Started out with in...

Started out with incorrect body fat %  

RSS

Kristy
(@kristydoesketo)
New Member Enrolled
30/03/2019 9:39 am  

Hi - 

I started phase 1 on 03/25/19. I guesstimated my body fat percentage to be 37% but was pretty off. Yesterday I had an Inbody performed and according to that scan my BF is actually 26.3%...which is freakin awesome! However, with the incorrect %, my calorie intake has increased by almost 300/day and with the increase, so has my fat and protein (obviously). 🙂

Should I continue out this week with the current macros and then adjust them in week 2 with the correct calculations or should I start completely over? I really don't want to start over as I lave lost 6 lbs so far but I do want the best results possible.

Thoughts?

This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Kristy

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
30/03/2019 12:11 pm  

Yay for less body fat than you thought. 🙂

I do have a couple of questions first though. Did you start with on boarding or phase 1? Also how many calories are you at now?

ReplyQuote
Kristy
(@kristydoesketo)
New Member Enrolled
30/03/2019 1:21 pm  

Hi AbbyBK and thanks for responding! I didn't do onboarding because I didn't feel like I was eating at an extreme deficit before beginning the program so I went straight into phase 1. My starting calories is at 1983/day. I am supposed to begin week 2 on Monday 04/01/19. When I apply the calculations according to Inbody, week 2 calories will rise from 1936 to 2200.

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
02/04/2019 8:10 pm  

Sorry for the late response, I thought I had subscribed to this thread but I got no email. 

With your starting calories being good, I would say not to worry about changing things now. Just keep on keeping on, even though you guessed wrong at the fat percentage. Heck, I may have been off when I went through this the first time. It's not a very critical thing to worry about. 🙂

Kristy liked
ReplyQuote
soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
03/04/2019 2:12 pm  

Hi Kristy,

I started phase 1 on 3/23/19 and I overestimated my body fat percentage too, haha. It's a tough thing to guess and I think a lot of people would get it wrong. I got my InBody measurements on day one though so I was able to adjust right away, but I was guessing 25% and it was actually closer to 20%.

Anyway, just wanted to reach out as a fellow newbie in the program 🙂 Good luck!

Best,

John

John C. Herceg

Kristy liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register