Need Guidance  

RSS

ketowithachance
(@tamarpartamian)
New Member Enrolled
08/01/2019 3:51 pm  

Hi all, I have been going through posts all morning and wanted to ask a few questions that I couldn't find answers to. I am ending my first week in DSK, I have been following a ketogenic protocol for the last 8 years, I have been strict but never this regimented.

My macros have all been within 5g on any given day, and I have worked out every other day since starting. By the third day, I started to get the keto rash, worse than I have ever had it before (the first and so far only time before this was 2 years ago after I tried exogenous ketones for the first time. Never again.) My ketones have been between 1.5-2.2 for the last 6 days, and I dropped 4.8lbs the first 5 days, and have bumped up 1lb the last 2 days. The first 5 days i was FULL at all times, i was forcing food down after the first day (but i met my macros within 5g). The last 2 days I have been exhausted at all times, regardless of how i slept, i have been starving at all times even when i'm at 1690 cals, and overall sluggish, and of course up a pound (i know this is minuscule but combined with the exhaustion and hunger, i thought it would be worth noting). 

Has anyone had a similar experience to this? As i'm writing this i'm struggling to stay awake, and I've had two coffees today along with a cup of matcha, and im covered in KR. 

Planning on pushing through for another week and hoping my weight starts to drop again but I want to check in and see if there's anything i can do or should be doing that i am not.

My macros are: 1690 Cals, 150 Fat, 75 Protein, 10 Carbs. CW: 190
I am hoping to lose 40lbs long term, but am willing to take it day by day and see where i get until then.
Reaching 170 by May would be great. 

I am going to be patient with the process, but while I am being patient any advice or input would help and Thank you in advance!! 

ReplyQuote
ketowithachance
(@tamarpartamian)
New Member Enrolled
08/01/2019 3:59 pm  

I should add that my carb journey has been: 20g total for a 3 years, 20-30g net for 3ish years, 20g-net for 2 years, and now 10g total. So not particularly high, although I could have afforded to be a little more strict in the middle years. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
08/01/2019 6:09 pm  
Posted by: ketowithachance

Hi all, I have been going through posts all morning and wanted to ask a few questions that I couldn't find answers to. I am ending my first week in DSK, I have been following a ketogenic protocol for the last 8 years, I have been strict but never this regimented.

My macros have all been within 5g on any given day, and I have worked out every other day since starting. By the third day, I started to get the keto rash, worse than I have ever had it before (the first and so far only time before this was 2 years ago after I tried exogenous ketones for the first time. Never again.) My ketones have been between 1.5-2.2 for the last 6 days, and I dropped 4.8lbs the first 5 days, and have bumped up 1lb the last 2 days. The first 5 days i was FULL at all times, i was forcing food down after the first day (but i met my macros within 5g). The last 2 days I have been exhausted at all times, regardless of how i slept, i have been starving at all times even when i'm at 1690 cals, and overall sluggish, and of course up a pound (i know this is minuscule but combined with the exhaustion and hunger, i thought it would be worth noting). 

Has anyone had a similar experience to this? As i'm writing this i'm struggling to stay awake, and I've had two coffees today along with a cup of matcha, and im covered in KR. 

Planning on pushing through for another week and hoping my weight starts to drop again but I want to check in and see if there's anything i can do or should be doing that i am not.

My macros are: 1690 Cals, 150 Fat, 75 Protein, 10 Carbs. CW: 190
I am hoping to lose 40lbs long term, but am willing to take it day by day and see where i get until then.
Reaching 170 by May would be great. 

I am going to be patient with the process, but while I am being patient any advice or input would help and Thank you in advance!! 

I wanted to reply when I first saw this. I need to look more into the keto rash thing still. So I will get back to you on that for now.

For your macros and where you are going, are you doing onboarding or did you go to phase 1 right away?

I know it can definitely be hard to get all of your macros in at times, I've been there and my husband is currently there now. Yet, I'm super glad that you are sticking to the program and getting them in! Do you notice getting all the food in at certain times is worse than others? Also, do you do a lot of fatty drinks to help get down the fats? 

Right now I wouldn't worry about the 1 pound, as it can be an imbalance of water, electrolytes, stress, a lot of things. 

I have one main idea of being tired. How are your electrolytes? I noticed that when I jumped into this program and brought my carbs down and the fats way up, I got a slight keto flu. I needed to up my salt and other electrolytes. I say salt right away for you as that can help with not being as tired. There came a point where I really needed to track my salt intake while doing DSK. If I didn't things were not that great for me. I thought of electrolytes right away, as that always seemed to be the most popular answer when fixing this problem. 

Another tiredness thought is your water intake. Are you getting enough? Are you getting normal sleep? Are you stressed out at all? 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register