Start with Onboardi...

Start with Onboarding or Phase 1?  

RSS

Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
28/06/2019 8:45 pm  

With the macrocalculator, the induction macros put me at 1440 calories. I've been eating low carb for a while and have been eating above 1500 daily so that would mean I should start Phase 1. But on the Phase 1 spreadsheet the notes column is red and saying I need to onboard since the calories calculated are below 1500. What should I be doing? The spreadsheet is confusing me, just trying to make sure I start properly.

CW 147, 32% BF, fairly sedentary

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
02/07/2019 5:57 pm  

So the I would start at the maintenance phase.  My numbers put you at starting at 1946 calories, 162g fat, 138g protein and 110g total carbs

ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
05/07/2019 1:27 pm  

Thanks Jonathan, why do you say I should start at maintenance? 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
06/07/2019 8:02 pm  

@dlo-does-keto I chatted to Jonathan about this and it sounds like that you would do the onboarding phase to at least the maintenance calories that the macro calculator gives you.  

So, go ahead and use the 1500 calories or so as your starting point in the onboarding phase of the spreadsheet. 

Does this make sense?

ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
08/07/2019 12:55 pm  

Thanks Abby. Just so I understand, that's so I have more of a runway to cut from later and don't cut too low right?

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
08/07/2019 6:19 pm  

You got it! You may also even lose some weight as you slowly go  up in calories. 

Diana Lo liked
ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
12/07/2019 1:46 pm  

Is there a meal plan spreadsheet similar to the one that was provided for the free 14 day plan? Would be great to have meal planning guidance!

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
13/07/2019 10:59 am  
Posted by: Diana Lo

Is there a meal plan spreadsheet similar to the one that was provided for the free 14 day plan? Would be great to have meal planning guidance!

There is not sadly. When I did this program, I stuck to easy to track foods (with little to no carbs) and planned out my protein then added the fats in if needed. I did, however, create some meal plans on my site that you could do while doing this program. Of course, you may have to change the macros of your day/week. 

This link is for all the meal plans I have on my site: https://www.ketokeuhnnutrition.com/keto-recipes/category/keto-meal-plans/

With meals and recipes, I'm curious, do you have any input on what kinds of things would be helpful? I'm just brainstorming over here. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )

ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
19/07/2019 8:03 pm  

@abbyb1885

Oh that's your site! I was reading about your journey and it inspired me to purchase 🙂 

To me, it's fairly easy to eat low carb, but to hit set macros/reach keto is harder. I know it's a lot of hand holding, but it would be helpful to have a food plan outlined, similar to the 14 day plan. I like having something to follow to keep me on track. Sometimes I get too busy to meal plan and fats can be hard to get in, so I'm left with not hitting my macros. Commuting and work take a lot of time out of the day. If only we could have the luxury of working from home.

I'm also on the go/at events a lot for work, so it would nice to have affordable, portable snack ideas that are also high in fat - things that hold well in warmer weather. Jerky is an easy snack but it doesn't have great keto ratios.

The daily meal logs you have on your site are helpful. I'm trying to build a spreadsheet that has formulas to auto adjust as my macros adjust. Maybe I'm just trying to make it too complicated ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Any input is appreciated!

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
20/07/2019 3:26 pm  

😊 You just made my evening. I'm happy that I was able to help inspire you.

I can definitely relate to a busy work life. I recently just added more work for myself after my day job. I must be crazy or something. 😉 lol

Some days if not most, you just don't want to worry about what you will eat next.  A lot of the time I would fill my fat macros by just eating butter. Yeah, I'm a weirdo. lol I know that there is a thread on here about easy travel foods for some ideas too.

For higher fat items that are portable in warmer weather, I hear there is this keto brick that would work great. LOL Yet, you just gave me some recipe ideas on this. Maybe instead of nut butters, make your own fat packets. Maybe combine butter, MCT oil, or any other fats together, maybe add some sweetener or extracts and put it in a zip lock and you can suck (HAHA) it down like a nut butter packet. Crazy? Yes. Yet, it could work. 

I'm confused as to what you are trying to do with a spreadsheet. 

This post was modified 2 months ago by AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )

ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
Active Member Enrolled
25/07/2019 2:21 pm  

@abbyb1885

Butter is so good! My boyfriend thinks I'm destroying my body with adding butter/fat to everything, so that makes this a little harder.

Haha those nut butter packets are basically what the pili packets are! so delish, wish they weren't so expensive 🙁

I was thinking it would be like those baking recipes online where you can adjust how many servings you want and the ingredient amounts change to reflect that. So it would be like the same foods each week, but the amounts/grams would adjust based on that weeks macros. I'm probably just overcomplicating it :/ I just love spreadsheets and excel functions ':D

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
25/07/2019 4:42 pm  

I'm sorry that your boyfriend doesn't understand yet. Maybe in time he will. Sometimes, you just have to show by doing it yourself. It sucks but it will make you stronger. 🙂

Yes! I love pili nuts and it's butter. I ended up getting a bunch at keto con as the owner was doing a great deal at the time.

That does like a cool thing to get on excel. Yet, seems pretty hard if you are always changing the type of food and such.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register