[Sticky] New Members - Introduce Yourself  

Page 18 / 19
  RSS

soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
01/04/2019 8:57 pm  

Hi y'all,

My name is John, and I live in Huntsville, Alabama. You can find me @soberketodad on Instagram. I've been eating a ketogenic diet for almost a year now. I was low-carb before that (at least reduced-carb lol) but it wasn't until I went keto that the real stubborn weight began to disappear. At my heaviest, I weighed about 250 pounds. Keep in mind that I'm 5'8. I started this program about 10 days ago at 186 pounds, and my goal is to reach 160 pounds. This morning the scale read 180.9 so seems like we're headed in the right direction. As my Instagram handle suggests, I do not drink alcohol. An easy explanation is, "I've had enough." I was sober before beginning the keto diet (about 3 and a half years), and I realize what an unintended perk sobriety is when keeping a lifestyle very low-carb . . . and that is what keto is to me, a way of living. That's why Deeper State Keto is very exciting because it means living in a deeper state, period. These days I am embracing challenges: weight-loss, marriage, fatherhood, sobriety, workouts, and starting a new business. I see DSK as a great chance to challenge my body and my diet in an attempt to improve my health and achieve a physical form I've never seen in myself. I cannot wait to look in the mirror at the end of phase 3! Joyful and proud to be on this journey with you all. Looking forward to interacting more in this community!

John C. Herceg

valkat21
(@valkat21)
New Member Enrolled
15/04/2019 5:43 pm  

What's good party people!?! First timer here and my head is spinning a bit! I'm excited to get into DSK and shed this baby weight. I've got a seven month-old and it still looks like I'm seven months pregnant! (not really, but it feels like it!) I can't wait to feel normal again and get my booty back in my CrossFit classes and back on the basketball court! My son needs to see that he's got a strong momma over here!

Excited to get to know you guys and see how incredible each of your journeys are! 

Val

soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
17/04/2019 7:06 am  

Welcome @valkat21 ! My wife is 15 weeks pregnant with our second child and longing to feel like her athletic self again already haha. She might decide to try DSK after the baby is born, so I'm excited for you and your experience here. Can't wait to keep up with your journey back to CrossFit and a strong healthy life 🙂 We are setting the example for others by taking control of our bodies and health. See ya around!

John C. Herceg

Kirsten
(@hart-soprano)
Active Member Enrolled
06/05/2019 8:31 am  

I bought this about 6 months back and never ended up using it. I want to get the last 20 pounds off for my wedding in mid-august (I've already lost 150 through keto and exercise on my own) and have NO CLUE where to start with this program. It's all so overwhelming trying to figure out what to cook to fit your macros... Not sure if this is the right program for me. 

ReplyQuote
AbbyBK (IG @ketokeuhnnutrition )
(@abbyb1885)
Estimable Member Moderator
06/05/2019 11:35 am  

@hart-soprano congrats on your future wedding. 🙂

For figuring out food, have you looked at the free meal plan this course has provided? I also have some meal plans on my site that fit the DSK food rules. (Not all of them, so just be aware of that). Have you figured out what your macros would be? 

Also, have you watched through the videos for this course or at least the starting ones?

ReplyQuote
Kirsten
(@hart-soprano)
Active Member Enrolled
06/05/2019 12:38 pm  

Thanks! I've watched the videos and the 14 day sample meal plan doesn't fit my macros. I don't do well without a meal plan and can't figure this community forum out either... 

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
06/05/2019 8:30 pm  

For me, when I would plan out my macros for the day, I would always aim to hit my protein first then I would fill in the rest with fat. Is there a certain part of planning out your macros that makes it harder? 

For the forum, what is confusing for you? How can I help with it?

ReplyQuote
Shelbye
(@sherb34)
Eminent Member Enrolled
07/05/2019 4:21 am  

@hart-soprano

Hi, Kirsten!!

Congrats on the wedding and the weight you have already lost!! 

This is my 2nd round on DSK and once you play around with things....itll get easier.  It was overwhelming for me too....im not at all tech-savvy, lol.

