Page 12 / 12 Prev
  RSS

AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
04/09/2018 3:17 pm  
Posted by: theketoroad

@max-havoc

Haha thanks for the warm welcome. I’ll make sure to tread lightly 😉 oh and thank you! It was an experience that changed my life forever that’s for sure!

so I saw your eating 1366 Cals!?!? That’s bonkers, how long have you been that low?? How do you feel??

He's a little bonkers in the head, these days. LOL. He's doing even lower. 

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
04/09/2018 3:40 pm  

@abbyb1885 

someone has to guniea pig lol

I'm about to start testing some things as well.

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
04/09/2018 5:41 pm  
Posted by: theketoroad

@abbyb1885 

someone has to guniea pig lol

I'm about to start testing some things as well.

Very true, very true. What are you looking at testing out?

(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
04/09/2018 6:35 pm  

@abbyb1885

glutamine loading before getting on stage. Right now as a keto athlete our tight skin and fullness is derived from using sodium correctly the night before a show to pull water underneath the muscle tissue. 

The theory is that glutamine  as a glucogenic amino acid can restore glycogen stores and fill muscle tissue without causing a kick out of ketosis. 

If if it worked, that paired with the sodium in our refers would take our stage readiness to the next level

ReplyQuote
(@theketoroad)
Trusted Member Admin
04/09/2018 6:38 pm  

The problem is the studies on it are minimal.

There are some YouTube videos of people on keto taking pure glutamine fasted and it spiking blood sugar but not always kicking them out of ketosis.

we have no idea though if that would happen if it was paired with a fatty re-feed meal or a meal in general.

also a study was done on type 1 diabetics on the effects of post workout blood sugar with taking glutamine. What they found was astonishing! The diabetics actually showed signs of hypoglycemic symptoms the nights they took the glutamine and not the placebo. 

Im not saying hypoglycemic is good but it shows that glutamine might actually up insulin sensitivity after a workout , which on keto would be amazing 

ReplyQuote
Gormy_Goes_Keto
(@mykelogan)
New Member Enrolled
22/10/2018 8:19 am  

Howdy all!!

Getting my feet wet here on the forum. New to the DSK world, but working with Coach Jonathan now for a week and feeling great. Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to share. 

Have a great day all!

Mike aka Gormy_Goes_Keto

Gormy_Goes_Keto on IG!

Keto_Meggo
(@megandbg)
Active Member Enrolled
23/10/2018 4:39 pm  

Hey Mike!

I’m 9 days in... not that anyone is counting or anything  😬 

I hate tracking macros but with the challenge of DSK I am motivated and even dusted off ol’ Faithful (the food scale) to make sure I’m doing what needs to be done.

I relocated recently which took a toll on me. I love how Keto makes me feel mentally and has helped alleviate some of the stress associated with my move. I am looking to lose some of the fluffy weight I acquired as a result of the move as well, and hopefully gain some muscle. 

I havent weighed myself. I don’t want to focus on numbers. As a long time dieter  I can become obsessive over that number and I don’t want to go down that road. Especially when it is just a number.

I have taken measurements though and can tell by the way my clothes fit where I am at. 

So far so good!

camdenscott liked
ReplyQuote
girlzsocr12
(@girlzsocr12)
New Member Enrolled
29/10/2018 9:49 am  

Hello!  I bought DSK months ago but never did start the program.  My weight has gotten out of control for me and I am starting DSK on November 1st but have a question.  I have not been strict keto for several months now nor have I been doing any kind of tracking/dieting/etc.  My current weight and body fat put me at starting with 1460 calories so the spreadsheet indicates I need to do onboarding.  Is this accurate since I do not believe I have been on caloric deficit?  Or can I just start phase 1 with higher calories/macros?

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
29/10/2018 12:54 pm  
Posted by: girlzsocr12

Hello!  I bought DSK months ago but never did start the program.  My weight has gotten out of control for me and I am starting DSK on November 1st but have a question.  I have not been strict keto for several months now nor have I been doing any kind of tracking/dieting/etc.  My current weight and body fat put me at starting with 1460 calories so the spreadsheet indicates I need to do onboarding.  Is this accurate since I do not believe I have been on caloric deficit?  Or can I just start phase 1 with higher calories/macros?

@girlzsocr12 welcome to the DSK family!

I strongly suggest that you do onboarding. By increasing your calories you will get the most out of the program and also you won't have to go back to onboarding because your calories become to low. 

