Phase 1 spreadsheet

Phase 1 spreadsheet  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
12/05/2019 7:05 pm  

@dlajnef , with you saying that I'm curious how much weight are you looking to lose and what are your current calories?

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
13/05/2019 4:30 am  
Posted by: AbbyBK

@dlajnef , with you saying that I'm curious how much weight are you looking to lose and what are your current calories?

I have probably 30-40 pounds to lose. My phase 2 macros starting today are 1453/122 fat/ 79 protein. Now I’m curious what made you ask! 😀 ( My phase 1 macros week 5 were 1532/129/82)

ReplyQuote
soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
13/05/2019 6:12 am  
Posted by: dlajnef
Posted by: soberketodad
Posted by: dlajnef

Hi Soberketodad!

thanks for the input. Very helpful for me to hear other people’s experience. I am in week 5 and week 6 starts tomorrow. So it sounds like I should move to the new macros and see how I feel. Congratulations on your success with the program! 

Hi @dlajnef !

So did you decide to do week 6 in phase 1? Just curious. I was so eager the first few weeks to begin the second phase, but by the time week 6 ended, my mindset had shifted nicely to a more patient and long-term pattern--realizing that DSK isn't really a 90 day program but reflects instead what type of changes we want for our body. So now I'm focused on achieving my ultimate weight goal (by whatever day that takes) rather than feeling pressure from an approaching 90-day deadline. Not keeping an end-date in mind makes any fluctuation in the scale readings easier to mentally handle 🙂 Just one day at a time, one macro adjustment at a time.

Thanks!  

Hi! I’m not going to go to my week 6 macros but I stayed at my week 5 ones a couple extra days. I had one workout where I felt weak and almost couldn’t finish. Thought it was a fluke bc I usually work out in the morning and this one was in the evening. But when I felt the same at my next morning workout, I knew something was up. So I’ll move to phase 2 tomorrow. I’ve settled into a similar mindset...one day at a time. Thanks for your help. 

I think one of the best benefits of this program, and the ketogenic diet in general, is the awareness of our body's needs that is restored. I had become deaf to my body's signals for hunger, rest, and nutrition but now I can hear much more subtle suggestions. Knowing how your body typically responds to workouts and seeing a difference and being able to make a decision based on that information is a valuable tool that I wouldn't have been capable of accessing while eating a Standard American Diet. 

Wish you the best of luck for your phase 2 journey!

John C. Herceg

(@abbyb1885)
13/05/2019 2:59 pm  

You sound like me now. I'm always curious as to how people think and how things work. lol

I was curious because if you had a decent amount of weight, I would have you go to onboarding now and not start phase 2. Since you know your protein threshold currently, you would use that fat percent as you go through on boarding. 

However, there is another train of thought you have to think about. How long do you want to stay tracking like this? I only ask because when I was in this program, I was really wanting to not track near the end and while I was off boarding. 

I just wouldn't suggest going into phase 2 while thinking that you will need to do onboarding when your calories get to low. I would go to onboarding now if that was the case. 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
13/05/2019 3:12 pm  

I guess I always take this one phase at a time bc there’s so much to take in, so I don’t even know what offboarding is at this point! I assumed tracking was going to be a part of my life forever, and it really doesn’t bother me at this point.

So, how do I go to onboarding? I did it before starting phase 1 to build up my calories, so same thing I’m guessing. And how long would I stay there ? Or would the spreadsheet calculate all that for me? So glad I asked. 

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
14/05/2019 10:16 am  

You are correct, it would be the same thing for onboarding. I would stay there until you start gaining consistent weight or you feel like you are struggling to get in all the foods. 

I would start with the macros you have now with the fat percent you like best. 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
03/06/2019 10:29 am  

Hello! I have done onboarding for 3 weeks after phase 1 ( building up calories before phase 2). It’s getting hard to eat all the food, and sometimes I just can’t, and sometimes I feel disgusting when I do. Other days, it works out ok and it doesn’t seem like gluttony. My macros for this week are 1832 calories/158 fat/ 93 protein. Today is the last day for that. Next week ( beginning tomorrow) would be 1954/168 fat/ 101 protein. My weight is up a couple pounds since onboarding. Does it sound like I’m ready for phase 2 or should I tough it out one more week? I have 30-40 pounds to lose and excited to finally get into the weight loss phase! Thanks 

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
03/06/2019 4:48 pm  

It sounds like you are ready to taper down your calories. 🙂 

Are you at a consistent gain in weight and not just a daily fluctuation too? Also, on days when you do not feel like there is just so much food, are you more active or maybe you got less sleep?

I bring up the sleep only because when you get less than you need, your body tends to want more food.

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
03/06/2019 8:05 pm  

Thanks, Abby. My sleep is pretty consistent so I wouldn’t guess that’s a factor. I think I feel like the food is too much if I eat something like turkey or chicken and I have to add extra fats and protein in addition to full meals. I usually add it as a snack and end up having to force myself to eat it or just can’t do it period. Also the weight gain has been slowly up, maybe a day or two with a loss of less than 1/2 pound, but steadily upward.

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
03/06/2019 8:29 pm  
Posted by: AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )

It sounds like you are ready to taper down your calories. 🙂 

Are you at a consistent gain in weight and not just a daily fluctuation too? Also, on days when you do not feel like there is just so much food, are you more active or maybe you got less sleep?

I bring up the sleep only because when you get less than you need, your body tends to want more food.

I put in the date, a weight and preferred fat % but my phase 2 spreadsheet won’t populate. Because I was coming from onboarding and not directly from phase 1, could that be the problem? It seems like it should repopulate based on today’s numbers. I’m not good with Excel so any help is appreciated!!!!!

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
03/06/2019 8:48 pm  

Update from above : I put in 0% fat and it repopulated but took me from 1834 calories down to 1488 starting phase 2 tomorrow. That doesn’t seem gradual to me like Robert indicates in the videos. Or does that sound ok? I had to manually put in macros from today as they didn’t show up. Hope I’m making sense.

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
04/06/2019 7:51 pm  

Yeah, that is weird. I had to remind myself, but you already filled in the spreadsheet for phase 1, didn't you? If so, I would suggest to download/save another copy of the sheet and start a fresh one with starting phase 2 now. Fill everything in and do one day in phase 1 (so cells populate) and then go to phase 2.

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/06/2019 5:36 am  

Ok, so do you mean to fill in everything on the title page in a new sheet?  I’m not sure what you mean by one day in phase 1. So that would mean doing the ma do calculation over again? I don’t see how my onboarding is going to factor in. 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
05/06/2019 8:20 am  

Hi Abby,

Never mind above comment. I tried a bunch of different ways and finally it worked! Now phase 2 is slowly tapering and I have 11 or 12 weeks before I need to onboard again, and I think I’ll have my weight off by then. Oh my gosh, thank you so much for helping me whenever I’ve needed it. I don’t usually get too worked up, but technology and DSK seem to be my triggers! So I appreciate you!  Dana 

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
05/06/2019 4:16 pm  

I'm happy you got it to work. I enjoy helping others in my free time. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register