Not to butt in, but as far as the macros go, what I do is got to MyFitnessPal and just plug stuff in until its pretty close for the week.  Im fine eating relatively the same stuff everyday...with a bit of change here and there. Mid-late week, I go to the spreadsheet that we are given, look at my macros for the next week, and just start plugging in for the Monday that I will start them, as thats when my meal-prepped meals begin to get devoured, lol.

My days begin with a fatty coffee (1-2T butter and 1T mct....im allergic to coconut oil)

lunch is usually ground beef or patties...maybe fatty brisket on the weekend

dinner is usually ribeye/ny strip/skirt steak,  then filling in remaining macros.  I may add an egg or some cheese.  I also found the shredded beef jerky a place called people's choice online. For fats, I love using primal kitchen mayo  or dressing (maybe on celery...delish, lol...also good with the shredded jerky on it), maybe a fat bomb (Ive gotten away from them for the most part bc I dont really crave sweets anymore), olives are great if you like them. 

Honestly too, Ill just go to the store, get whatever meat is on sale and plan my meals around that.  Can always add butter, oil to it to make it fit :).  Im always up to save a buck, lol.

Keep plugging away at tit though!!  Ive been MIA for a bit but this community is great and very helpful.  Hope this helps 🙂

ReplyQuote
Kirsten
(@hart-soprano)
Active Member Enrolled
07/05/2019 8:00 am  

It takes multiple hours to a day for a post to be approved so any question I have seems to be irrelevant by the time someone answers. 

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
07/05/2019 7:44 pm  

Your questions are not irrelevant. Right now it's just Jonathan and me being able to hope on this forum. We try very hard to check these. I have a full-time job so it's hard to be able to check these more often. 

ReplyQuote
richard.walton
(@richard-walton)
New Member Enrolled
10/05/2019 4:57 am  

Hi, I have paid for the 90 days Keto Deeper state course and received an email notification saying I would receive an email soon, this was over a week ago and nothing else.  I have read through the forums, but I can't see where I download the Xcel file from ? was this supposed to be something I that get sent to me. 

I have been living a Keto lifestyle for one year, so I'm keen to use the spreadsheet to work out my Macros to get going, but the Calculator on the leading site doesn't refer to the same terminology as what you guys do... 

Please help 

ReplyQuote
Jonathan Shane ( IG: @theketoroad )
(@theketoroad)
Estimable Member Admin
10/05/2019 1:49 pm  

Hey @richard-walton I apologize for the confusion. So the emails are just to check in on you and offer some tips. The spread sheet, videos and recipes can all be found in your courses. Since you have purchased the program, the 90 day course/lessons plan should be available on your profile. 

@hart-soprano we understand and the forums are 24 hour but sometimes we cant get to it immediately. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and work on a way to speed up the process. 

ReplyQuote
just4crooks
(@just4crooks)
New Member Enrolled
29/05/2019 5:45 pm  

Hello,

I would like to introduce my self- Lee I am 56 and started Keto last August with my daughter's help. I have decided to start the program by onboard first. I decided to do it this way because I have not  normally tracked marco's. What an eye opener!  Do you have any tips to add fats without adding protein? 

Thank you

Lee

ReplyQuote
(@abbyb1885)
30/05/2019 5:01 pm  

Welcome @just4crooks 🙂

Great question and in fact someone has asked that one already too. Here is the direct link for that thread... https://deeperstateketo.com/community/deeper-state-nutrition/hard-to-get-the-fat-in/#post-7403

I also have some fat bomb recipes on my site along with some recipes you can do while on the protocol if you want to take a look. 

https://www.ketokeuhnnutrition.com/recipe-list/

ReplyQuote
Diana Lo
(@dlo-does-keto)
New Member Enrolled
10/06/2019 4:57 pm  

Hi all, my name is Diana and I've been dabbling with Keto since March 2018. I have consistency issues as I love all foods and cave to social situations. I have found myself feeling better when eating less carbs and that's why I keep coming back. I moved to Hawaii recently, but our current living situation doesn't include a kitchen - so right now I'm just looking to getting really mentally prepared for when we do move and I can start in August. 

Hoping the lifestyle will stick this time around, and just trying to eat lower carb before I'm able to get into a kitchen.

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 19
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register