Restarting for the last time  

RSS

ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
08/10/2018 3:06 pm  

Hello everyone!!

so I’ve been MIA for the past few months. I first started keto back in March and then started DSK for a few weeks during its initial launch in May. Since June I haven’t been able to get back into it and I tried a few times to start again but was never able to (mainly just excuses like family events and work and school and stuff like that). But this time I’m back and staying on it for good. I’m starting with phase 1 at 2000 cals, 180 fats, 85 protein and 10 carbs. Unfortunately due to my hiatus I gained back all the weight I initially lost and then some. But I missed how I felt on keto and want to get back on not just for the weight loss but also the added benefits such as increased focus, no inflammation, increased energy and so on. I will do my best to post here and keep you updated and also to hold myself accountable. Wish me luck!!!!

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
08/10/2018 3:12 pm  
Posted by: ifzaidi

Hello everyone!!

so I’ve been MIA for the past few months. I first started keto back in March and then started DSK for a few weeks during its initial launch in May. Since June I haven’t been able to get back into it and I tried a few times to start again but was never able to (mainly just excuses like family events and work and school and stuff like that). But this time I’m back and staying on it for good. I’m starting with phase 1 at 2000 cals, 180 fats, 85 protein and 10 carbs. Unfortunately due to my hiatus I gained back all the weight I initially lost and then some. But I missed how I felt on keto and want to get back on not just for the weight loss but also the added benefits such as increased focus, no inflammation, increased energy and so on. I will do my best to post here and keep you updated and also to hold myself accountable. Wish me luck!!!!

Welcome Back! Life happens. We have all been there, today is a new day. I am glad you at least notice the difference between being on Keto and not being on Keto. That is very important to keep you trying hard to stay with it long-term.  The weight gained back is probably a lot of water weight so that will go down as your get the sugar out of your system and the water subsides. Keep us posted we are here for you. You got this 🙂 

Christos

ifzaidi liked
ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
08/10/2018 3:12 pm  

Hello everyone!!

Welcome Back! Life happens. We have all been there, today is a new day. I am glad you at least notice the difference between being on Keto and not being on Keto. That is very important to keep you trying hard to stay with it long-term.  The weight gained back is probably a lot of water weight so that will go down as your get the sugar out of your system and the water subsides. Keep us posted we are here for you. You got this 🙂 

Christos

ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
08/10/2018 3:44 pm  

Thank you @christosfl81!! I appreciate the support. I feel like I let not only myself down, but you and Max as well because you guys commented on every single one of my posts and were following my journey. But this time I'm determined to never quit no matter what happens. 

I just had a question about electrolytes. Is there a way to get in the required amount of electrolytes without having to buy a whole bunch of supplements. I can't really afford it because I'm a university student. Also, I live in Canada so buying them online seems pretty expensive as well. Thanks!!!!

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
27/10/2018 11:48 am  

Thank you @christosfl81!! I appreciate the support. I feel like I let not only myself down, but you and Max as well because you guys commented on every single one of my posts and were following my journey. But this time I'm determined to never quit no matter what happens. 

I just had a question about electrolytes. Is there a way to get in the required amount of electrolytes without having to buy a whole bunch of supplements. I can't really afford it because I'm a university student. Also, I live in Canada so buying them online seems pretty expensive as well. Thanks!!!!

After responding to your last post I thought I would catch up on the last posts you had on here so I could remember more of your journey. I then saw this post and we totally missed this question.

Some meats with more potassium and magnesium are shellfish, beef, and pork. For sodium that can be easy with salts and broths. 

Potassium in beef and pork and magnesium in shellfish and mackerel

Source ( https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/finfish-and-shellfish-products/4172/2) for Crustaceans, shrimp, mixed species, raw

100grams gives you 37 mg of magnesium and 185 mg of potassium. 20.3 g of protein 1.7 fat and 0.9 carbs

Mollusks, clam, mixed species, raw: 227 grams (w liquid and clams). 20.4 mg of magnesium, 713 mg potassium, 2.2 g fat 5.8g carbs, 29 protein 

75/15 Ground beef (100 grams raw): 15 mg magnesium, 244 potassium, 15.8 g protein, 25 grams fat. If 85/15 ground beef. 18mg potassium with 295 mg potassium. 

100 grams raw Bacon ( https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/2208/2): 12 mg magnesium, 208 mg potassium.

Ground raw pork 113 grams: ( https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/pork-products/2280/2). 21.5 mg magnesium with 324 mg of potassium. 19.1 g protein and 23.9 g fat

Even though these numbers seem low as they are in mg and not grams, one thing to remember is their bioavailability to your body. The ability for your body to absorb and use them, to put simply. Nutrition uptake is better as well.

I know that fish may not always be low cost and that may vary depending on where you live. I live in Wisconsin. I find that if I find them frozen the cost could be lower. 

I hope this helps you out.

ifzaidi liked
ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
27/10/2018 5:23 pm  

I also forgot about nu salt or lite salt that you can get at the grocery store for potassium. It will be by the salt, as people use this as a salt sub. 

ifzaidi liked
ReplyQuote
ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
27/10/2018 5:45 pm  

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!

AbbyBK liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register