Should I just go to phase one  

RSS

Rochelle Rosa
(@keto_lioness)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/10/2018 7:07 am  

I've been doing Onboarding since I started seven weeks ago. Robert doesn't want me to begin with the phases until I run the NYC marathon on November 4th. I'm holding my macros and calories where I am now. But I have been having trouble with my digestive system and my respiratory system. So my runs have been difficult. I found out yesterday that I have a hiatal hernia and that it's pushing on my diaphragm so this is why I'm having trouble. I'm told I have to change my eating because the caffeine and fats are not acceptable. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can stay keto and not suffer. So should I stop Onboarding and begin with phase one? Maybe I need to keep higher protein but it's the higher fat that stops me from having sugar binges because I'm addicted to all sugars especially chocolate. 

Rochelle A Rosa

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
05/10/2018 9:48 am  
Posted by: Rochelle Rosa

I've been doing Onboarding since I started seven weeks ago. Robert doesn't want me to begin with the phases until I run the NYC marathon on November 4th. I'm holding my macros and calories where I am now. But I have been having trouble with my digestive system and my respiratory system. So my runs have been difficult. I found out yesterday that I have a hiatal hernia and that it's pushing on my diaphragm so this is why I'm having trouble. I'm told I have to change my eating because the caffeine and fats are not acceptable. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can stay keto and not suffer. So should I stop Onboarding and begin with phase one? Maybe I need to keep higher protein but it's the higher fat that stops me from having sugar binges because I'm addicted to all sugars especially chocolate. 

What are your calories at now? what are your macros? in onboarding?

Why was the high fat deemed unacceptable? Is it that specific doctor's unfamiliarity with keto?

Typically digestive system issues is your body getting used to the high fat? How long have you been keto? What were macros before?

There are a lot off variables here so trying to put the pieces together to help 🙂 

Christos

ReplyQuote
Rochelle Rosa
(@keto_lioness)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/10/2018 2:15 pm  

Hi Christos I'm five feet tall. Weigh 110 today. Calories are 1,957. Macros fat 171 Protein 95 and carbs 10 total. I've have suffered with digestive problems for most of my life. I can't eat many foods like all spicy foods, sausage, pepperoni, onions and garlic, tomato sauce. I've had stomach ulcers and I even had a blood vessel burst in my stomach and I almost died. 

All the research I've been doing about a hiatal hernia says that I need to avoid red meat, high fat dairy, and high fatty foods. 

So I'm thinking of adding a small amount of avocado back into my lifestyle and using oils like avocado, olive, and coconut oils and less butter. Eating more salmon and less red meat. The marathon is in one month and I don't want to be suffering the way I've been for months now. 

Rochelle A Rosa

ReplyQuote
Rochelle Rosa
(@keto_lioness)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/10/2018 2:36 pm  

To answer your other question. I found keto last year by joining a Facebook group for sugar addicts. I'm one of them and I'm addicted to all sugars and everything chocolate. I was slowly killing myself. But I'm a runner and my races weren't doing so well so I panicked and gave up keto. In the spring of this year I went back full force and haven't stopped. I used to be a masters all natural woman's bodybuilder and in the woman's short light weight division. Diet was a typical high lean protein and low fat and low carbs. But that is extremely difficult to maintain. So off season the weight would pile back on and the yo-yo dieting was and is not something I want to do. Since I'm doing keto I no longer have sugar cravings and that is the best thing ever. 

Rochelle A Rosa

ReplyQuote
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
05/10/2018 3:21 pm  

@keto_lioness I completely get it. I also have a large sugar addiction and eating disorder. I cannot even have a little but as I will start a binge frenzy and a bad cycle.  I think changing your foods is smart and you are researching things for your condition.  

What is your goal calories for onboarding?  My advice is to keep to onboarding and change your foods to see if that helps.  My fear going closer to the race is that you will start upping your protein and with that comes your body getting used to higher protein (lethargic, bloating..etc) if your body has been used to higher fat adding more protein takes time for your body to get used to it. Make sure to keep your electrolytes up. 

If you are approaching your goal for onboarding and consistently gaining weight maybe it is time for P1. I do not know your maintenance do it is tough to say. also you have a lot of variables going on. 

How high do you think you can go on onboarding? this may help as to when to move to P1. Again you do not want to be playing with protein near the race as you may be lethargic if the protein is too high. 

Christos

PS sorry for all your issues 🙁 Keep your head up, it sounds like you are! We are here for you. 

ReplyQuote
Rochelle Rosa
(@keto_lioness)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/10/2018 3:45 pm  

Thanks Christos. :-))). Trust me I'm a feisty 67 year old woman who never gives up and quits on herself. I'm not going any higher with Onboarding but I guess Robert doesn't want me to go into phase one because of a risk of the higher protein might effect my energy and this is something that I can't risk if I'm going to be running 26.2 miles through all of New York. I mean I am running with 50,000 people from all over the world and it involves running across five bridges and many hills. NYC isn't a flat island lol. I'm going to begin phase one the very next day. So I'm working on packing on muscle right now too. I want to see if I come in bigger with my next cut. If I do I'm crazy enough that I might make a comeback with another bodybuilding or fit body which is woman's physique in Natural shows. Just not sure about walking in those heels because physique used not require heels. Again thank you so much. 

Rochelle A Rosa

(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
05/10/2018 3:49 pm  
Posted by: Rochelle Rosa

Thanks Christos. :-))). Trust me I'm a feisty 67 year old woman who never gives up and quits on herself. I'm not going any higher with Onboarding but I guess Robert doesn't want me to go into phase one because of a risk of the higher protein might effect my energy and this is something that I can't risk if I'm going to be running 26.2 miles through all of New York. I mean I am running with 50,000 people from all over the world and it involves running across five bridges and many hills. NYC isn't a flat island lol. I'm going to begin phase one the very next day. So I'm working on packing on muscle right now too. I want to see if I come in bigger with my next cut. If I do I'm crazy enough that I might make a comeback with another bodybuilding or fit body which is woman's physique in Natural shows. Just not sure about walking in those heels because physique used not require heels. Again thank you so much. 

Keep us posted! I agree with Robert as mentioned above the increased protein scares me for you. Change your foods I think is smart test. 

Keep me posted on the run, and your next move I am intrigued . 

Oh oh and the decision on the heels lol  🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register