Onboarding  

RSS

shelwood
(@shelwood)
New Member Enrolled
10/02/2019 4:19 pm  

In onboarding what are you looking for? How do I know if I should be moving onto phase 1? 

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
10/02/2019 7:09 pm  

Ideally, you will want to go as high as possible for your calories. You may gain some weight but that will come off during the program. If you notice that you keep gaining a lot of weight each week, it may be time to look at more things.

I'd like to know a little more about you though, as each person is different.

What are your current calories at now and what did you start off at? Did you count macros or calories before starting DSK? If so, what were they? Are you struggling with eating as much food as you are now? Do you also workout?

This post was modified 6 months ago by AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )

ReplyQuote
shelwood
(@shelwood)
New Member Enrolled
15/02/2019 9:12 am  

I'm a 62 yo female, retired, 

Keto for 2 years recently discovered I'm dairy intolerant,  switching to paleo, found I was hungry all the time. Got tired of gaining weight  signed up for DSK .  I've never counted macros.  

Not active in winter other than 20 minutes on the treadmill, stretches for my back, lift very light weights.

In warmer weather I walk twice a day 30 to 40 minutes (dog)

Two years ago I started keto because of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.   Not gone but 50% better.

My first week on DSK I lost 2 lbs, ate 1569 calories, had no problem getting my fats or protein in. 

Is there anything else?

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
15/02/2019 6:42 pm  

I also have fibromyalgia and eating the DSK way with a high fat percent has helped my pain a lot. I have a shoulder pain issue as well, and being high fat helps and when I don't, I notice it. Going through this program, keep an eye on your pain levels. 

I think for you with knowing what to expect with Onboarding, would be to just keep increasing your calories until you start gaining weight consistently. Your weight will fluctuate from day to day though even within 2 pounds. There are a lot of factors that can go into weight fluctuations. Just a few would be, length of sleep (I tend to weigh more on days I work early. haha),  stress, and salt intake.

Also, welcome back to keto. It's a place I never plan to leave. 🙂

ReplyQuote
shelwood
(@shelwood)
New Member Enrolled
17/02/2019 1:01 pm  

Thanks.  I feel so much better eating keto.

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
17/02/2019 2:51 pm  

I agree with @abbyb1885 . I think just watching for consistent weight gain is the best way to approach it 🙂 

Welcome back to keto 🙂

Share:

Working

Please Login or Register