Adjust macros mid-p...

Adjust macros mid-phase 1?  

RSS

Alisha B
 Alisha B
(@Alisha B)
06/02/2019 6:07 am  

Hey, quick question! I just started week 2 of phase one and feeling great. I originally calculated macros with the very lightest activity level using the keto savage website’s calculator; however, I started a weight-training/HIIT program this week, so am working out regularly. Should I leave my macros alone since I’m feeling well? Or re-calculate to account for workouts? I’m making awesome progress with weight loss/energy/sleep as is, so don’t want to tweak anything if it’s not totally necessary. Thanks for any advice!

Alisha

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
06/02/2019 9:57 am  

I would keep the macros how they are even though you added some working out. I'm curious as to what your calories are at. 

One thing to remember about this program is to slowly add constant pressure to it. We are doing that with calories and ideally also with workout out. Slowly adding things in each week. However, I know there are people who used this program and worked out heavy during it. 

ReplyQuote
alisha37207
(@alisha37207)
New Member Enrolled
06/02/2019 5:55 pm  

Sounds good! I’m at 1817/159/86/10. I’ve kept carbs under 20 for over a year (mostly!), but have never attempted to meet a fat goal. Finding it hard to meet fats & stay under protein now, but it’s coming more easily every day. I dont feel the macros hinder exercise performance at all tho. In fact, I feel better working out with what I’m currently doing food-wise than I ever have. I had previously done cardio only fairly consistently, but wanted to try something different. In hindsight I think I was likely pretty low on energy because I wasn’t eating enough fat. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
07/02/2019 4:10 pm  

It's pretty amazing what fat can do for us with energy. 🙂 I played the fat lever game also when I started keto and I lost weight. Yet, I love being able to keep fats high now and have a high percentage of fat. In a way, you are still doing less fat with DSK as you taper your calories, but the percent is kept at how best you like it. 

It's also pretty amazing with what a difference of 10 vs 20 carbs can do for people. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register