Weight fluctuations in Phase 1  

RSS

Hailey
 Hailey
(@Hailey)
03/02/2019 3:43 pm  

Hi everyone,

I've been doing Phase 1 since the first of January. My weight is fluctuating up and down between the same 3 pounds for the last 3 weeks. I'll get down to the same lowest number (which is about 7 pounds down from starting) but I can't seem to break through it. I workout 5-6 days a week and I do expect to weigh in a little heavier when I wake up with a lot of muscle soreness from workouts. I have not been incorporating cardio but I plan to start that this week. My question is, with the fluctuating weight for the last 2 weeks, I'm not sure how I know when I've met my protein threshold. I'll adjust my macros for this week and see how things go. I haven't been experiencing any bloating or fatigue. Is it safe to assume I have not yet reached my threshold? 

Thanks for your input!

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
03/02/2019 5:27 pm  

Hey @Hailey ! So two things. 

1. Your correct, your protein threshold is correlated with fatigue and bloat, not weight loss.  I would assume you have not hit it yet.

2. Applying constant pressure via caloric deficit is like going through a layer of doors with resistance.  The more calories you take away, the more force you come with at the door. The next door has more resistance then the prior.  MY POINT- Some weight plateaus can take longer to break. I think adding in some cardio is a good idea! Just stay consistent and you will see it move 🙂 I hope that helps! 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
03/02/2019 6:54 pm  

You definitely could be close to your protein threshold. What fat percent are you at now? 

Other things to think about would be daily stress, salt intake, water intake, and sleep quality and quantity. 🙂

ReplyQuote
haileyhebl
(@haileyhebl)
New Member Enrolled
05/02/2019 5:33 pm  

I'm at 75% fat right now. I continually get down to the same low point and bounce back up. What would constitute a plateau? Hitting the same weight and not moving either way? 

haileyhebl
(@haileyhebl)
New Member Enrolled
05/02/2019 5:34 pm  

The excel spreadsheet only takes me through this last week for Phase 1. Do I continue to try to find my protein threshold after this week? At this point, I feel like this phase could continue on for weeks more and I would really like to move on to phase 2. Thanks for the advice! 

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
07/02/2019 4:11 pm  

@haileyhebl hey! Sorry i to so long to respond to this! If you are still stalled I would for sure assume your protein threshold is 76% fat.

Go ahead and move on to phase 2 next week with  the 76% fat percentage 🙂 I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register