What to do after a ...

What to do after a "bad weekend"  

RSS

Jim Petkwitz
(@jimpetkwitz)
New Member Enrolled
02/10/2019 9:22 am  

So a little background. I've been living a keto lifestyle for about a year and a half. And am not in phase 2 of the protocol. I have never had a relapse into my pre keto eating habits. 

But this past weekend I was at a wedding. Was great all day till dessert came. I was having fun with friends and family and I totally screwed up. I let my cravings get the best of me. I went for the doughnuts, the cake, the hot apple cider... And that carried over to over endulging the next day with my normal keto foods.

To be honest, I'm disappointed but not killing myself. I know what triggered my binge, and I know I just have to move on and keep trucking.

But that weekend really screwed up my weight and knocked me out of ketosis.

Should I consider repeating this week's macros next week? Just to get me back on track? Or should I just continue with tapering? 

AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
02/10/2019 9:46 am  

The short answer is no.

Just like you said, just need to move on and keep trucking. I would just continue on with what the spreadsheet gives you.

It's great to hear that you know what triggered the eating, I've defiantly been there before. And I was reminded by my body pain of why I stay keto. haha Also even though you over ate the next day, you did do better as it was keto food. So that's a plus to look at. A lot of the time it's easy for people to keep going down the carb train, but you stopped that.

The next time you are in a situation like this past weekend, just remember what triggered it and think of strategies to avoid it again. What has helped you in the past in over coming something? Can you apply those same actions to the next temptation? 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register