Having trouble figu...

Having trouble figuring things out  

RSS

Irja Zaidi
 Irja Zaidi
(@Irja Zaidi)
16/12/2018 4:34 pm  

So I’ve been on phase 2 for 5 weeks, I’ll be starting my 6th week tomorrow. The past few days I’ve struggled with hunger and with cravings. Unfortunately I had a cheat day on Friday and again on Saturday. I think I’ve been craving carbs because it’s final exam season and so I’ve been super stressed lately. My weight has gone up 3-4 lbs but I’m sure that’s just water retention from the increase in carbs.

However, I’ve been quite discouraged for a while since my weight has stayed pretty much the same since I started dsk. My measurements have been going down but last time I did dsk I lost the weight quite easily. I’ve been feeling really tired and sluggish the past week and I haven’t been getting much sleep either (i know part of this is because of final exams and staying up late to study). I remember feeling so good on keto the first time but ever since I’ve started up again in October it hasn’t been the same. 

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
17/12/2018 8:19 am  

You are correct that the gain in weight is most likely due to the carbs and also the stress.

I'd rather take measurements over the scale any day. Think of the scale as your BMI, it tells you data, that's it. It doesn't tell you how your body looks at all or how healthy you are. As I read further I see low sleep is in there. Sleep plays a huge role in your weight too. I would "drop" weight on my work days off because I got to sleep in and got better sleep for the day.

I'm curious as to what your current macros are. One thing to also remember is that as your calories do get lower you may be more tired and electrolytes and water play an even important role then. Water being more so. I learned this first hand.

Another factor is that maybe, only maybe that your body wanted more time between you doing DSK again. HOWEVER, you are still losing inches. Inches my girl. 🙂 

When is school done for you this semester? I ask this because I know this part is playing a big role in everything. 

ReplyQuote
ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
21/12/2018 1:04 pm  

I had a feeling and unfortunately I’ve had some trouble staying on dsk or even keto this week. It’s just been super stressful because of finals, and I haven’t had the energy or desire to make myself any food separate from what my family eats. 

I know that I’m dropping inches but it’s just a bit disheartening when the scale doesn’t move. And I know I shouldn’t be focusing on that so much but it’s just hard sinc rim still floating around my starting weight, and last time I dropped 20 lbs in a month and a half. 

My macros this week were supposed to be 138 fat, 65 protein and 10 carbs. They change again on Monday but I’m thinking of redoing this week since I wasn't keto. 

I’ll increase my water intake and my electrolytes and see if that helps.

My last exam was on the 20th so my stress levels should be ok for the next 2 weeks. The winter semester starts on Jan 9th. 

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
22/12/2018 6:58 pm  

Hey @idzaidi first, I want to say that I’ve been watching and I love how involved you are in the forums and don’t quit. You reach out and get help. That can’t be beat. That being said, YOU ARE DOING AMAZING. College and finals and stress and you have a couple bad days? That’s not reason to beat yourself up.

I know the scale can be frustrating but at the end of the day it shows us one thing. A number, it’s doesnt weigh how we’re feeling , or how lose our clothes are getting so remember that:)

I would not recommend ‘redoing’ your week. That is a bad mindset and a very bad habit of getting into . Just keep following the process & control what you can. Which is the next step in front of you:)

let me know if you have any questions. I know Abby has been a huge help for you but if you need extra reinforcement or encouragement on top of all the wonderful things she says. Please don’t hesitate to tag me in a post 🙂

ReplyQuote
ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
12/01/2019 2:17 pm  

Hi @theketoroad. Sorry for the super super late reply. I appreciate the support. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get back on keto since December. I am getting back into it on Monday but I’m afraid that I might have to restart from the beginning as I really don’t want to, but it’s been about a month since I was on keto.

I think the hardest thing for me is all the family dinners, birthdays and the fact that rice and bread is a staple in my house and it’s hard to get away from. As I’m writing this I feel like it’s just one excuse after another. And I want to stop that. I want to stop making excuses why I can’t do keto or why I’m struggling to do keto and just get it done and make this a lifestyle change. 

I’m pretty sure I know what I did wrong this last time around, I need to be strict keto. I don’t think my body responds well to artificial sweeteners and that’s probably why the weight wasn’t coming off is because I was retaining water. So this time I will be strict keto and will push myself to stick with it. I’ve been yo-yo dieting for a long time and it’s time that I stop and stick with what I know works for me. 

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
12/01/2019 5:22 pm  

@ifzaidi

The holidays can be hard. I let myself slip during 2017 and it wasn't really cool. With everything that you have going on and with school starting back up, I do like the idea of you just getting back to eating keto again. It sounds like you know what will work for you. I think taking a step away from DSK for a bit, could be a good thing for you. Just eat a good keto diet. Don't worry about body recomp or losing weight. 

Taking a step away from 'dieting' restricting calories is something your body needs from time to time. 

You will always have the DSK program and you know where to find us. 🙂 If you have any questions along the way, even none DSK, I know myself and I'm pretty positive @theketoroad will say the same, that we will do our 100% best job at helping you out with those questions.  😎 

(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
12/01/2019 5:27 pm  

@ifzaidi I totally can understand where you are coming from and I can tell you one thing. Its okay. 

You only can control your next step , the next day and so on.  learn and live 😀 😀 .

as crazy as it sounds you can always message me on instagram @theketoroad , i see you get on from time to time  😉Dont ever be afraid to look for support. Also , if you ever feel one on one coaching will help you, dont hesitate to reach out for that as well  😀 I hope to help in any way that I can! 

AbbyBK liked
ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
13/01/2019 4:22 pm  

@theketoroad Both of us totally forgot to approve her post. lol  🤣  🤣 

ReplyQuote
ifzaidi
(@ifzaidi)
Trusted Member Enrolled
14/01/2019 12:47 pm  

Lol, you guys are hilarious!

@theketoroad and @abbyb1885 thank you both so much for the support and understanding my situation. 

Unfortunately money is tight right now so one on one coaching may not be an option. But if I have any questions I will definitely reach out. 

I don’t really want to take a break from dsk, I think I just need to plan better, maybe do some meal prep so I have food ready to go and I don’t have to spend time cooking during the week.  

Also @theketoroad, I asked this on Instagram too, I know previously you said not to restart my week or get into that habit or that kind of mindset, however since it’s been about a month since I was on keto should I continue from where I left off or would you recommend starting phase 1 again?

ReplyQuote
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
22/01/2019 6:24 am  

@ifzaidi Just be consistent and focus on your goals. The program will take care of the rest 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register