Beginner Workout 6 days a week?  

RSS

Fairlady2jz
(@nguyen-lianne)
New Member Enrolled
08/08/2018 12:09 pm  

Hello, fellow DSKers!

I am just coming off of a 13 week lifting program that had me doing a full body workout 3 days a week. Since starting DSK, I figured I would give the beginner program a go but as I've been accustomed to hitting each body part at least 2x a week, I was wondering if it would be ok to do each of the the 3 workouts (legs, push, pull-back & biceps) twice a week bringing the total to 6 days instead of 3. With my old 3 day a week program, it left me wanting more, so I think I am ready to lift more than 3 x a week. Anybody have any advice on this? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
09/08/2018 12:17 pm  
Posted by: nguyen.lianne

Hello, fellow DSKers!

I am just coming off of a 13 week lifting program that had me doing a full body workout 3 days a week. Since starting DSK, I figured I would give the beginner program a go but as I've been accustomed to hitting each body part at least 2x a week, I was wondering if it would be ok to do each of the the 3 workouts (legs, push, pull-back & biceps) twice a week bringing the total to 6 days instead of 3. With my old 3 day a week program, it left me wanting more, so I think I am ready to lift more than 3 x a week. Anybody have any advice on this? Thanks!

That would depend on how you handle it while being on the DSK protocol as it's a completely different animal at 10 grams of total carbs. I would keep it at 3 days a week for a few weeks and see how you feel once you get a little deeper into the protocol. We just don't want you to overtrain and get burned out the deeper you go into the protocol as it will effect other parts of your life as well.

But again it's your program and if you feel like it's going to be beneficial to you and you want to train more then the end decision is up to you. But IMO 6 days a week right now I would say is overkill as it's early on, see how you feel 2-3 weeks from now or possibly add an extra training day for a lagging body part or an extra day of cardio.

The main thing is you don't want to run into a brick wall 3 weeks from now as there will be changes going on inside your body and that's why the program is set up like it is...to avoid that situation.

Again this is just my opinion on the subject

judylove liked
ReplyQuote
Fairlady2jz
(@nguyen-lianne)
New Member Enrolled
09/08/2018 2:22 pm  

Great advice. Gives me something to think about and weigh out. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register