Page 14 / 19
  RSS

lorenaallen80
(@lorenaallen80)
New Member Enrolled
18/01/2019 4:54 pm  

Hi everyone,

My name is Lorena,
I have been doing Keto and IF for probably 4 months and have not lost much weight. I am still struggling to get into ketosis.
I am eating every day the same stuff and I can not manage to get into ketosis. my ketone levels are always around 0.3 -0.6 in the morning and this is frustrating.
So I'm hoping this program is going to help me get there. 🙂 Just bought this program few days ago, and reading everything right now.
I am super excited to get started. Still little confused about all this onboarding stuff. might need some clarification. 
I put in my numbers, but I'm already in the "green" section. Should i still do it? and how long?

Thanks 🙂

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Reputable Member Moderator
18/01/2019 9:37 pm  
Posted by: lorenaallen80

Hi everyone,

My name is Lorena,
I have been doing Keto and IF for probably 4 months and have not lost much weight. I am still struggling to get into ketosis.
I am eating every day the same stuff and I can not manage to get into ketosis. my ketone levels are always around 0.3 -0.6 in the morning and this is frustrating.
So I'm hoping this program is going to help me get there. 🙂 Just bought this program few days ago, and reading everything right now.
I am super excited to get started. Still little confused about all this onboarding stuff. might need some clarification. 
I put in my numbers, but I'm already in the "green" section. Should i still do it? and how long?

Thanks 🙂

Lorena,

Welcome and happy to have you here. 🙂 For your question with oboarding, what are your current calories right now?

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
18/01/2019 9:45 pm  

I know that I'm not Jonathan, Christos or Robert, but when I was doing the program if I cooked the bacon, I would make sure that I got all the fat that was left behind. So, if I cooked it in a pan, I would soak up the fat with eggs and or spinach. Then if I would have cooked it in the oven, I would scrape the fat that was left on the pan and find a way to eat it. I know that some just drink it. Now, at times I eat it with my butter as a snack. Yeah, I'm weird. I actually did that today. haha

To be honest, if I wanted bacon, I did a lot of precooked bacon (not always the best quality bacon, but it did the job for macros).

ReplyQuote
juriknr
(@juriknr)
Active Member Registered
20/01/2019 1:08 pm  

Thanks! Yeah i use it to cook in too but I was just wondering macro wise to log. If a serving is 6 g of protein and fat, am I getting that fat if half of it is melted away on the pan!? 

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
22/01/2019 6:20 am  

@juriknr lol! Makes total since! I like to take soft goat cheese and use the extra bacon fat and make a paste out of it 🙂 

ReplyQuote
nissenju
(@nissenju)
New Member Enrolled
22/01/2019 4:20 pm  

Hi everyone! I will be starting DSK tomorrow and am very excited. I have lost 60 some pounds through lazy keto and absolutely love keto. I have found that recently though, I have hit a plateau that I can't seem to break. I've tried increasing my activity, tracking my macros more diligently, and even stopped tracking altogether, but nothing has worked. I have 30-40 more pounds to lose before I'm at my goal. I am desperate. I don't want to gain all the weight back and am convinced that I can reach my goal through keto. Maybe DSK is the answer?

I'm in my late 30's, am married, have been a nurse for 11 years, and I'm in school to become an NP. I am a mom to two wonderful pups Benny (the beagle) and Sammie (the cocker spaniel). As a teen I was diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis, early 20's was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Until a few years ago, my adult life consisted of work, sleep, and watching tv because I hurt all the time, had no energy, and was not a pleasant person to be around because I hurt and was exhausted. Several years ago, I found natural dessicated thyroid. I began to feel a little better and then found LDN for my fibromyalgia. That really began to turn things around. I then had the energy to lose the weight. The first week of keto was tough. I never had keto flu, but dealt more with the mental struggle thinking about never having the tasty carb filled food that I loved. On day 7 I almost broke. Thank God for Wing Stop's lemon pepper wings for bringing me through that hard 7th day! Since then, I was in love with how fast the weight came off, and the flavorful recipes. I feel like a new person. Keto has significantly helped my physical and psychological well-being. Anyone else have similar experiences?

