Start with Onboardi...

Start with Onboarding or Phase 1?  

RSS

Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
28/06/2019 8:45 pm  

With the macrocalculator, the induction macros put me at 1440 calories. I've been eating low carb for a while and have been eating above 1500 daily so that would mean I should start Phase 1. But on the Phase 1 spreadsheet the notes column is red and saying I need to onboard since the calories calculated are below 1500. What should I be doing? The spreadsheet is confusing me, just trying to make sure I start properly.

CW 147, 32% BF, fairly sedentary

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
02/07/2019 5:57 pm  

So the I would start at the maintenance phase.  My numbers put you at starting at 1946 calories, 162g fat, 138g protein and 110g total carbs

ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
05/07/2019 1:27 pm  

Thanks Jonathan, why do you say I should start at maintenance? 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
06/07/2019 8:02 pm  

@dlo-does-keto I chatted to Jonathan about this and it sounds like that you would do the onboarding phase to at least the maintenance calories that the macro calculator gives you.  

So, go ahead and use the 1500 calories or so as your starting point in the onboarding phase of the spreadsheet. 

Does this make sense?

ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
08/07/2019 12:55 pm  

Thanks Abby. Just so I understand, that's so I have more of a runway to cut from later and don't cut too low right?

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
08/07/2019 6:19 pm  

You got it! You may also even lose some weight as you slowly go  up in calories. 

Diana Lo liked
ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
12/07/2019 1:46 pm  

Is there a meal plan spreadsheet similar to the one that was provided for the free 14 day plan? Would be great to have meal planning guidance!

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
13/07/2019 10:59 am  
Posted by: Diana Lo

Is there a meal plan spreadsheet similar to the one that was provided for the free 14 day plan? Would be great to have meal planning guidance!

There is not sadly. When I did this program, I stuck to easy to track foods (with little to no carbs) and planned out my protein then added the fats in if needed. I did, however, create some meal plans on my site that you could do while doing this program. Of course, you may have to change the macros of your day/week. 

This link is for all the meal plans I have on my site: https://www.ketokeuhnnutrition.com/keto-recipes/category/keto-meal-plans/

With meals and recipes, I'm curious, do you have any input on what kinds of things would be helpful? I'm just brainstorming over here. 

This post was modified 3 days ago by AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register