Move onto phase 2??  

Page 3 / 3 Prev
  RSS

ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
27/11/2018 9:34 pm  

@abbyb1885

Thanks for the advice! I’ve tried to turn off all electronics about an hour before bedtime. And yes I’ve been using that time to read and meditate. It has been quite relaxing and I feel like it sets me up perfectly for bedtime. Of course it’s hard not to check my phone since it became a habit. 

Isn’t 3 litres a lot of water? I’ve read that you should drink to your thirst levels and I just don’t feel that thirsty throughout the day. But I could be wrong. 

Yes the scale isn’t moving that much but my measurements are going down. Also I’ve started working out this week so I think that will also help. It’s just hard because my mom keeps telling me to follow her diet since my weight hasn’t changed that much. And it’s hard to convince her otherwise since she thinks that I’m not seeing results like I was last time. Also I feel like I’m doing something wrong because I feel like being on dsk for 6 weeks I should have seen my weight go down at least a few pounds. 

I think last time I kept things pretty simple and maybe this time I’ve been looking for new recipes and keto foods to eat that may be having a negative affect on my body.  

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
28/11/2018 6:41 pm  

Yeah, turning off all electronics can be hard when it's a habbit. I'm guilty of it myself. Yet, I know it's better if I stop doing it before bed. 

There's lots of information out there with water. With keto we have to remember that we need more than no keto people since the carbs help keep the water in our bodies. We pee out a lot more water along with electrolytes while eating keto. Try doing the 3 Liters for a week or so and just see how you feel. 

Yay for body measurements. 🙂

Oh moms, they always mean well.

If you are following everything like you should, I would not worry about how you did the last time. Your body is different now than it was then and things may have changed that we can't even measure. Remember the measurements are going down. 🙂

Keeping things simple without harder recipes can play a role too. Sometimes it's hard to get the macros just right depending on if you do a recipe and it's for more than one portion. Are there any types of foods or recies you are trying to find, or just trying for something for something different? 

ReplyQuote
ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
29/11/2018 12:02 am  

I’m not really looking for any specific recipes. Except maybe some low carb fat bombs. Mainly I just look for recipes for like bread substitutes or for mug cakes but I think that’s what’s throwing me off on dsk. I didn’t do that my first round and I think this time I’ve been a bit lenient with what I’ve been eating and that’s why I’m not seeing the results that I want. I think I need to toughen up and be more strict with my meals and keep them simple as well. Stick to what I was eating before and I’m sure the weight will start to fall off soon enough.

Another thing I realized is that when I first started keto back in February I didn’t lose any weight for 2 months. But when I started dsk since I was already in ketosis the weight came off easier and I managed to lose about 20 lbs in 2 months. I think my body just takes a while to go into actual ketosis and maybe that’s why the weight isn’t coming off as quickly as I was hoping for this time because it’s still adapting. I don’t know it’s just a theory. 

I know she means well it’s just hard when I’m having trouble justifying why I’m doing keto and my weight hasn’t dropped since I started. 

AbbyBK liked
ReplyQuote
ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
29/11/2018 12:08 am  

Also in regards to the water consumption, I will do my best to get in 3 litres a day 😊. I will keep you posted!!

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
29/11/2018 3:28 pm  

For things to eat, @theketoroad has a great zero carb bread on his Instagram account. I also have some simple fat bomb recipes on my site. Yet, some other simple fat bombs that I've done is meltdown cacao butter with butter. Then chill it and enjoy. haha. I like adding extracts to it for added flavor or liquid monk fruit drops if needed for sweetness. I've also played around with cream cheese, butter, mascarpone, or coconut oil. 

ifzaidi liked
ReplyQuote
ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
05/12/2018 4:06 pm  

@abbyb1885 

Thank you so much for the references to your website and to @theketoroad

I just thought I would give you a quick update. So I’ve been working out the past 2 weeks and I’ve noticed that on days when I lift weights I have an easier time getting in 3 litres of water. I usually struggle with that and getting enough electrolytes on the weekends because of work since we’re not allowed our own water bottles. I feel pretty good drinking 3 litres of water and I think I’ll keep it at the level for now  

The scale still hasn’t moved that much and has been fluctuating the past few days, but the good news is that my measurements are still going down. 

The only real difficulty that I’m having is that for some reason I’m craving sweets and carbs. I’m trying hard to stay away from them but yesterday I had a cheat day. My mom made banana and walnut mini muffins and I resisted as much as I could. But then I gave in and had 2 of them, although I did smother them in butter 😜

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
05/12/2018 6:03 pm  

Thanks for the update!

I feel ya on the work and water thing. I'm in the same boat. That's great that you are able to tell that the more water has felt better for you. 🙂

Yay for measurements.

Also sad for the muffins. hehe Yay for butter smoother.  😍 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3 Prev
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register