Favorite Go-To Foods/Meals  

RSS

Jamie
(@jamieandjavi14)
Active Member Enrolled
04/11/2018 11:41 am  

Hi fellow DSKers, 

Background: I'm on my third attempt at DSK and I'm learning a lot about my body and patterns. It seems like I stall at week 3 in Phase one and then just lose all hope. However, I need to lose 12 pounds for a potential job and am really struggling with making meal plans. I hit my macros every day, but am seeing a constant weight gain this week. I'll give it another week before switching to Phase 2, but I'm almost certain I've reached my protein threshold. A steady weight gain has happened week three of each attempt, and I also start to feel bloated, tired and cranky. When I stay at 78-80% fat, I lose weight consistently and feel amazing. This has also happened the last two years I've been on my keto journey. 

So, I know that it's recommended to eat the same/similar foods everyday, but I'm just curious what's everyone's go-to foods? I typically stick with eggs, bacon, ground beef, salad, cheese, and fatty coffee (when I'm IF). I really don't like fat bombs--I've tried a gazillion recipes. I've looked at the recipes on this site too, but I'm already eating that type of food. Any favorite spices/dressings/sauces I can use to change up my typical salads/meats? 

I'm determined to make it to my goal of 144. Help a keto sistah out! 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
04/11/2018 1:02 pm  

Hey Jamie, welcome back. 🙂 

I'm just curious, what your calories are at and what week are you currently in? 

Also, remember that at times during this course you may not be showing a weight loss on the scale. This is normal and it's okay. You could be having a stall or also your body is just adjusting to everything or just doing some body recomposition. I'll be making a post on this soon on my Instagram (Heck I'll leave the pic in this comment. The photo on the right was a few days ago. The one of the left is from August 5th) but my body looks slightly different now than it did when I started to Offboard and I weigh the same. The scale is only a measurement/ a tool to use with everything else. Use a piece a clothing, take those photos, take measurements. With measurements, try to do them in the morning and be aware of that certain foods could cause more bloat than others. 

You certainly do not have to eat the same/similar foods all the time. Doing this can just make things easier and learning more about how your body works. When I went through this course (started in April), I wasn't concerned about eating the same foods. At times I did just because that's what I wanted and it made things easier at times. 

Just thinking back on what I ate: I had eggs, sausage, deli meat (I mainly only used Boar's Head meat and watched the carbs. Some had carbs some don't.), hot dogs (watch the carbs of course), pizza with the crust being mainly meat and 1 egg, cheese, and butter.

I created a few meal plans on my site that you can check out here:  https://www.ketokeuhnnutrition.com/keto-recipes/category/keto-meal-plans/

This meal plan gives 3 days of what I ate throughout DSK:  https://www.ketokeuhnnutrition.com/keto-recipes/deeper-state-keto-meals/

With some of them, remove items that will make your carbs higher than 10 total. I listed some things as I had to remember that not everyone is doing DSK who looks at my site. haha  

For sauces, try using some of the low carb Primal Kitchen salad dressings, maybe experiment with coconut oil and butter or just animal fats with putting in on your meats and eggs. The other day, I cooked some bacon. Set aside the bacon. Then cooked some ground beef and set it aside. I then added some butter in the pan, let it melt and then cooked some scrambled eggs. OMG It was the best egg ever. 🙂 I also had the bacon and ground beef that same day, to account for all of the fat and protein. 

Jamie liked
ReplyQuote
Jamie
(@jamieandjavi14)
Active Member Enrolled
04/11/2018 2:49 pm  

Thanks @AbbyBK! When I first started the program one video said you should stick with the same meals to ensure consistency, so since I'm a rule follower, I have stuck with that. 

I also weigh my food to the gram and don't eat out. My body is changing and my clothes are fitting better, but if I'm not under a certain weight, I will lose this job opportunity. 

Here are my stats for Week 3: 

5'2

Current weight: 155.8

Goal weight 144

Cals: 1580

Fat: 135

Protein: 80

Carbs: Under 10 (of course)

I really don't want to lose motivation this time. Once I see that red line on the GD chart consistently go up, I just want to give up. So, since I've consistently gained weight in Week 3/4 all three times I've attempted the program, I think my protein threshold is 75 grams. I'm going to give it one more week to make sure, but I just thought I'd switch up my food to make it seem like I'm "trying something new" LOL. 

P.s. The bacon fat fried egg is one of my favorite things EVER. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
04/11/2018 3:07 pm  

@jamieandjavi14

For your job, how long are they giving you to lose the weight? Also, could I ask what kind of job is making you do this? 

I'm also a rule follower, as the other moderators and coaches will tell ya.  😆 I'm curious though, which video are you talking about with not being able to change the foods? However, yes, if you keep the foods the same it will definitely help with consistency. 

Also, stop looking at your weight graph at the bottom of your weekly macros.  🙃  There is no need to cause you to feel mentally terrible for something that is out of your control. Just keep reminding yourself that this is a process and to trust it. I know it can be hard especially with the current job that you have.

ReplyQuote
Jamie
(@jamieandjavi14)
Active Member Enrolled
04/11/2018 5:23 pm  

@AbbyBK

It's not for my current job (I'm currently a college professor--so no weight limit for that. LOL). It's for a job I really, REALLY want. I need to be 144 by the time of hire, but I know when that is yet. It's a position working directly with the public, so I need to be "fit" in order to help in emergencies. 

The food consistency was in one of the first videos where Robert Sikes discusses meal planning. It wasn't necessarily a hard rule, but I took it as "if you want to do this program effectively, there should be very little variables." 

Also, I took a look at your blog and I've been eating mainly the same things as you, yay! At least I'm doing everything right. 

I think that chart is one of the reasons I keep losing motivation so I guess I'll just delete it from my sheet--you're right, I need to stop focusing on it. I LOVE seeing it on the downhill though.  

So, do you think I should move on to Phase 2 knowing that I've had the same issues Week 3 every attempt? 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
04/11/2018 6:30 pm  

Yeah, I can see how being "fit" would be needed in that line of work. Too bad they don't look at just being fit and healthy and not care about the scale weight. 

While I was out shopping tonight I rethought about keeping food consistent. I was originally thinking that you would have the same breakfast, same lunch and same dinner from day to day and week to week (w macro changes). Which yes I remember them talking about more now. I also remember now that when I worked with Max closely, he stressed to not bring in new foods that I had not eaten while on the program. So kudos to you. 🙂   

You can still keep the graph, maybe just copy and paste it on a new tab. That is if you can not click on it. 🙂 I too at times, that line got the best of me but in time I ended up reasoning myself out of it and understood the processes and reasons why things were happening or not happening. Sometimes it's just harder at times. 

For moving onto phase 2, I would give it another week as you said before. Things may change and it never hurts to make sure. Also, remember that if the weight does creep up this week more, know that it will go back down. No stressing. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Jamie
(@jamieandjavi14)
Active Member Enrolled
04/11/2018 7:28 pm  

@AbbyBK

Thanks for talking through this with me! I appreciate your help. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
04/11/2018 7:29 pm  
Posted by: Jamie

@AbbyBK

Thanks for talking through this with me! I appreciate your help. 

Of course. 🙂💙

Jamie liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register