Week 10 and OMAD

Week 10 and OMAD  

RSS

soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
27/05/2019 1:56 pm  

Hey y'all!

It's been a minute since I've posted so I thought I'd give an update. I am a couple days into week 10 of the program which is week 4 of phase 2 (phase 1 went for 6 weeks). This morning I weighed in at 171.2 lbs, which is just shy of a total weight loss of 15 pounds. After dropping 10 lbs in the first phase, the last 4 weeks have seen a much tougher 5 pounds go. One thing I noticed worth mentioning was that as my calorie deficit increased, my 2 meals slowly crowded closer and closer in a feeding window until the point where now I am eating a single meal each day. Totally unintentional! I used to think I couldn't do OMAD, but now i totally get it. Very much looking forward to post-DSK and eating throughout the day again, but for now I'm sticking to fatty coffee in the morning and a solid, nutritious meal in the early evening. Just a few more weeks to go 🙂

Stay strong y'all!

John C. Herceg

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
27/05/2019 6:45 pm  

That's awesome to hear! Keep it up.  👍 

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
28/05/2019 4:20 pm  
Posted by: soberketodad

Hey y'all!

It's been a minute since I've posted so I thought I'd give an update. I am a couple days into week 10 of the program which is week 4 of phase 2 (phase 1 went for 6 weeks). This morning I weighed in at 171.2 lbs, which is just shy of a total weight loss of 15 pounds. After dropping 10 lbs in the first phase, the last 4 weeks have seen a much tougher 5 pounds go. One thing I noticed worth mentioning was that as my calorie deficit increased, my 2 meals slowly crowded closer and closer in a feeding window until the point where now I am eating a single meal each day. Totally unintentional! I used to think I couldn't do OMAD, but now i totally get it. Very much looking forward to post-DSK and eating throughout the day again, but for now I'm sticking to fatty coffee in the morning and a solid, nutritious meal in the early evening. Just a few more weeks to go 🙂

Stay strong y'all!

Sounds like you’re happy with how things are going. That’s great to hear! I’m onboarding between phases 1 and 2 so maybe not far along enough to understand....but how/ why did your feeding window shorten? I’m guessing your 2 meals were smaller so you were hungry sooner. I love fatty coffee, too. I’m a morning person and it keeps me going and doesn’t slow me down like the so-called “most important meal of the day” used to!  Keep up the positivity.

ReplyQuote
soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
29/05/2019 7:26 am  

You guessed right, @dlajnef , as the 2 meals shrank in size and my hunger increased I desired to feel full more and more. I decided that feeling full once in the day was better than never feeling quite full lol (if that makes sense). Even though my calories continue to decrease, the total fat percentage is increasing so I'm looking forward to these last few weeks where I can enjoy more calories from fat. My blood ketones remain right around 3 mmol/L in the mornings and I've enjoyed 2 consecutive scale readings at my new low-weight of 169.5. I guess I have a lot to be positive about right now 🙂

Thanks!

John C. Herceg

ReplyQuote
shaarmann
(@shaarmann)
Active Member Enrolled
04/06/2019 10:45 am  

Thanks for the info and updates.  I am about a week or two behind you in the course.  I've noticed your postings are exactly what happens to me a week or two later.  I've gone to OMAD for the same reasons.  I'm now also hungry more often than that when I wasn't early on in the process.  The mental side of it is just now really taking its toll.  I'm just trying to keep moving forward 1 day at a time.

ReplyQuote
dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
22/07/2019 2:25 pm  
Posted by: @soberketodad

Hey y'all!

Stay strong y'all!

Hi @soberketodad! I’m in week 7 of phase 2 and have a question for you. I’m noticing that I’m more hungry ( obviously with less food, this is expected) but workouts are still pretty strong. However, my recovery doesn’t seem as good/fast. Do you recall anything similar? Thanks for any thoughts!

ReplyQuote
soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
24/07/2019 7:53 am  
Posted by: @dlajnef
Posted by: @soberketodad

Hey y'all!

Stay strong y'all!

Hi @soberketodad! I’m in week 7 of phase 2 and have a question for you. I’m noticing that I’m more hungry ( obviously with less food, this is expected) but workouts are still pretty strong. However, my recovery doesn’t seem as good/fast. Do you recall anything similar? Thanks for any thoughts!

Hey @dlajnef

Eating at a deficit for such a sustained time period definitely impacted my workouts. I still felt like I was getting a good pump in the gym and enjoyed resistance training fasted, but the amount of weight I was able to lift continued to decrease toward the end of phase 2. As far as recovery went, however, I can't say that I noticed a reduced ability to bounce back from workouts. That all went pretty much the same as normal, except the weight decreasing. I focused on getting a solid 8 hours of sleep each night and keeping up with my high amounts of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, and magnesium). As long as those two check boxes got checked, my body was ready to go the next day without unusual soreness. Hope this helps! 

John

John C. Herceg

dlajnef
(@dlajnef)
Eminent Member Enrolled
28/07/2019 10:29 am  

@soberketodad

Almost as soon as I posted my question, things changed, and the workouts become more challenging, but recovery seems back to normal. I’m not able to tolerate as much weight as I was before and I guess I’m not as fatigued after, so maybe recovery is easier. Thanks for your response and hope things are going well for you!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register