:59 am  

Hello all! Hoping someone can help.

I used KetoConnect’s fat bomb recipe. Put it into MFP with the exact brands of the ingredients I used. Their macros were:

82 cal/0.6 carb/9.1 fat/ 0.2 protein ..... mine came out to...

65 cal/ 2 carb(1.4 fiber, but that doesn’t matter on DSK, right?) 6.4 Fat/ 0.7 protein 

Which should I use? I’m so confused. Thanks for any insight!

dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/03/2019 11:21 am  

I’m responding to my own question. I just figured out the macros using pen and paper and got much closer to KetoConnect’s figures. How can MFP be so far off? Now I feel like all my macros could’ve been off for the last 10 days.

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
05/03/2019 10:38 pm  

I firstly never trust My Fitness Pal. I would always compare what they had listed to this website,  https://nutritiondata.self.com/ , which gives you more accurate data. My Fitness Pal can also be rounding their numbers and the items that you see in the list are items that people input. There are no true check and balances of the data being correct in there. 

For figuring out recipe macros I typically just calculate it myself to make sure on this program. 

Also correct that fiber does not matter on this program. 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
06/03/2019 8:12 am  

Oh no! I have been relying on MFP. Maybe I need to figure out macros on the site you suggested and add them to the MFP database. I don’t think there’s another way to correct the mistakes there. Thanks for your feedback. Very helpful.

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
06/03/2019 1:27 pm  

No problem. It will be okay for the last weeks. Can't change anything from the past, just gotta move forward. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register