Phase 2, onboard or phase 3?  

RSS

Holly
(@holly)
Active Member Enrolled
08/11/2018 9:06 am  

Hello,

I know that several people have posted about this exact question. However, I would feel better hearing about my next options pertaining to me specifically.  I started Phase 2: 10/1/18.  My calories are now at 1291 and in two weeks I see red boxes telling me to go back to onboarding.  On 11/24/18 I will have been doing DSK for 90 days. I do find that I am hungry quite a bit now.

Here are my current micros: 11/8/18 Fat:112, Protein:61, Carb: 10

Starting phase 1: Fat 142, Protein: 70 Carbs: 10

I am not close to being near my goal weight and in fact seemed to be stalling a bit. I have successfully lost weight and more importantly inches.  I did not onboard at the beginning of DSK I just jumped into phase 1 because I was already eating about 1600 calories a day.  If I understand everything correctly, I should go to Onboarding and not to phase 3.  Is this correct? Does it matter that I am getting close to already doing DSK for 90 days?  

Thanks for your help.

This topic was modified 1 month  ago by Holly

ReplyQuote
Holly
(@holly)
Active Member Enrolled
08/11/2018 2:13 pm  

I would like to add another question to my confusion. If I am to go to onboarding instead of phase 3....what macros and calories do I use for onboarding?  I watched the onboarding video as well as looked through notes and this area was not clear.  Do I start over using the macro calculator again or do I start onboarding at the current macro's: F:112, P:61, C:10 and 1291 calories.  If so how long do I stay in Onboardin? If I plug in my current numbers than according to the sheet I am only in onboarding for two weeks and my calories will be back up to 1468 when the sheet tells me to go to the next phase. However, I keep reading references that my calories should get up to 1800.  I am so confused.

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
08/11/2018 4:20 pm  

@holly

You are absolutely correct that you would go to onboarding since you are not close to your goals. You would also want to start onboarding when your next week starts and not wait until you hit red. I'm also curious with how you are dealing with your hunger. 

For when you start to onboard, I would use the macros you are currently at. We don't want to drastically increase your calories right now especially with you being pretty low right now. The reason for this is the same for the offboarding phase. If you jump your calories up right away you may gain unwanted body fat. Your body is a sponge right now so slowly increasing calories is key.

In your question for how long to stay in onboarding, stay as long as possible. 🙂 How much weight do you have left in your goal? That may also give me some extra insight into this. By the sounds of it, you definitely want to be above 1500 calories before you move to another phase again. I would even try to get to 2000.

ReplyQuote
Holly
(@holly)
Active Member Enrolled
10/11/2018 7:35 am  

@abbyBk

Thank you for the response. Everything is much clearer now and I'm glad I didn't wait longer to ask the question.   When I started DSK I set a goal of 25 loss. I'm still 10 lbs from that goal.  However,  that brings my weight to 188 and I'm 5"4. I really do not know what my ideal weight will be. I figured I would lose 25lbs and go from there. I don't know how long it will take to loose the next ten lbs. I'm definitely losing inches which I love. I thought I read or watched that we shouldn't be in DSK for many months on end.  Should I keep using DSK until I have lost ALL my weight or take a break after my 25 goal loss and go through phase 3 and off boarding? I want to make sure that I maintained my loss. 

I'm pretty hungry all the time now.  I just drink lots of water and power through it until my next meal. My calories are so low that there is not much room for food.  I'm definitely ready to go to onboarding.  This level of hunger is not sustainable for me long term. Though I just experienced a 1lb loss this week.

After onboarding do I go back to phase 2 since I already know my protein threshold? Do I maintain my protein threshold during onboarding?

Thanks for your help.  I think there should be an extra lesson in the course specifically about going back to onboarding while in phase 2.

Holly

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
10/11/2018 2:48 pm  

@holly Im glad Abby was able to clarify so much for you!

Yes the hunger is hard , thats why its not smart to stay there chronically and off boarding is encouraged if not essential to the program. You got this though! Finish Strong 🙂

About the protein threshold, in short yes. The threshold is to show you where you feel the best and are most optimal, so when offboarding it would be best to maintain that 🙂

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
10/11/2018 9:48 pm  

@holly

I'm pretty sure Jonathan meant to say that you would keep your protein threshold while you go to onboarding. 🙂 Also, when you are done with onboarding you can skip phase 1, as it's there to find the percent you feel best at. 

One thing that we are trying to do on the forums now is to stress onboarding to help avoid having to go back to onboarding after being in phase 1 or even phase 2. We are always looking for ways to improve things. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register