First week in the books  

RSS

MARSHA FIELDS
(@marshafields)
Eminent Member Enrolled
25/07/2019 7:52 pm  

😊

first week in.

My first week macro goal was:  fat  139, protein 68, total carbs 10.  

My weekly average was: fat 142, protein 69.7, total carbs 6.

I'm down 7.8#.

I know we are trying to find our protein threshold, but where does fat come into play??  I mean, isn’t there a fat threshold we should be considered about too??

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
26/07/2019 10:54 am  

We are also looking at the fat threshold as we look at the protein threshold. 😉 

As the protein percent goes up, the fat percentage goes down. When I did this protein, once I found my protein threshold, I just remembered what fat % I felt the best at. 

ReplyQuote
Stephen Chambers
(@stephenchambers)
Active Member Enrolled
04/09/2019 7:10 am  

Started week 1 of DSK on Monday (9/2/19) but to get used to tracking and such I am doing the 14 day plan but with Induction Calories and Macros based off the calculator. So far so good, never tracked before and its been pretty good so far. After the 2 weeks I will officially start the week 1 of DSK but I will have a better idea of meal timing and quantities by doing the 14 day plan. I will recalculate after the 2 weeks in case I lost any weight or Bf % and start at that induction. I am trying out 1.7 as an activity level but might have to play with that. I do CrossFit 6 days a week and squeeze in a couple other workouts during the week as well.

ReplyQuote
Stephen Chambers
(@stephenchambers)
Active Member Enrolled
09/09/2019 6:12 pm  

Hello all

Not sure where to post this question or email the chief link but here is my question. based on the post above which explains the basis of my question, I have finished week 1 and lost 9 pounds and 1.3% bf from my Day 1 weigh in. My question is I have felt fine during all my CrossFit workouts during the week (7 in 6 days) and was very active doing yard stuff digging lifting etc... I am 54 5' 10 179 (now lol) feel great get my sleep in, water, and 1 electrolyte drink. Robert Mentioned in one of the DSK video's to try and hit 3000-4000 Sodium, Magnesium 500, Potassium 1500-2500 and my ultima electrolyte packet is not meeting that. He mentioned Zip Fizz which I want to order but is the Sucralose in their ok ? I also am not sure if I should bump up my overall macros and redo the calculator activity level to a 1.8 and consider this Onboarding ? Sorry I know this is a lot but would like some help. Thank you in advance.

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Registered
10/09/2019 6:26 am  

@stephenchambers SO congrats on the success so far! Now, the electrolyte amount Robert gives in the program is an average that works for most. If you feel great, I see no reason to change that. As for the program I wouldn't change anything , just keep going through the process. I would do 1.8 if you are that active and use that number. If you macros are not at that number and are lower, then you need to on board to that number and then start phase 1. 

ReplyQuote
Stephen Chambers
(@stephenchambers)
Active Member Enrolled
10/09/2019 5:29 pm  

@theketoroad

Thank you Jonathan also when you lose weight do you go back to the calculator and recalculate ? I am finishing up the sample 14 day program this Sunday (with the Induction Macros based off the calculator) and then will start the DSK 90. Its been going pretty well thanks again.

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Registered
12/09/2019 10:59 am  

@stephenchambers Yes, feel free to recalculate going into doing the actual program. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register