(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
23/01/2019 3:26 pm  

@nissenju welcome to the DSK family! Your story is so inspiring and it even motivates me! I look forward to seeing your progress as you go through DSK! 

I never had any carb craving issues, I cheated intentionally twice at the beginning and felt so bad I decided never again lol! I can totally understand where your coming from and proud of you for sticking it through! If you have any questions or need advice, im always a tag and message away 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
23/01/2019 4:25 pm  

Welcome @nissenju !

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia back in middle or high school (I forget which).

For my fibro I think I may have been more tired, I never could really tell because I wasn't always great with getting good sleep. However, after I went keto, my husband noticed that I do better on less sleep. I notice this now as well. I don't recommend getting low sleep though. 🙂 

I also suffered from shoulder and back pain with my fibro. I still deal with it, however, it's a lot better. When I was following and tracking the DSK macros, it improved even more. Through DSK, I learned that I function and feel best at a much higher fat percentage than the more common 75% fat.

ReplyQuote
alisha37207
(@alisha37207)
New Member Enrolled
03/02/2019 5:29 am  

Hey, all, my name is Alisha & I’m from Kansas. I’ve been doing a keto WOE for a little over a year and have been pretty stalled for a while after losing about 30 pounds. I love keto but I’m also a huge foodie, love cooking, trying new restaurants and foods...so I struggle to pass on temptation sometimes.  I looked into DSK after watching the Keto Connect vlog. I’ve always thought restricting fat would be beneficial for weight loss, but after researching and learning more, I feel I haven’t maximized what my metabolism is capable of. After doing some reading, I think I’ve over eaten protein and under eaten fat for quite sometime? I’ve never tracked my macros for any extended period of time, so I’m hoping this is the structure I need to lose the last 20-30 pounds. Time will tell!

ReplyQuote
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
03/02/2019 6:52 am  

@alisha37207 we are super excited to have you on board! I think this program has alot of potential for you. Be consistent and dont be afraid to reach out for help! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
michelle
(@michelle)
New Member Enrolled
04/02/2019 8:50 am  

Hi Everyone!

My name's Michelle and I've been doing keto for 12 weeks now. I've been doing more of intuitive eating and only measuring ketones and doing body measurements once a month. My starting weight was 243 and I've lost about 26 lbs (at 217 now). I'm currently doing the onboarding right now before I start the phases. I also want to get used to tracking my macros. Excited to get started on Phase 1 soon! 🙂

daugustine1985
(@daugustine1985)
Active Member Enrolled
04/02/2019 12:35 pm  

Hey guuys! Starting my DSK journey today! A little about me - I'm 33 and struggled with weight my entire life.. I tried everything - even veganism  - with little to no luck - then I found keto 2 years ago.. loved it! I didn't have the crazy weight loss and it took a bit to get the hang of it but I could definitely see a change physically ( i.e. my skin cleared up - I have PCOS- and lost some inches) and mentally (less anxiety, overall good mood). I even dove into zero carb/carnivore for about 3 months and that's where I saw the majority of my weight loss.. sadly, while I have been keto most of the time( high five to me tho for really sticking to something!) like others I fell off the wagon a few times - no more than a week at a time (a couple vacations) - but then hopped back on the keto train just because I can feel when I'm in ketosis my body just responds better to this way of eating

Starting DSK for a "new" approach to keto and see what I can really do with this info and I'm ready for it! ... I think... 🙂

(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
05/02/2019 8:12 am  

@michelle & daugustine1985 were excited to have you both on board! Let me know if you have any questions at all! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Nathanielr78
(@nathanielr78)
New Member Enrolled
07/02/2019 5:58 pm  

Hi I am Nate and I have been doing Keto for the last year or so and I have had some great success, but looking to loss like 40 more and trying the 14 day first. My wife wants to do it with me.

(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
08/02/2019 8:52 am  

Hey! @nathanielr78 how are you bud! I am excited for you and your wife to join us in the DSK community! If you like the program, we actually have a summer challenge going on where you can get coaching and much more for the price of the program 🙂 When you decided to purchase the full 90 day program, just put code summershred in the coupon box to enter! 🙂 Again , nice to meet you! I hope we can help you with your health and wellness goals!

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 19
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register