Phase 2 calorie reduction faster?  

RSS

Montero
 Montero
(@Montero)
08/10/2018 10:49 pm  

Hi All,

I have doing keto strictly since June.  Deeper state Phase 1 for 3 weeks.  80% fat is definitely my zone.  Phase 2 for just over 1 week.  I have 50 lbs to lose still.  I do the Deeper State workouts 3x a week as given in the instructions.  I am quite strict on doing this because I believe once I lose the extra fat my body will be in the zone and stay trim since I plan on continuing Keto as a lifestyle.  My body likes it. 

Science has shown that calorie restriction with most any diet will help with fat reduction.  (I did a vegan and vegetarian version and found my body is not happy when there is no meat.)   As I was studying the spreadsheet I was wondering.  Can I just jump down to the low calories to speed things up?  (I am not concerned about feeling hungry)  If I skip down to the lower calories am I missing a benefit with the current spreadsheet that would make me lose fat faster?  Why not just go to the low calories and keep it there till the desired fat loss is done then gradually ramp to a lifestyle keto maintenance?

If I can jump to low calories, and I am doing the 2 hour Deeper State workouts 3x a week.  What is a safe caloric low mark?  The area above the red squares on my spreadsheet?

Thanks for your help.  😀 

Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
09/10/2018 4:47 am  
Posted by: Montero

Hi All,

I have doing keto strictly since June.  Deeper state Phase 1 for 3 weeks.  80% fat is definitely my zone.  Phase 2 for just over 1 week.  I have 50 lbs to lose still.  I do the Deeper State workouts 3x a week as given in the instructions.  I am quite strict on doing this because I believe once I lose the extra fat my body will be in the zone and stay trim since I plan on continuing Keto as a lifestyle.  My body likes it. 

Science has shown that calorie restriction with most any diet will help with fat reduction.  (I did a vegan and vegetarian version and found my body is not happy when there is no meat.)   As I was studying the spreadsheet I was wondering.  Can I just jump down to the low calories to speed things up?  (I am not concerned about feeling hungry)  If I skip down to the lower calories am I missing a benefit with the current spreadsheet that would make me lose fat faster?  Why not just go to the low calories and keep it there till the desired fat loss is done then gradually ramp to a lifestyle keto maintenance?

If I can jump to low calories, and I am doing the 2 hour Deeper State workouts 3x a week.  What is a safe caloric low mark?  The area above the red squares on my spreadsheet?

Thanks for your help.  😀 

@montero

Thanks for joining DSK and welcome! Glad you have had success on keto thus far and looking to make this a lifestyle. 

What were your calories and macros before DSK? For how long?

What calories did you start DSK at? Where are you now?

This will help me understand your metabolism history and your current state.  

I would absolutely not recommend jumping calories down. (Sorry to be direct that was a genuine response). 

Of course being in constant lower calories will speed up fat loss but you don't want that and here is why: 

1. You will gain it back faster as you increase calories 

2. You will screw up your metabolism and will Plateau your weight loss. you may lose it first but then your metabolism will be so shocked that you will Plateau. 

3. This course is designed to have a slow and constant pressure approach so you lose weight and fat slowly so that it safely allows you to lose fat and then in return slowly increases calories so that you don't gain weight back quickly. 

most folks who start dsk have been on low calories for a while to do the same thing and have to repair their metabolism. 

4. After being such a deficit for a longer of time your body will start feeding from muscle. 

I hope this helps. jumping to different phases of the spreadsheet or reducing your calories early is not the structure of the protocol and can't confirm success. This course is yours of course to do as you wish but it will be tough to help you through your fat loss Journey. 

My response is heartfelt as I want you to be successful so please take as such 🙂 

Christos 

This post was modified 2 months  ago by Christos (IG: @christosketo)

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
09/10/2018 8:39 am  

Hey @montero ! 

Welcome to DSK ! I’m excited to see your journey! I completely agree with @christosf181 100% wise words 🙂 

ReplyQuote
turbocressida
(@turbocressida)
New Member Enrolled
09/10/2018 2:12 pm  

Thanks Christos for the insight.  I had not considered the issue of gaining back the fat fast if I reduce fast.  I definitely do not want to gain it back at all...fast or slow.  😀 Your good insights have helped me to reconsider.   I guess I am a little impatient with the progress.  But I have to remember that I did not gain this extra fat in a few months.  It took awhile of 🍕 bad habits... which are now corrected. 

Share:

Working

Please Login or Register