Do I need Onboarding?  

RSS

dr.elizabeth.thatcher
(@dr-elizabeth-thatcher)
New Member Enrolled
01/11/2018 3:44 pm  

My recommended calories and macros are already high. I have a lot of weight to lose. If I enter my weight and macros into the onboarding spread sheet, it shows green and move to phase 1 immediately.

Obviously i have dieted many times, but i've been Keto for a few months, and although my recommended calories are about 2000, i currently consume about 1700-1900 calories a day. Should I plan to go through onboarding?

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
01/11/2018 10:18 pm  
Posted by: dr.elizabeth.thatcher

My recommended calories and macros are already high. I have a lot of weight to lose. If I enter my weight and macros into the onboarding spread sheet, it shows green and move to phase 1 immediately.

Obviously i have dieted many times, but i've been Keto for a few months, and although my recommended calories are about 2000, i currently consume about 1700-1900 calories a day. Should I plan to go through onboarding?

For a quick answer, yes I would say to still onboard. 

I'm curious, how much weight do you want to lose?

You mentioned that you have a lot of weight to lose and by onboarding and bringing your calories up higher, will allow you to stay in this program longer with helping you to lose that weight. We don't want you to bottom out your calories (going too low) and then have to go back to onboarding. Another way to put it is that you are giving your body more runway while you are putting constant pressure on it when tapering the calories down. The ideal situation is to go as high as possible in your calories before you start phase 1.

I personally did not onboard and I wish I had.

@theketoroad@christosfl81 , correct me if I'm wrong, but she would start the onboarding with 1700 calories since that's the low range that she's currently been eating at?

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
02/11/2018 9:25 am  
Posted by: AbbyBK

For a quick answer, yes I would say to still onboard. 

I'm curious, how much weight do you want to lose?

You mentioned that you have a lot of weight to lose and by onboarding and bringing your calories up higher, will allow you to stay in this program longer with helping you to lose that weight. We don't want you to bottom out your calories (going too low) and then have to go back to onboarding. Another way to put it is that you are giving your body more runway while you are putting constant pressure on it when tapering the calories down. The ideal situation is to go as high as possible in your calories before you start phase 1.

I personally did not onboard and I wish I had.

@theketoroad@christosfl81 , correct me if I'm wrong, but she would start the onboarding with 1700 calories since that's the low range that she's currently been eating at?

@abbyb1885 That is correct. I would start at 1700 and I would go up to about 2000-2200. The reason I say this is dead on with what Abby mentioned. You want to give yourself runway to be in phase 2 as long as possible.  Especially since you have a fair amount of weight you want to lose.  If you do not do this you will need to go to onboarding again n phase 2 as you will rock bottom your calories before you finish phase 2 and potentially go to phase 3. Truth be told, you may feel off as you go past what you are used to (lethargic, bloated and maybe gain a lb or 2) This is normal and part of the process. You will lose it in the long run. The goal is to set yourself up with enough runway to finish the course successfully. 

Christos

ReplyQuote
dr.elizabeth.thatcher
(@dr-elizabeth-thatcher)
New Member Enrolled
03/11/2018 1:40 pm  

Thank you for the feedback. I have about 100 pounds to lose.

dr.elizabeth.thatcher
(@dr-elizabeth-thatcher)
New Member Enrolled
03/11/2018 1:41 pm  

Thank you! How do I reverse engineer my macros to account for a 1700 calorie diet versus the calculated macros that are given to me based on my weight and activity?

This post was modified 1 month  ago by dr.elizabeth.thatcher

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
04/11/2018 1:04 am  

Thank you! How do I reverse engineer my macros to account for a 1700 calorie diet versus the calculated macros that are given to me based on my weight and activity?

Your starting macros would be 151 fat and 75 protein with a max 10 g for carbs. This will come to 1699 calories. I personally actually started at these macros. 

Let us know if you have any further questions along the way with this program. 

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
New Member Enrolled
02/12/2018 12:15 pm  

Hello. Im a chronic dieter and have been working on increasing the past 4 weeks (began at 1250). Im up to 1500 on my own, but according to the calculator, I shouldn't start under 1765 calories. When I plug my numbers into the onboarding section, it looks like It raises me right up to 1765. Im scared to go from 1500 to 1765 since I will gain weight. Shouldn't I be increasing gradually? Also, what should my fat percent be during onboarding? Thanks!!!

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
03/12/2018 7:47 am  

@juriknr

I know that we chatted on IG yesterday but I'll repeat some things, for others who read this later. 🙂

Yes, you are in the right mindset to start at 1500 for onboarding and not jump right to 1765. Also, I'm glad that you knew (or listened to someone 😉 to increase your calories. 🙂 I'm just curious, have you gained any weight since you started to increase your calories?

I thought I would show you the math to figure out the correct grams for 1500 calories. If it makes sense, great, if not, I'm still here for the future if whenever needed. A little background: 1 gram of fat gives you 9 calories. Both protein and carbs will give you 4 calories for 1 gram.

Below I did 1500 (starting calories) times 0.8, as we start you at 80% fat.

1500 x 0.8 =1,200 (this is the calories of fat). 1,200 /9=133.3 (grams of fat)

1,200 + 40 (calories for carbs) = 1240

1500-1240= 260 (calories for protein) 260/4=65 grams of protein

So your macros would be 133 fat (rounding), 65 protein and 10 max carbs. 

Also, if able, go past the 1765 calories. The higher you can get, the better your body will be. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register