Phase 3...Need some direction and advice.  

RSS

scott.schafroth
(@scott-schafroth)
Active Member Enrolled
04/10/2018 11:04 am  

Greetings.  About 1 week ago I hit my goal weight of 175 and moved into phase 3.  I have lost a total of 75lbs (8 months SKD) and the last 21.6lbs (2 months DSK).  Between SKD and DSK I had a 2 month platue where I just hovered around the high 190's.  My current macro breakdown is 154F/72P/10C with total caloric intake at 1718.  I lift around 7 hours a week (5 day split) and stair climber HIIT 30 to 40 mins 2 to 3 times a week.  I really need to start putting some muscle mass back on but would like to continue to reduce body fat % without losing any more weight.  I have lost a lot of muscle during this last portion of my weight loss.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
04/10/2018 3:35 pm  

Hello. @scott-schafroth

have you implemented any re-feeds yet ??

From what I am reading my recommendations would be to finish out this second week so to stay structured and starting begin the off boarding process. You will feel your strength increase and since you technically still in a deficit for the first part of off boarding you should continue to lean out until you level out.

of course, let’s have the other moderators chime in and give there advice 🙂

ill make sure to address this and discuss it on @christosketo and my Instagram live Q & A tonight !

hopefully you can make it , it’s at 5 CST - 6 EST 

@theketoroad is my instagram tag

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
04/10/2018 3:43 pm  
Posted by: Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )

Hello. @scott-schafroth

have you implemented any re-feeds yet ??

From what I am reading my recommendations would be to finish out this second week so to stay structured and starting begin the off boarding process. You will feel your strength increase and since you technically still in a deficit for the first part of off boarding you should continue to lean out until you level out.

of course, let’s have the other moderators chime in and give there advice 🙂

ill make sure to address this and discuss it on @christosketo and my Instagram live Q & A tonight !

hopefully you can make it , it’s at 5 CST - 6 EST 

@theketoroad is my instagram tag

Hey guy, 

I totally agree with this response. Just make sure you hit at least two refeeds (two weeks) of phase 3 and then move to off-boarding. In the off-boarding tab you will enter "2" where It asks the number of refeeds. As mentioned, you will still drop BF as you recomp in off-boarding and as you taper back up from your deficit to maintenance. 

As far as muscle loss (not strength as that is normal) have you tested via a DEXA to see that muscle? Curious as how you are measuring muscle loss. 

I am coaching someone who met their goal like you and went into P3 for 2 weeks and to offboarding.  They notices their BF went down as weight stayed somewhat the same (probably up and down 2 lbs) but recomp continued. As they were further into off boarding their strength increased again.  The refeeds will definitely help with this. 

-Christos

scott.schafroth
(@scott-schafroth)
Active Member Enrolled
05/10/2018 3:47 am  

Thanks for the reply's.  I am making an assumption on the muscle loss, going by visuals, arm size specifically.  Closest DEXA to me is Vegas or Phoenix, both around 2.5 to 3 hrs away.  Trying to make time to make the trip.  I will try to make the instagram Q n A tonight, again thanks for the input.

Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
05/10/2018 9:51 am  

Understood, just be careful with there mental game of thinking its muscle loss (we all do it) as you lose weight you will lose fat and water which comes off as muscle loss but typically it is not. Being in a defecit  is to lose weight (size) so the brain thinks it is muscle. Without comparing a pre dexa/inbody (although in body is tough to be accurate with water intake..etc) with a post it is tough to use measurements only because you are getting leaner also. The eye plays tricks on muscle loss vs. fat loss. 

Keep going strong

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register