Gone overboard 🙁

Gone overboard 🙁  

RSS

Hailey
 Hailey
(@Hailey)
03/04/2019 6:27 pm  

Hi everyone! 

So I've been going along very well up until the last 2 weeks. I had a higher carb day inadvertently and thought I would just make it my first refeed day, even though it was higher carb rather than fat/protein. But ever since then I have not been able to get back on. I'm up 7 pounds since the 18th, my lowest DSK weight. I need help figuring out what my next steps should be. Do I start reversing back up, and then re-do phase 2? 

From where I am at now, I have about 20 pounds to lose to reach what my DSK goal was and I would love to meet this goal by the time I run a 5K at the end of July. 

Additionally, has anyone done the program with higher levels of protein? I know it's a hot topic about whether we should be eating high fat in order to lose fat, and obviously, DSK promotes a higher fat level, but I'm concerned my protein is getting to low. My fat percentage has been 75% this entire time and once protein got to be lower than 70 grams I started to feel very weak and deprived, even with all the fat. I'm considering changing my percentage to 65% fat so my protein is higher. I would really love some feedback! 

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
04/04/2019 3:25 pm  

First of all, don't beat yourself up. We all have slip ups and you can only acknowledge them and go on from there.

To get some better insight into your DSK journey. What phase are you in now with the program? What calories did you start at and where are you now with calories? Did you start feeling week only when your calories were lowered? I don't know where your calories are at now, but I know that when mine got low I defiantly needed to make sure my water and electrolytes were well managed when doing DSK last year. 

For the fat/protein percents, what did you learn about your protein threshold when you did phase 1?

ReplyQuote
haileyhebl
(@haileyhebl)
New Member Enrolled
05/04/2019 9:41 am  

I was in phase 2 but the week I went overboard was the week that I went into week one of phase 3, my calories were 1313, (96 grams fat, 103 grams protein). In phase 1 I started at 1765 and moving into phase 2 I was eating at a 75% fat percentage.  Since posting this, I decided to go back to 1539 calories with 65% fat (I realized I was consuming approx. 1550 calories a day when I was overeating so I decided to start here and start working my way back down. 

However, I don't really want to go back to eating 75% fat because I don't necessarily agree that higher fat is necessary for weight loss for everyone and I think protein is more important for me personally. I've not felt satisfied for 90% of this process and doing some more research I think that eating higher protein will help me with that. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
05/04/2019 11:50 pm  

It sounds like you know what you are going to do, going forward from here. 

Sarah Allen
(@ladyallen)
Active Member Enrolled
09/04/2019 7:27 am  

Don't feel bad! It's obvious to me you're still making progress because you're taking active steps to improving your health from where you're at. You're being honest with yourself and making realistic goals. You're gonna crush this!

I think there's several people out there that benefit more from a higher protein intake. It's true that the majority of individuals will see results at a higher fat percentage, but that doesn't mean it's a guarantee for everyone. I get the impression that DSK is all about taking charge of your health, and clearly that's what you're doing. Keep it up!

Sarah @The Keto Barry (YouTube) and @thewellnessofsarah (Instagram)

Share:

Working

Please Login or Register