Starting phase 3 - refeeds  

RSS

melboisseau
(@melboisseau)
New Member Enrolled
08/07/2018 6:15 pm  

hey all! Starting phase 3 tomorrow, just 1 refeed a week?

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
09/07/2018 12:21 pm  

Yes, it is only 1 refeed a week.  On the spreadsheets, Offboarding needs at least 2 refeeds from Phase 3 to populate the refeeds.  Try that  & see if it helps!!  Enjoy your refeeds!! 😀  😀 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
09/07/2018 3:36 pm  
Posted by: melboisseau

Yes, only one refeed in a week.

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
09/07/2018 3:55 pm  
Posted by: melboisseau

Yes only one refeed a week, you will still be losing in phase 3 and still be in a deficit aside from your refeed day. Ideally between 2-4 weeks in phase 3, so 2-4 refeeds, no need for more than 4. 

Make sure that you're refeeds are laid out so you know exactly what your macros are and stop eating when you hit them. IMO the best way to go about a refeed is to plan the entire thing out before hand, so you know exactly when to stop.

And congratulations on your success.

camdenscott liked
ReplyQuote
venu
 venu
(@venu)
Eminent Member Enrolled
10/07/2018 8:39 pm  

What determines when to go to Phase3? Is it reaching 1300 calories or something else. My spreadsheet says I am going to hit 1300 on 8/1. I hadn't made much progress on weight loss last couple of weeks. Up and down. Currently 157.8 which is about 5 lbs more than where I should be, according to the spreadsheet. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
11/07/2018 11:34 am  
Posted by: venu

What determines when to go to Phase3? Is it reaching 1300 calories or something else. My spreadsheet says I am going to hit 1300 on 8/1. I hadn't made much progress on weight loss last couple of weeks. Up and down. Currently 157.8 which is about 5 lbs more than where I should be, according to the spreadsheet. Thanks.

Hey Venu,

There are a couple different factors in determining when to head to phase 3. It can be seeing those little red boxes on your spreadsheet, but you would only move to phase 3 if you are close to your goal weight. If you have quite a bit more weight to lose the you would head back to off boarding.

And another reason to move to phase 3 would be if you are close to or hit your goal weight and are ready for refeeds. Not because you want refeeds but because you have been in a deficit and your body is really depleted and ready for refeeds. But again you would have to be really close to your goal or have hit it. If you have 20 pounds to go to goal, there is no need to have caloric refeeds.

And don't worry about what the spreadsheet says your weight should be, that's just a reference point, nothing set in stone there.

So how close are you to your goal weight ? and you said weight loss has been slow lately are you hitting your macros or going off the plan ?

ReplyQuote
venu
 venu
(@venu)
Eminent Member Enrolled
11/07/2018 12:20 pm  

Hello Max,

My weight goal was 150 from starting weight in April of 167.5. I got down to 156.5 a couple of weeks ago. Since then it has stalled primarily because it has been hard to hit the macros right while traveling. I am back home now and able to stick to precise macros. I have the red warning in the spreadsheet that says my calories are too low but that is not till late August. I thought I will revise my goal down to 140 but that might be fantasy. I just have to see what happens over the next two weeks. Thanks for the feedback.

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
11/07/2018 12:41 pm  
Posted by: venu

Hello Max,

My weight goal was 150 from starting weight in April of 167.5. I got down to 156.5 a couple of weeks ago. Since then it has stalled primarily because it has been hard to hit the macros right while traveling. I am back home now and able to stick to precise macros. I have the red warning in the spreadsheet that says my calories are too low but that is not till late August. I thought I will revise my goal down to 140 but that might be fantasy. I just have to see what happens over the next two weeks. Thanks for the feedback.

Hey venu,

Thanks for the feedback, it makes it a lot easier to try and make the right suggestions when we have more info. I think everyone knows how tough it is on the road to stay the course. I know you were really doing well for quite awhile so I know you can do it again. And about the red boxes, you've got time between now and late August to make any adjustments that you need to make. And I would say just crush it till then and we'll figure out what the best course of action for you is when we get closer to then.

