Onboarding Weight Gain - What Is To Be Expected?  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
02/10/2018 9:59 am  

I freaking love this quote "When embarking on a new lifestyle change, your body has plenty of patience & persistence, it is your mind you have to convince, or true change can never happen!!" Hits home so well for DSK.

I may just have to share it on IG. 🙂

Fiona
(@fiona)
Eminent Member Enrolled
08/10/2018 4:57 pm  

I've been dropping weight over the past few days. And even a few days last week.

I've got the beginnings of a cold/flu settling in (of the non-keto variety) and I think I've gotten my FAT vs PROTEIN ratio of a steak I've been eating the past few days out of whack.  

Gonna brush myself off and keep going through to the end of this week. And choose 'not-steak' for next weeks' protein. 

Should onboarding be only 5 weeks long? Can I go longer? (Curious to see if I add another week onboarding, or if I simply go UP in calories as I shift into Phase 1)

- Fiona

PS. I'd love your thoughts @judylove @christosfl81 @max-havoc

ReplyQuote
Fiona
(@fiona)
Eminent Member Enrolled
08/10/2018 5:31 pm  

I've attached a screengrab of my bodyweight fluctuations, my full keto history, and more recently I marked where my DSK adventure started on Sep 1 with ONBOARDING.

The extra line is a 10-day trending average.  So I can see how I'm shifting "week on week". Allowing me to skip the mental anguish of the seemingly random daily shifts up and down. 

Started DSK eating 7C 142F 69P = 1523 calories

Week 5 of ONBOARDING has me shooting for 10C 200F 110P = 2280 calories

I thought this extra info may help you, help me?! 

🙂

- Fiona

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
08/10/2018 7:17 pm  

@fiona 

hello! Thank you for coming with all your questions and not just winging it! I respect that!

Now the other moderators & coach’s can respond but for me  think it’s wise to move to phase one even  if you don’t have a protein threshold set. I would for sure go ahead and start phase 1 🙂

Also , during off boarding , I do not feel eating steak is a big deal. However , when on boarding and going through phase 1-3 steak is a dangerous game due to the fact that all marveling is different so the fat to protein ratio can vary ALOT with each piece you eat. This in consistency could be what is throwing you off at the moment. I would stick with ground meats that have an even Protein to fat ratio throughout.

i hope this helps!!

This post was modified 2 months  ago by Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
08/10/2018 8:01 pm  

hey @fiona Thanks for the note. I will  respond the last few replies. 

I agree with @ketoroad  (our newest moderator who has worked closely with Robert) that steak is really tough in the early phases of DSK. The marbling is tough to tell what the actual protein and fat content is. Robert , myself, Max and others all log it as 50% Fat and 50% Protein to be safe.  Don't go by the food tracker entries. I still recommend saving steak for the later phases unless you are traveling or eating out and that is the best option. Don't shoot the messenger 🙂 

By looking at  your screenshot the line looks normal. Losing fast when beginning on-boarding with the typical move to 10 carbs and then lowering slower. As your calories go up you may have fluctuation as you are seeing up and down. I would say the past few days (and even week of two) you are still in fact tending down still. My recommendation is to stay in onboarding another week to try and see how high you can go before you repeatedly increase ( you are dead on with your 10 day average).  

You cannot up your calories in phase 1 as the spreadsheet is already built to start decreasing your calories in week 1 of phase 1 BUT it will increase your protein and lower your fat. This is where we start to figure out your protein treshold. Again my recommendation is to add another weeks worth of row in the spreadsheet and see what one more week of caloric increase does to you. You may gain some (or maybe not) but it will quickly go back down when your calories decrease. The goal of onboarding is to get your calories high enough that you can do the full course AND the higher your calories are the less of a deficit you get into and easier to offboard to maintenance when it is time (unless of course you have more weight to lose and need to go to onboarding again). 

I hope this helps!! Let me know if you have any questions. 

Christos

Fiona
(@fiona)
Eminent Member Enrolled
08/10/2018 8:32 pm  

@theketoroad

Steak is not off the list (outside of restaurants!) for now. It can come back during offboarding. 

Thanks for being here to answer my questions. I'm not a fan of winging it!

- Fiona

Fiona
(@fiona)
Eminent Member Enrolled
08/10/2018 9:06 pm  

@christosfl81

I'll stick with onboarding for another week. See how things pan out. 

- Fiona

This post was modified 2 months  ago by Fiona

Fiona
(@fiona)
Eminent Member Enrolled
15/10/2018 10:54 pm  

Looks like my latest macro increases have reignited my fat burning skills. (My daily weigh-ins have me trending further down for the past few days)

This week is Week 8 of DSK (all ONBOARDING)

I now find watching my chart adjust quite interesting. (attached pic)

I'm now watching my average trend over a 14-day timeframe, thanks to feedback from @theketoroad @christosfl81 and @judylove

My adventure so far (Week #, Carbs, Fat, Protein)

ONBOARDING MACROS
W1 10 142 69 1594
W2 10 151 75 1699
W3 10 161 80 1811
W4 10 172 87 1931
W5 10 183 94 2060
W6 10 195 101 2197
W7 10 207 109 2343
NOW 10 221 118 2499

If I continue to hold on to this downward trend, I'll stick this out for another week or two... see how far up I can sneak my calories. 

W9 10 235 128 2666
W10 10 250 138 2844
W11 10 267 149 3035

I anticipate my body having a weight gain response by Week 11. But who knows. Will post back here again in a while as the weeks tick by. 

- Fiona

This post was modified 2 months  ago by Fiona

Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register