How’s phase two going?
Thanks Abby! I did try some protein powder earlier on in DSK. I did not find the protein shake filling enough for a meal personally.
Tofu and zucchini are pretty high in carbs for DSK. I can’t seems to fit either in. The zucchini lasagna I made before I started DSK came to 9 carbs per serving.
I could try some egg wraps, that’s a good idea. At least it’s a different form of eggs and cheese 🙂
I’ll definitely try experimenting with the calzone idea! Thank you 🙂
I really appreciate everyone’s help.
@annamhc you are not alone! I have also had trouble measuring in the exact spot. I pretty much gave up on the neck and shoulder measurement... My weightloss is measured in tenths of a pound, not pounds like many others so it gets frustrating hearing other people talk about "only losing 5 pounds this month" when I am looking at 1 or 2 pounds lost... I try to remind myself that this is the long game and the most important outcome is resetting my metabolism... but I am not going to lie... I really would like to lose the extra weight as well 😉
Yes, you are not alone, we've had people that were very close to goal weight only lose a small amount. We are all different, so we can't compare ourselves to anyone else. How about your pictures & the way your clothes fit, & your fat%, are you seeing changes in any of those tools? Hang in there ladies!!! All the best to you!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀
I agree, all is different with everyone. I am working with someone now that is not seeing much on the scale but recomp is happening. Clothes are fitting differently weight has gone up and done but measurements and pictures read and look different in a positive way.
We are sometimes skewed as to the scale and really it’s more of a recomp muscle, water retention it’s all variables.
Do you feel different?
It is so funny that you posted this because honestly... i am ready to throw my scale out the window! still the numbers go up and down, hovering in the same weight range... The greatest weight loss I have seen so far was during onboarding?! My clothes are fitting better though so there is that? Honestly though... this is alot of work for so little reward... I am not cashing in but right now I am not feeling super hopeful for any great outcome at the end of this program...
A few questions I would ask my clients:
1. Are you logging natural foods or recipes/user entries etc? I ask as sometimes you are taking in more carbs then you think (probably not the case but must ask)
2. Have you tried cutting dairy? It may be causing inflammation and water retention
3. Are you using many sweeteners
4. Where are you at calorie wise now? How long have you been consistent on DSK?
5. Remind me how much weight you to lose? If a smaller amount it takes time. Crystal saw nothing until the end of her program. (Following same protocol).
Just a few things to try and help.
1. Ok so, I try to keep my food selections simple so I can be as accurate as possible?
2. I did a round of Whole 30 and Dairy wasn't an issue for me, but I also don't eat a lot of it really.
3. I was drinking quite a few diet sodas so I am now cutting those back, other than that I don't really use sweetner, thank you Whole 30
4. I am currently in week 4 of phase 2, 1787 calories. I have been on DSK since August 1? And I have been consistent throughout.
5. I started in the 150's, I wanted to get down to the 130's but at this point I would take the 140's...
I do exercise, I have been trying to get better sleep... Like I said, I am not quitting but my expectations are seriously in the dumps...
Thank you for the response. Hopefully I will see results as well
@seraphina exactly! This program is designed to do constant pressure over a period of time for long term results ! That is a great mindset to have. Just keep pushing!!
I am curious, do you weight train at all? Have you seen your strength go up at all?
@theketoroad I do weight train, once a week I do a heavy day, 2-3 times a week I do a combo of HIIT/weights type class and then I sprinkle in some cardio... I wish it was that easy...
@sephrina yea I hear you ! Maintains that mindset is the real trick.
have you seen your strength go up at all?
the reason I ask is sometimes weight stalls happen due to a time of muscle growth during a fat loss phase. It’s not something that happens consistently when you in a calorie deficit but it does happen 🙂
maybe try try adding in some LISS cardio as it’s (in my opinion) the best for attacking adipose tissue ( fat tissue) and example would be incline walking ( my favorite) or stair master (@ketosavage favorite)
Thanks @theketoroad I will add that in and see how it goes. My strength has gone up a bit. When I say that progress is slow, what I mean is that since starting Keto a year ago, including this program I have maybe lost 3 lbs... maybe.... I know a lot of people get frustrated when they only lose 5 lbs in a month but honestly I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if that was the case. So I will keep on keeping on and hopefully at some point I will reach the tipping point and my body will cooperate... Or maybe I will set a record for being the only person to complete DSK and gain weight?! Do I get a prize for that? LOL But seriously I appreciate the input.