Onboarding Weight G...

Onboarding Weight Gain - What Is To Be Expected?  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
24/01/2019 6:37 am  

@fiona@juriknr How are yall doing 🙂 Just wanted to check in and see how everything was going on yalls DSK journey 🙂

ReplyQuote
Fiona
(@fiona)
Trusted Member Enrolled
24/01/2019 12:45 pm  

@theketoroad - Now working my way through "Phase 2 - Tapering Macros". - Fiona

(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
24/01/2019 1:19 pm  

@fiona awesome! let me know if you have any questions!

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
27/01/2019 7:24 am  

Thanks for checking in @ketoroad! I’m sticking to my macros 100%. Haven’t weighed this week because my condo flooded and I’m living in a hotel so talk about stress!! I have done 4 weeks of phase one. I feel pretty good. Now I’m about 77% fat this week. It’s my last week on phase one according to the graph so should I switch to phase two regardless ? Unless I gain this week- then I would use last weeks macros to start, correct? I’m down two pounds since starting but I’m always a slow loser with my hypothyroid and the yo yo I’ve done all my life! I’m excited to start cutting. It’s a lot to eat all these calories!!! And I want to really see the scale start moving! Thanks for checking in!!! Congrats to your wife too!

(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
28/01/2019 4:23 pm  

@juriknr that awesome! yes ! would transition as the spread sheet does if everything is going well!  hah I totally understand when it comes to the amount of food you have to eat! Makes you look forward to eating less lol! 

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
30/01/2019 6:48 pm  

So spoke too soon! I’m back up 2 pounds so net loss of 0 in 4 weeks! I’m getting so frustrated! I even cut out stevia in my coffee 5 days a week!! Help me @theketoroad

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
31/01/2019 10:25 am  

I know that I'm not Jonathan, but thought I'd jump on here and give my 2 cents today as well.

First, take a deep breath and let it out. 🙂 You've been dealing with some stress with the flooding and change in living circumstances right now. Stress messes with our bodies and our weight. It's very cruel. For my type 1 husband stress can cause his blood sugar to spike and IF he had a pancreas that produced insulin, then insulin would flood his body. Insulin is a fat storing hormone and thus not let the body lose weight. 

Also, I'm curious did you take body measurements before starting this program? I remember when Megha went through this program the scale hardly moved for her but her body was changing and she had noticeable results. 

With phase 2, remember that you can choose which fat percent you liked and felt the best at. When I went through the program, I liked a higher fat percent and actually kept increasing it each week. 

Would you like us to look at the foods you are eating and see if we notice anything that could maybe help?

Also, remember that you mentioned that are a little slower at losing and have a past history of dieting. Those can play a role in this. 

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
31/01/2019 7:26 pm  

Thanks so much for the response! I know the stress hasn’t helped! How do you know what percentile to use? I think I’m at 76% now and I’ve felt great each week. One week I dropped two pounds when i was at 78% and then gained it back, but that was like mid flood so I don’t know! Should I just use 76 since that’s what I’m at now? Also how do you look at my logs ? I will appreciate anything !!!

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
31/01/2019 9:31 pm  

No problem. 🙂

For the fat percent, I would go with where you felt the best.

Where do you track your food?

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
01/02/2019 4:29 am  

In my fitness pal

ReplyQuote
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
01/02/2019 9:01 am  

@juriknr I will let Abby continue to help with the ratios as she knows her stuff  and yall were already discussing it. I will say that she is right, sudden jumps in weight are not fat and can be caused by stress. So don't over think it. Just make adjustments as needed and stay consistent. Of course I am always here if you have a questions or need a pep talk 😉 

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
02/02/2019 4:50 am  

@juriknr I have used MyFitnessPal before and I can look at your stuff after I friend you on there. You can private message me your name you used in the program or you can share it in the thread also. 

juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
07/02/2019 10:53 am  

Thanks!! I’m juriknr on there 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
07/02/2019 4:04 pm  

Sent the request just now. 🙂

ReplyQuote