And by no means do I think 140, is a fantasy weight for you and I think it's a very attainable goal. You are just gonna have to grind to get there, but I think it's very achievable for you.

And we now have a message feature on the forum,  thanks to someone's great idea, LMAO so people can message other people on the forum, which is awesome. So you can always message me and I would be more than willing to help you out if you need it when you get closer to the end of August and decide what would be the best for you and your program.

And just because this group is winding down doesn't mean that we won't be here for you when the new group comes in. So if there's anything  we can do to help out just let us know.

This post was modified 5 months  ago by Max Havoc

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
09/08/2018 10:56 pm  

@venu, I'm curious how this is going for you, as it's now August 9th. 

ReplyQuote
quinntress
(@quinntress)
Active Member Registered
18/09/2018 2:28 pm  

@max-havoc this question is for any of the moderators. Not sure if this is the right place to post, sorry! I am a bit confused as to what my next steps should be.

Starting weight 165, current weight: 159, weight goal is 118-121.

The red cells in my phase 2 say I should go back to onboarding. If so,  what phase should be next? (Macros at this point are 1250 total, 113-48-10 & the following week's macros send me to onboarding). What are the weekly macros that I should enter in onboarding? FYI -I didn't do onboarding when I started the prg.

OR

Should I go to offboarding or phase 3? FYI-I asked Rob during a live Q&A last week about my calories. I was at 1250 total, 113-48-10. He said that it was probably ok for my height (I was not hungry, etc), but not to go too much lower. I was in Phase 1 for 4 weeks, found my protein threshold, Phase 2 for 8 weeks.

My weight has fluctuated between 157-159 for the past 4 weeks. When I plug in my numbers in the phase 3 tab, all of the cells are in Red (see attached). So if I go to offboarding, technically I have not done any refeeds, what do I put in that green cell if that's where I should go? Once offboard is complete where to next?

So I guess in general, which is the right next phase for me in my case and what's the right info to enter based on my questions above?

TIA

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
18/09/2018 2:57 pm  

@quinntress

I can jump on this to try and give my recommendation. Of course fellow moderators and community members can also. 

- I would go back to on boarding with your current macros -  1250 total, 113-48-10 . I would continue to taper until you gain weight consistently (maybe over 1-2 weeks). 1800 may be a good number but of course it is hard telling. You want to give yourself enough calories so you can stay in phase 2 longer and then continue to phase 3. 

-  If you are in red and have not completed phase 2 and not near your goal weight I would not go to phase 3 or Offboarding. Phase 3 is when you are close to you goal weight maybe within 5 lbs and Offboarding is to taper you back up to maintenance and have met your goal. Phase 2 is will you will spend the bulk of your time. 

- The reason phase 3 and Offboarding are not populating is because you are too low on calories and need to go back to on boarding. Everything should auto populate. The only thing you should be entering is your latest weigh in and the date you are starting each phase. All the phases should auto populate. There is one additional item in Offboarding you need to enter and this is the number of refers from phase 3. You are not there yet because you cannot do phase 3. 

- When you finish on boarding again, you can either do phase 1 again to confirm your protein threshold or start phase 2 at the protein treshold you found this round. You can also enter 0 and it will calculate it automatically for you. 

I hope this helps. 

Your next step is to definitely go back to on boarding. 

Christos

ReplyQuote
quinntress
(@quinntress)
Active Member Registered
19/09/2018 6:34 am  

Thanks Christos for your speedy response! My initial thought was onboarding, but was lost on the starting macros. Plugged in my numbers (see attachment) should I run with onboarding and complete the week of 10/22 which brings me to 1715? Last time, I started at 1600s in phase 1 (again no onboarding), but I'm thinking I should stay in onboarding until I hit one week with 1800 calories or should I just do that last day at 1829 (which is where the spreadsheet stops. Thoughts?

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register