I know it goes against everything that we see in society but by increasing your calories will be good. It helps to improve/fix your metabolism/body and tells the body that we are giving it food. If we are too low in calories for a period of time our bodies will go into starvation mode and will not let go of the weight. People have seen weight loss when they increase their calories, myself included. 

Also by increasing your calories before you start phase 1, this will give you more runway as you go through the course and not making you go to onboarding midway through. Some of the people that had purchased this course in April found that they had to go back to onboarding midway through if they had skipped this step from the start. 

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

camdenscott liked
ReplyQuote
girlzsocr12
(@girlzsocr12)
New Member Enrolled
29/10/2018 2:00 pm  

Thank you for you quick response!!  

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
29/10/2018 2:08 pm  
Posted by: girlzsocr12

Thank you for you quick response!!  

You bet! 

ReplyQuote
kimserenala
(@kimserenala)
New Member Registered
05/11/2018 4:09 pm  

Hi my name is SerenaL.  I just sign up today, I just going through a few courses video watch and listen to Robert instructions...but sadly I'm so lost.  I need help to get start it I'm so confused.  I need somebody please kindly walk me through...I have zero glue what to do or how to get start...Please help me...Thank you so much!

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
05/11/2018 8:06 pm  
Posted by: kimserenala

Hi my name is SerenaL.  I just sign up today, I just going through a few courses video watch and listen to Robert instructions...but sadly I'm so lost.  I need help to get start it I'm so confused.  I need somebody please kindly walk me through...I have zero glue what to do or how to get start...Please help me...Thank you so much!

@kimserenala , firstly welcome to the DSK family. 🙂

Did you by chance download the spreadsheet yet? If not, you can follow these steps here for doing so:  https://deeperstateketo.com/community/spreadsheet-info-spreadsheet-info/downloading-using-the-spreadsheet/#post-120

Also, so we are on the same page, which videos did you watch? What were the titles of them? 

ReplyQuote
uscbigdawg
(@uscbigdawg)
New Member Enrolled
19/11/2018 9:20 am  

Hey folks,

Like many I have been doing a lot of research on keto. After I get out the army and went to med school I put on a lot of weight because I make everything else a priority over myself. Do to graduate with another degree in six months and figure that’s a pretty good way to set a goal to drop wait and put some muscle back on that’s been lost since leaving the service. Looking to be the best version of myself for myself, daughter and wife.  

I have had recent good success with counting macros and while I was packing on a lot of muscle, I don’t feel like I was losing the fat as best I could. So, any tips on being able to drop fat and gain muscle with the correct macro balance is greatly appreciated. I will likely be signing up for DSK this week.

Looking forward to the journey. The goal is 100 pounds in six months.

Rich

This post was modified 4 weeks  ago by uscbigdawg

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK
(@abbyb1885)
19/11/2018 9:06 pm  
Posted by: uscbigdawg

Hey folks,

Like many I have been doing a lot of research on keto. After I get out the army and went to med school I put on a lot of weight because I make everything else a priority over myself. Do to graduate with another degree in six months and figure that’s a pretty good way to set a goal to drop wait and put some muscle back on that’s been lost since leaving the service. Looking to be the best version of myself for myself, daughter and wife.  

I have had recent good success with counting macros and while I was packing on a lot of muscle, I don’t feel like I was losing the fat as best I could. So, any tips on being able to drop fat and gain muscle with the correct macro balance is greatly appreciated. I will likely be signing up for DSK this week.

Looking forward to the journey. The goal is 100 pounds in six months.

Rich

Welcome to the DSK forums Rich and hope to see you go through the course. 

I do want to note something though so you are not let down. This course is designed to drop fat and to body recomposition. You may gain some muscle along the way as some have. However, you either want to gain muscle, drop body fat or maintain. You can't do two at one time, sadly and get great results in both. I will note though that with the macros this course gives you, you will not be losing muscle. So, there is no worry there, even if you don't work out.

Also, I wouldn't set a goal weight "dead line." This can put on added stress to yourself and well stress is never good for weight loss. We also need to look at the steps along the way. Looking at what you eat, how your water is, how your electrolytes are each day. Create mini goals each week or day that do not measure your weight loss pounds, but things that can help your weight loss. I have struggled with this mentality too in the past. Heck, I was worried I wouldn't hit my goal weight when I was in the course. Yet, in time, I pushed that worry away and just took things day by day as the course was laid out to do.

Again, welcome to the DSK family.

ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 12 Prev
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register