Should I do on boar...

Should I do on boarding?  

RSS

shaarmann
(@shaarmann)
Active Member Enrolled
01/04/2019 12:18 pm  

starting today!  Really looking forward to the challenge

Here is my situation and a brief run down. Hopefully someone can help me figure out plan and if I should onboard  

I am a 40 year old 6 ft roughly 248 pounds. I started keto the beginning of March 2018 and quickly lost 65 pounds (from 313 ish).  I have been within a 5-10 pound range (or current) for roughly 9 months. I think I have a good solid 30-40 pounds to go.  Since December, I have been hitting the gym hard, doing cardio, playing indoor soccer and incorporating trying to lift heavy (well for me heavy, not really heavy, lol)  according to my Apple Watch(I know it isn’t that accurate) I’m expending roughly 3500-3800 calories including basil and activity per day.  

I know I’ve loosened up on my diet since the initial loss,  but not really cheat meals  more like when I make dinner for the family, maybe I eat a few tator tots or a couple fries off their plate.  I’ve maybe had 2-3 meals over that time that included roasted potatoes or  something like 1-2 pieces  of pizza.  (Felt fine next day btw)

my macro calculatings say I should be fine to start phase 1.  However, I am wondering if I need to do on boarding to raise my calories up though.  I haven’t been really good at tracking, but if I had to guess, I’ve probably been around 2000 calories with probably close to a 1:1 protein to fat gram ratio.  Don’t really know though, I have paid attention to net carbs (20) and not really overall   

Any help or advice would be great!

scott

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
02/04/2019 8:19 pm  

All great insight. A question for you though. 

Have you looked to see what the macro calculator puts you at?  http://ketosavage.com/keto-macro-calculator/

ReplyQuote
shaarmann
(@shaarmann)
Active Member Enrolled
03/04/2019 9:54 am  

Yes, It put me at 195F/100P/10C, based on my initial figures.

I decided to start at 208F/108P/10C (2344 calories) (the first bump up on the onboarding calculation I think) with the intent to use the onboarding and to raise them. 

I ate at those macros for the first three days.  3/31, 4/1 and yesterday.  Down 3.6 pounds!

I actually went and got an inbody yesterday and as it turns out, my body fat percentage was lower than I thought by 6.5%, putting my basal metabolic rate at 2105 kcal.  I was using the home scale body fat along with pictures (I've been weighing every morning since the beginning of the year to have the data available.  I love data). So, the new data actually has me starting at those macros I decided on. 

I think my plan is to just follow the phase 1, unless someone tells me that I should be doing onboarding.  I want to think about long term goals here, and not just losing the weight quickly (although I am heading to Aruba at the end of June for my brothers wedding).

I was initially worried that my metabolism was just screwed up from being at a caloric deficit for a long time with no movement.  However, I am now starting to see the errors of my thoughts and that while I thought I was eating at a deficit, the reality is that by not weighing everything and taking those couple of french fries every now and again, I was really sabotaging my plan. 

Finally, I need to get better at planning my meals.  I had to eat hard cheese with butter the other day to finish my macros (thanks Keto Savage for the "recipe" on a vlog episode)  I don't want to do that very often, so I need to plan better.

Thanks!

Scott

This post was modified 3 months ago by shaarmann

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
04/04/2019 3:13 pm  

What you are doing now sounds great.  👍  Thinking long term is always a great mindset as well.

Awesome progress so far, as well. 

Also, what's wrong with hard cheese and butter together? lol I've actually done it and enjoyed it, haha

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register