Hi everyone!  

RSS

rkbenavides4
(@rkbenavides4)
New Member Enrolled
22/03/2019 1:31 pm  

My name is Rhonda and I've been following keto since 6/26/2017.  I had a great first year on keto and hit my initial goal weight of 136 - 2 days before I had an emergency appendectomy in May 2018, followed five days later by an emergency right hemicolectomy with an anastomosis (I am lucky I didn't need a permanent iliostomy bag).  However, I lost 14 lbs over 14 days and dropped to 122, which 125-129 was my long-term weight goal.  Since then due to bowel issues (I've also had my gallbladder removed, which did not bother me previous on keto - ox bile salts seems to make it worse), getting back on track with keto has been extremely difficult.  I'm finally found that if I do some type of meal with almond or flaxseed, my chronic diarrhea is not too much of a factor.  But the biggest thing is that I've gained 22-24 lbs! I wanted to gain some weight back and it took 4-5 months before I saw the scale move upward (and I was eating a lot of food towards the end before the scare started budging) to fill out skin and regain some energy, but it went the other way and I've only just now been able to reign it in with no weight gain over the past 6 weeks, just kind of going back and forth within a 4-5 lb range.  But I'm ready to get back to it.  I've been ramping up my workouts and cardio, but I'm still at a very  low stage compared to previous.  It took me almost 4 months back to work before I could handle my regular workload without being exhausted at the end of the day.  

I hope to get back on track with my family keto cooking and meal prep, which has totally fallen by the wayside since May 2018.  I have followed Keto Connect since my first week on keto and I love their "research" behind different facets of keto lifestyle.

Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
24/03/2019 5:29 am  

@rkbenavides4 Hey! We are super excited to have you as apart of the DSK family! If you ever need anything, dont hesitate to ask. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register