[Sticky] New Members - Introduce Yourself  

Page 18 / 18
  RSS

soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
01/04/2019 8:57 pm  

Hi y'all,

My name is John, and I live in Huntsville, Alabama. You can find me @soberketodad on Instagram. I've been eating a ketogenic diet for almost a year now. I was low-carb before that (at least reduced-carb lol) but it wasn't until I went keto that the real stubborn weight began to disappear. At my heaviest, I weighed about 250 pounds. Keep in mind that I'm 5'8. I started this program about 10 days ago at 186 pounds, and my goal is to reach 160 pounds. This morning the scale read 180.9 so seems like we're headed in the right direction. As my Instagram handle suggests, I do not drink alcohol. An easy explanation is, "I've had enough." I was sober before beginning the keto diet (about 3 and a half years), and I realize what an unintended perk sobriety is when keeping a lifestyle very low-carb . . . and that is what keto is to me, a way of living. That's why Deeper State Keto is very exciting because it means living in a deeper state, period. These days I am embracing challenges: weight-loss, marriage, fatherhood, sobriety, workouts, and starting a new business. I see DSK as a great chance to challenge my body and my diet in an attempt to improve my health and achieve a physical form I've never seen in myself. I cannot wait to look in the mirror at the end of phase 3! Joyful and proud to be on this journey with you all. Looking forward to interacting more in this community!

John C. Herceg

valkat21
(@valkat21)
New Member Enrolled
15/04/2019 5:43 pm  

What's good party people!?! First timer here and my head is spinning a bit! I'm excited to get into DSK and shed this baby weight. I've got a seven month-old and it still looks like I'm seven months pregnant! (not really, but it feels like it!) I can't wait to feel normal again and get my booty back in my CrossFit classes and back on the basketball court! My son needs to see that he's got a strong momma over here!

Excited to get to know you guys and see how incredible each of your journeys are! 

Val

soberketodad
(@soberketodad)
Active Member Enrolled
17/04/2019 7:06 am  

Welcome @valkat21 ! My wife is 15 weeks pregnant with our second child and longing to feel like her athletic self again already haha. She might decide to try DSK after the baby is born, so I'm excited for you and your experience here. Can't wait to keep up with your journey back to CrossFit and a strong healthy life 🙂 We are setting the example for others by taking control of our bodies and health. See ya around!

John C. Herceg

Page 18 / 18
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register