Phase 2 Update: Blo...

Phase 2 Update: Blog Post!  

RSS

Becky Searls
 Becky Searls
(@Becky Searls)
23/12/2018 11:11 am  

Hi all, 

In case anyone would benefit I thought I would post this here: I recently blogged about my DSK progress and my Phase 2 Update:

DSK: Phase 2 Update

Hope you're all doing great!!

Becky, aka @beckyjoy on instagram

juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
02/02/2019 7:29 am  

@ketosavage @theketoroad And @abbybk starting phase two tomorrow! Finally figured out excel and im populated. However, I’m debating between 77 and 76%. Felt a little tired the week of 76 but that’s because I was eating higher cal and 85g a day. With the tapering of both macros, I’ll xlearly never eat that high Amt of grams. I workout 5 times a week. Should I go with the higher protein bc of that??? I feel sometimes weight loss happens more for people with higher protein but you guys are the experts!!! Ps haven’t lost one net pound in phase one for 4 weeks. Don’t know if that changes things!! I’m 162 and want to get to 145. Thanks!!

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
02/02/2019 4:59 pm  

I personally would go with the higher fat percent just because you want to feel your best. Fat is also energy. @theketoroad is more knowledgeable with the weights so I'll leave him to that side of things. However, do keep in mind that you either work on losing weight or building muscle as the main goal. It's hard to do both very well. At least that's what I have learned through other admins on DSK. You won't be losing muscle though of course as keto is awesome like that. 🙂

I believe that you follow me on GI and I say that because of your comment about that you feel like weight loss happens more for those with higher protein. When I went through the program I personally kept slowly increasing the fats each week. I set my preferred fat at 0. I wanted to see if I felt best at a certain percent. I didn't notice but I also didn't hate it. Well, I'd lie if I didn't hate it when things got hard w/ low calories.  🤣 

I forget, what are your current calories at? Also for not losing weight, you did mention that you workout. I believe that I saw it in Robert's IG stories the other day, but he has a client that has changed her body but kept the same weight. She gained more muscle and lose body fat. Have you been taking body measurements, changes in clothing or anything else than the scale? 

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
03/02/2019 6:58 am  

@juriknr I am excited for you to start phase 2! So as for protein, 85 g is plenty for a ketogenic diet. If you feel sluggish at 76% fat then I would keep it at 77 🙂 I work out 6 times a week and when I was at the end of me prep I was at 55g of protein a day ! For a male that is crazy so 85 is plenty to grow muscle. Crystal very rarely goes about 95g a day and she can dead lift 300lbs! Also with the weight Abby is spot on. I cant tell you how many people I know that for the first 3-6 weeks of losing weight correctly that dont loose any weight on the scale because as there in a slight deficit, they are loosing fat at the same rate in which they gain muscle. Its very important to take measurements and progress photos for times like these.   I hope that helps! 

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
14/02/2019 7:19 pm  

Thanks for the response! I know there are people that change their composition before the scale gets moving, but that isn’t happening to me. I’m wondering if I should bounce back to 75 fat from 76? I feel I’m a bit hungrier now that my protein dropped a little - I wasn’t really that hungry when then fat dropped. And it’s still really early in the cut. Also,  I woke up starving today and I never do that on keto! I had to drink like five seltzer’s before the gym to stop the hunger. It was so weird, I’m thinking it’s hormonal? Anyway, thank you! 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
14/02/2019 11:35 pm  

@juriknr With being hungrier, I'm curious what calories did you start at and what are you now? When calories get lower you will get hungrier. :0)

Why did you originally pick the fat percent that you are at now?

Did you eat any differently the day prior? Has your water intake been the same mostly? Did you work out extra hard the previous day? Did you also get a good nights sleep?

How has your stress level been lately?

Just a few things to think about here.

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
28/02/2019 12:50 pm  

I have given 150% of this program and unfortunately, it is not working for my body for whatever reason. I’ve tracked every morsel that I put in my mouth and I’ve followed my macros to a T (or really, to the exact gram) every single day. I started this program as a wedding slim down on 12/3 with 4 weeks of onboarding followed by phase 1 and 2 perspectively at 162 and now, 2/28, I’m one pound less 12 weeks later. I’m getting married in four weeks and cannot continue to bank on this diet program. I love the creators and coaches and inspiration of everyone, but every body is different and I guess we can’t count on this working. 

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
28/02/2019 5:01 pm  

@juriknr I am sorry to hear that. I am curious , do you work out? Have you had your body fat % during the process to see what has been happening there? What about tape measurements.

One thing I always point out is Megha did this program and did LOSE a single lb the whole time. However, her photos clearly show that she leaned out tremendously and toned up very well. Crystal also didn't lose her first 9 weeks of prepping for a competition. Before calling it quits , I would encourage you to look at other sign of progress. The scale can be deceiving. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register