When will this hear...

When will this heartburn end?!!!  

RSS

lunar_47
(@lunar_47)
New Member Enrolled
04/02/2019 9:05 pm  

So I am one week into dsk and two weeks eating keto. I have never normally had acid reflux or heartburn but now I have it every day. It happens usually on an empty stomach, so like in the early morning and evening before I eat dinner. I don't really want to take an antacid because they have carbs and I heard that taking things like that or pepcid are not that great for normal stomach acid production and digestion.

Any insight or help?

Topic Tags
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
05/02/2019 8:17 am  

Hey @lunar_47 ! So I honestly do not experience any heartburn/acid reflux. However , I did some digging and found a great resource I think will give you some great insight and tips to help.  Let me know if it helps. 🙂  https://aussieketoqueen.com/heartburn-keto-diet-causes-tips/

lunar_47 liked
ReplyQuote
lunar_47
(@lunar_47)
New Member Enrolled
05/02/2019 4:46 pm  

Thanks for the info. It may be dairy or all the seltzer I drink. Also I think I just need to let my body adjust.

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
05/02/2019 11:17 pm  

I used to get heartburn before keto and I still can at times now.

Before keto, I noticed that I would get it when I didn't eat for a while, which sounds similar to what you described. If I remember right, if I drank something it would help, or I would try to just eat every X hours. Eating helped keep the acid down, away from my throat. Yet, with keto, you may just not be hungry, over time. Do you find that the heartburn goes away after you eat or drink something?

I now get heartburn if I eat a heavy protein meal with little fat. I did that to myself when I started DSK last year, as I didn't plan the first few days of food. I also get really bad heartburn with those ICE flavored water drinks. Now, if I get heartburn, I drink some heavy whipping cream. haha Yet, I just suffered through it if I had no macros left on DSK. 🙁 

In my nutrition education schooling, we were taught that people would get heartburn from eating too much fat. I never noticed this correlation with myself before or during keto. (I'm coming up on 2 years of keto)

lunar_47 liked
ReplyQuote
lunar_47
(@lunar_47)
New Member Enrolled
07/02/2019 1:34 pm  

Yeah, eating and drink help. Maybe my body is adapting because the last 2 days I've had no heartburn. 

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
07/02/2019 4:02 pm  

YAY for adapting more. 🙂 Let's see what happens going forward. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register