Offboarding?  

RSS

Carissa
 Carissa
(@Carissa)
19/09/2018 6:37 pm  

Hey, everyone. I am only two weeks into Phase 3, but I hit my goal weight. I don't really have much more weight to lose, and I am starting to make poor food choices because I am starving on only 1300 calories a day. Normally, this is not a struggle for me. I am learning that if I let myself get too hungry, I start mindlessly snacking. It's on keto foods, but nevertheless, I am going over on my macros every day and eating more than I did when my calories were higher. My question is, is it time for offboarding even though I have only been in this phase for a couple weeks? Should I just power through and starve for a couple more weeks? Any and all advice is appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
19/09/2018 8:52 pm  
Posted by: Carissa

Hey, everyone. I am only two weeks into Phase 3, but I hit my goal weight. I don't really have much more weight to lose, and I am starting to make poor food choices because I am starving on only 1300 calories a day. Normally, this is not a struggle for me. I am learning that if I let myself get too hungry, I start mindlessly snacking. It's on keto foods, but nevertheless, I am going over on my macros every day and eating more than I did when my calories were higher. My question is, is it time for offboarding even though I have only been in this phase for a couple weeks? Should I just power through and starve for a couple more weeks? Any and all advice is appreciated. 

You are pretty low on calories. I would move to offboarding next week and enter 2 in the  number of refeeds from phase 3 section. You can still lose ok noted offboarding as calories will slowly taper up. 

Technically you could do another week in P3 BUT you know yourself and your body if you are happy move on especially if you are making poor decisions. It's your body telling you.

Great work hitting your goal. 

Christos 

ReplyQuote
calvarez08
(@calvarez08)
Active Member Enrolled
20/09/2018 6:44 am  

Thank you! That's exactly what I was thinking. I normally am pretty good about staying on point with my macros, but I am SO hungry that it's making me feel a bit out of control. Have a great day, and thanks again for the advice. 

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
20/09/2018 7:16 am  
Posted by: calvarez08

Thank you! That's exactly what I was thinking. I normally am pretty good about staying on point with my macros, but I am SO hungry that it's making me feel a bit out of control. Have a great day, and thanks again for the advice. 

absolutely! great job meeting your goal. that deserves an extra pad of butter 🙂 

Thanks for reaching out, sometimes all you need is validation of something you already know. 

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
20/09/2018 4:10 pm  

Hey!!   Congrats on making your goal!!!  🤗 🤗 🤩 🤩  Whoop  Whoop Whoopie!!!! 🤩 🤩 🤩 🤩 It's excellent that you had the great sense to recognize the low calories and your hunger & why you are eating beyond your macros, & for sharing that with us so others in the same situation can benefit!!  Awesome!!! 😀 😀 😀 You are not alone, & I 100% agree with Christos!   Time for Offboarding!!   Enjoy your refeeds!! 🤩 🤩 🤩 🤩 🤗 🤗 🤗 🤗

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
20/09/2018 4:28 pm  

Yay for reaching your goal and noticing what the lower calories are doing to you. I definitely struggled with lower calories. I started to look at ways to bulk my foods and started hunger hacking. One main thing that I did was start making icey shakes with my electrolyte mix.

One thing to remember is that even though in offboarding we get more calories each week, it's still pretty hard. I had a rough start with it. I'm still in offboarding with around 1670 calories, I think and I still want more food than I'm given, even though it's easier now than at the start. I still use hunger hacks now. haha

When you are really wanting something, drink something. I really really wanted more food when I was camping with my family about a month ago but I brought some Zevias or carbonated water, which helped. Try and figure out anything that may help. Also, even though I was drinking a lot, I still wanted more food.

Even though it's hard, try not to think about it. It can be a big mind game. If you notice anything that triggers the extra eating, take note of it. For me, it was/is recipe testing or lack of sleep, and just being around family away from home for the whole day. I have a family event coming up this Saturday and I'm slightly worried that I'll want more food that I'll bring. However, I'll also bring my liquids. 

When you notice you are about to grab something that you have not tracked or not in your macros for the day, take a pause. Count to 10 or something, but pause. Take a moment to realize what you are doing and just breath. 

Hope this helped you out.

judylove liked
ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
22/09/2018 8:19 pm  

@abbyb1885  Love this advice Abby!!  Excellent response & ideas!!! 😀  😀  😀  😀  😀  😀 

This post was modified 3 months  ago by judylove

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register