grid weight vs actu...

grid weight vs actual weight  

RSS

MARSHA FIELDS
(@marshafields)
Eminent Member Enrolled
20/08/2019 8:10 am  

i've posted before about a steady weight gain since starting phase 2.  i pray i've come to a stop in that department and start dropping again or for the least stay at the current weight.  only time will tell, but was curious about something.  

My actual weight is exactly 10 pounds (up) difference from what the actual phase 2 grid is showing I should be at.  does this mean anything, other than i'm not a program goal?  

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Registered
20/08/2019 8:19 pm  

@marshafields so is the scale your only form of measuring progress or do you measure and or take progress pics?

Also, the weight on the graph is a general guide line from your starting weight until your goal weight. No ones weight loss is that smooth 🙂

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
21/08/2019 11:04 am  

@marshafields I hate to do this, but I gotta bring up that IG post you did last week. You said that you had lost a total of 15 inches with 2 in the belly button area and 2 in the butt area. Those are great results so far! 

We need to try and get rid of the idea that weight is an end all be all measurement. It's only a tool of measurement. Typically we want the weight on the scale to be lower because that classic can mean that our bodies are smaller, but that's not always the case. Just like someone's BMI number is a piece of crap to see if they are healthy or not.

I know it's hard, I still have times I struggle with the number on the scale but then that moment passes and I know it's just a number and there are soo many things that factor into it. 

You were probably busy when you saw the message on IG, but I'll ask again on here. 🙂 Why are you concerned about the weight on the scale when you see other positive progress? 

ReplyQuote
MARSHA FIELDS
(@marshafields)
Eminent Member Enrolled
22/08/2019 8:49 am  

@abbyb1885

my concern is a very basic one.  at my lowest weight i was 120# and this was after losing 100#.  i have had 3 children since then and between each child i gained 100+ pounds.  i started low carb dieting 7 1/2 years ago when i was at my heaviest at 280#.  i lost 130# and actually stabilized at 140-150 pounds with keto.  other than growing older, no medical conditions, no hormonal issues i've gained almost 75#.  the past 3 years i have stuggled to lose weight while on keto and could not.  this last year i managed to lose 20#, it was very difficult.  I stumbled upon DSK and initially lost 8# withing the first 2 weeks of phase 1.  Long story longer.  lol  i know where my body feels right at 150# and that is what i'm striving for simply put.  i will add that when i lost the original 130# i was lifting weights and running.  unfortunately, due to a back injury my lifting has ceased.  I try to jog at least 3 x's a week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

i was taken back by the total of 15 inches lost one month into DSK.  This alone was the reason I continued with the program.  i intend to do another round or two until i achieve, very close, to my ideal original goal, if possible.  or if i can significantly decrease my body fat, as it appears i'm doing.  let's see what happens.

tracking isn't an issue for me.  i've been doing it for years.  my family hates it though.  it literally drives them crazy.    

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
22/08/2019 9:34 am  

I can understand where you are coming from with the weight thing here and more clearly now with what you mentioned.

I'm glad to hear though that you are sticking around with DSK. In time the scale will catch up. Yet, still, always remember it's how you feel and how things are fitting that should be the true end goal. 

One crazy thing that happened to me while doing this program: I really wanted to fit into these pants that I had my freshmen year of college (2004), I was around 123 pounds I think then or less. Once I was in phase 3 with DSK, for giggles I thought I would try them on. The crazy thing was that the pants were too big! I had missed my chance to wear them. 🙁 To note, my lowest weight on DSK was I think 123. Same weight, same pants, but the pants didn't fit, they would fall off me. The only major life-changing body change I've had was removing a 7-pound cyst from my ovary (in 2017), no kids. 

That's funny with your family and tracking. But it's also awesome that you are able to do it and stick to it for so long. Also, that's great that you at least doing something for working out, you are a step ahead of me for that.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register