Phase 1 spreadsheet

Phase 1 spreadsheet  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
08/05/2019 12:09 pm  

My spreadsheet for phase 1 only has 9 days left. What happens if I haven’t yet found my protein threshold by then?

I was tired last week and again this week. Feeling like I needed a nap. But I haven’t had bloating or stomach issues. Could just being tired be a sign of hitting protein threshold?

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
08/05/2019 8:11 pm  

Being tired can be a sign of your protein threshold. What percent of fat are you at right now?

Also, another thing I would question is your electrolytes such as a big one would be salt for being tired.

If needed, you can add more lines to the spreadsheet. Are you used to doing this type of thing in excel at all?

ReplyQuote
soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
09/05/2019 9:12 am  
Posted by: dlajnef

My spreadsheet for phase 1 only has 9 days left. What happens if I haven’t yet found my protein threshold by then?

I was tired last week and again this week. Feeling like I needed a nap. But I haven’t had bloating or stomach issues. Could just being tired be a sign of hitting protein threshold?

Hi @dlajnef

Just to chime in my 2 cents, since this was the toughest part of the program for me so far, too (deciding when to transition to phase 2). . . but I didn't really reach my protein threshold until midway through week 6--with only 3 days left on the spreadsheet for phase 1. Sounds like you are finishing up with week 5 soon, and I would recommend the extra week if you haven't noticed bloating yet. When you reach your threshold you will definitely know it. For me, I gained 2.4 lbs during week 6 (all water) even though I was eating less calories than previous weeks. It also allows you to eat more protein during the second phase.

Anyway, I'm finishing my first week in phase 2 now (week 7 overall) and I'm at my lowest weight yet 🙂

Good luck!

John C. Herceg

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
10/05/2019 4:12 pm  

Hi Abby! Thanks for responding. I’m at 76% fat this week.  I feel confident getting on the scale each day, if you know what I mean....I’m on plan and feel a smidge lighter but I did notice a lower belly bulge. Maybe that’s bloating? I guess I think of bloating as hard, painful distended stomach. 

Im not at all familiar with Excel. I’m actually using google sheets. I should be able to get someone to help me though. 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
10/05/2019 4:16 pm  

Hi Soberketodad!

thanks for the input. Very helpful for me to hear other people’s experience. I am in week 5 and week 6 starts tomorrow. So it sounds like I should move to the new macros and see how I feel. Congratulations on your success with the program! 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
10/05/2019 4:20 pm  
Posted by: AbbyBK

Being tired can be a sign of your protein threshold. What percent of fat are you at right now?

Also, another thing I would question is your electrolytes such as a big one would be salt for being tired.

If needed, you can add more lines to the spreadsheet. Are you used to doing this type of thing in excel at all?

Oops, I forgot to say my sodium ranges from 1200-2000 mg daily. I’ll look into what’s recommended. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
10/05/2019 6:36 pm  

Hi Abby! Thanks for responding. I’m at 76% fat this week.  I feel confident getting on the scale each day, if you know what I mean....I’m on plan and feel a smidge lighter but I did notice a lower belly bulge. Maybe that’s bloating? I guess I think of bloating as hard, painful distended stomach. 

Im not at all familiar with Excel. I’m actually using google sheets. I should be able to get someone to help me though. 

Yup, that's bloat. I never really noticed what bloat was like for myself, until after DSK really. Yet, I now know not to stress over bloat when I eat a certain way at times. 

Also with finding your threshold, once you think you have it, it's a good idea to do another week of new macros in phase 1, just to make sure and double check as well. 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
11/05/2019 8:18 am  

Yup, that's bloat. I never really noticed what bloat was like for myself, until after DSK really. Yet, I now know not to stress over bloat when I eat a certain way at times. 

Also with finding your threshold, once you think you have it, it's a good idea to do another week of new macros in phase 1, just to make sure and double check as well. 

Last week I was feeling less energetic and I moved into this weeks macros to see how I felt. Now I have the bloat and I could barely get through my workouts this week even with lighter weights! My heart rate was really high and I just felt weak, not to mention sweating like whoa! Today is the day I’m supposed to switch macros, so should I just stay here even tho I think last week may have been my threshold? Meaning, as you said above, I did move on and I feel lousy. I hope this makes sense....the start of my week is Saturday. THANKS!

ReplyQuote
soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
11/05/2019 8:24 am  

Hi Soberketodad!

thanks for the input. Very helpful for me to hear other people’s experience. I am in week 5 and week 6 starts tomorrow. So it sounds like I should move to the new macros and see how I feel. Congratulations on your success with the program! 

Hi @dlajnef !

So did you decide to do week 6 in phase 1? Just curious. I was so eager the first few weeks to begin the second phase, but by the time week 6 ended, my mindset had shifted nicely to a more patient and long-term pattern--realizing that DSK isn't really a 90 day program but reflects instead what type of changes we want for our body. So now I'm focused on achieving my ultimate weight goal (by whatever day that takes) rather than feeling pressure from an approaching 90-day deadline. Not keeping an end-date in mind makes any fluctuation in the scale readings easier to mentally handle 🙂 Just one day at a time, one macro adjustment at a time.

Thanks!  

John C. Herceg

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
11/05/2019 4:04 pm  

I would move on to the next phase yes. 🙂 

Also, you can pick your fat percent that you want. Do you remember when you felt your best with the percent? Or you can also set the cell in the sheet to zero. This will tell the spreadsheet to continuously increase your fat percent each week. I actually went this rout. 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
12/05/2019 10:35 am  

Also, you can pick your fat percent that you want. Do you remember when you felt your best with the percent? Or you can also set the cell in the sheet to zero. This will tell the spreadsheet to continuously increase your fat percent each week. I actually went this rout. 

I still have one more question. I feel terrible at 82 G protein , and slightly less  awful at 80 g, so is 80 g my threshold? And is that where my protein stays in phase 2? 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
12/05/2019 10:42 am  
Posted by: soberketodad

Hi Soberketodad!

Hi @dlajnef !

So did you decide to do week 6 in phase 1? Just curious. I was so eager the first few weeks to begin the second phase, but by the time week 6 ended, my mindset had shifted nicely to a more patient and long-term pattern--realizing that DSK isn't really a 90 day program but reflects instead what type of changes we want for our body. So now I'm focused on achieving my ultimate weight goal (by whatever day that takes) rather than feeling pressure from an approaching 90-day deadline. Not keeping an end-date in mind makes any fluctuation in the scale readings easier to mentally handle 🙂 Just one day at a time, one macro adjustment at a time.

Thanks!  

Hi! I’m not going to go to my week 6 macros but I stayed at my week 5 ones a couple extra days. I had one workout where I felt weak and almost couldn’t finish. Thought it was a fluke bc I usually work out in the morning and this one was in the evening. But when I felt the same at my next morning workout, I knew something was up. So I’ll move to phase 2 tomorrow. I’ve settled into a similar mindset...one day at a time. Thanks for your help. 

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
12/05/2019 12:06 pm  

@dlajnef Not the gram per say but the ratio of protein to fat. So on your spreadsheet, if you scroll over the pie chart it will give you a fat percentage. that is your protein threshold ( meaning your body likes have that ratio of fat to protein in your diet) 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
12/05/2019 5:24 pm  

Ok that makes sense. Thanks, Jonathan.

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
12/05/2019 5:50 pm  

Hmm, the spreadsheet wouldn’t repopulate when I put in a preferred % so I just went with zero. This gives me 6 weeks in Phase 2 and then I have to onboard again. Starting Phase 2 tomorrow!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register