Training Technique and Programming INTRO  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
26/04/2018 3:54 pm  

IMO if you can keep doing the routine that your doing before you started the protocol, then keep doing it.But again this is going to be a lot easier for people that are already keto adapted.Yes there is a drop in calories for us but were use to being in a deficit (not this big) but a deficit none the less.

Those that aren't familiar with a keto diet would not fair so well trying to do their normal routine without glucose for fuel.Until they become keto adapted I could see where he would want them to back off to avoid overtraining and to much stress on the CNS,which makes perfect sense.

Again this is just my opinion and Robert could post something completely different.

ReplyQuote
@Ketophatgrrrl
(@sianherrera)
New Member Enrolled
29/04/2018 10:27 am  

I do CrossFit 3-5 days a week, and I talked to Robert and he said that was great and don’t change my workout routine. I also play tennis 3-4 times a week and 1-2 days of bodybuilding type lifts and cardio. Speaking from experience, if you feel super tired at first switching to keto, rest! Build up your CrossFit tolerance and intensity. I backed off and only worked out 2 days a week to start, but felt amazing as I increased. I have done CrossFit for almost 7 years.

ReplyQuote
pstellato
(@pstellato)
New Member Enrolled
02/05/2018 3:48 pm  

I don't necessarily consider myself a beginner in the gym. Been working out 4-5 days a week in the gym since November 2017. But I tried the beginner workout in DSK and man. That does not seem like a beginner workout to me. 4 triple supersets for chest/tri's and shoulders. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get through it and the gym was empty. Is it necessary to do 12 exercises in one session? Just thought that was overkill. Any one else doing this workout?

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
02/05/2018 3:54 pm  

@pstellato if it feels like it is to much since you started DSK then make some adjustments to the program to fit your needs right now.It will get better as you become more fat adapted,it's an adjustment period especially if your new to a keto protocol.

Hope this helps you out.

ReplyQuote
pstellato
(@pstellato)
New Member Enrolled
02/05/2018 4:06 pm  

@max havoc I've been keto since November 2017. Never strayed since starting. I just think it's a lot for one session is all. I was able to get through the workout. But I don't have 2 hours to get through a workout. My normal routine is about 1 hour and 15 minutes and that includes cardio. Was lifting heavy for a while, basic split. But this one workout was just long.

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
03/05/2018 1:30 pm  

@pstellato well if you feel it's to much volume, then just lower the volume and you should be all set. All the templates for diet and training are just guidelines, nothing set in stone. I would just make adjustments to make it fit your training needs and time frame.

ReplyQuote
DavidBKeto
(@summerland11)
Active Member Enrolled
04/05/2018 5:48 am  

I bought a gym membership in January, pre Keto and thought, yeah! I’m gonna work out three days a week!! Well, I figured out soon enough that I wouldn’t be able to maintain this schedule in the long haul. Having lost the same 50 pounds many times, I know this. So I go 1-2 times a week and consider it good. And I park way far away from the front door everywhere I go. And sometimes I’ll take the bus somewhere in my town and walk home, because, there’s no getting out of it when you’re 3 miles from home with no car. Strangely one of the things that bothers me the most about the gym...the colors! That purple! That yellow, that black!

ReplyQuote
kleo1505
(@kleo1505)
Eminent Member Enrolled
27/05/2018 2:55 pm  

Is there a video on the DSK site for recommended exercises? @max havoc @judylove
Thank you 😊

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
28/05/2018 11:56 am  

@kleo1505 Since DSK is primarily about nutrition, Robert has a general video in the course where he talks about the kinds of exercise you can do. There are some suggestions for different workouts at various levels in the "Training Programs" section. You can record your exercise & cardio progress in the training spreadsheet included in the course. There are no videos explaining how to do the recommended exercise, and possibly that could be something they may or may not add at a later time. Due to injuries, I have my own set of exercises that my PT person has me doing, so that's not likely going to help you!:):) LOL:):) In the meantime, you can always go on youtube and look up the recommended exercises & watch people do those who explain the proper way to do them. @max-havoc or @christos-ruci may know the best resources for this. All the best to you!! :):)

ReplyQuote
Max Havoc
(@max-havoc)
Noble Member Moderator
29/05/2018 1:03 pm  
Posted by: kleo1505

Is there a video on the DSK site for recommended exercises? @max havoc @judylove
Thank you 😊

I would search youtube or google for the exercises you're looking for. This is one thing unfortunately Christos or myself can't help much with as we're limited to typing advice. But I'll ask Robert as he said something about possibly putting up some exercise videos to go along with the course. 

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
02/06/2018 7:45 am  
Posted by: Max Havoc
Posted by: kleo1505

Thank you 😊

I would search youtube or google for the exercises you're looking for. This is one thing unfortunately Christos or myself can't help much with as we're limited to typing advice. But I'll ask Robert as he said something about possibly putting up some exercise videos to go along with the course. 

YouTube the exercise you find folks explaining the exercise. I still do that. 

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
06/06/2018 5:36 am  

Matt said on the 5/20/18 Live Q & A vlog that bodybuilding.com has some excellent exercise videos with explanations, but there is also a really good website for beginners/newbies & it is nerdfitness.com that has body weight home exercises.  Hope this is helpful!!  😀 

ReplyQuote
Christos (IG: @christosketo)
(@christosfl81)
Honorable Member Admin
06/06/2018 6:03 am  

YouTube Scott Herman Fitness and the exercise. He explains things well also. 

ReplyQuote
Sheila G
(@sheila-g)
Active Member Enrolled
11/08/2018 6:28 am  

This may help some newbies like me. I had to stop and check the video on some of the workouts so I took the time to add time stamps for Roberts Video. The stamps will be close and some may be  one or two seconds off,  I hope it helps !

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register