September 16th LIVE Q AND A  

RSS

Robert Sikes
(@keto-savage)
Trusted Member Admin
11/09/2018 8:02 pm  

Okie Dokie, this week we will have the Live Q and A at 5:00 p.m. CST on Sunday, September 16th.  I'd love to have you jump on there or, if you can't make it, feel free to post your questions here and watch the play back 🙂

AbbyBK liked
ReplyQuote
anna.markowski
(@anna-markowski)
Eminent Member Enrolled
12/09/2018 5:02 pm  

Do you have any thoughts on trying to drive your calories up before a second round? I've just finished off boarding (weight is holding steady 🙂 ) and would like to get my calories a good bit higher before I start my second round. I started round 1 around 2200 calories, and if I were to go straight into a second round now I'd be going in at 1963. I also know that I would like to do a keto build for a bit (I've got a couple big cycling trips coming up and have started doing a women's Olympic lifting class). I was thinking I'd like to get my calories to somewhere between 2500-3000 before starting round 2. I was planning to basically use the on-boarding spreadsheet to slowly titrate up my macros until I get myself to a spot where I have my metabolism humming and I have a good bit of runway for round 2. Do you see any reason why this would be an issue? Will I hit a wall on my metabolism and start putting on weight, even with the slow gradual build? I'd note, I haven't been holding to 10g total on carbs since of boarding. I'm there probably 50% of the time (weight holding steady), but thinking I would titrate those up too, to maybe 20g-30g, so that when I do the second round I will have more of an effect. Is that the right way to think about it? 

Thanks for your thoughts!

This post was modified 3 months  ago by anna.markowski

ReplyQuote
Rochelle Rosa
(@keto_lioness)
Eminent Member Enrolled
13/09/2018 6:22 am  

Hi Robert. I'm going to try to make it onto the live but I'm definitely going to watch it if I'm running late. My question is am I still losing weight at 1,721 calories a day because I'm running long distance trainings to get ready to run the marathon on November 4th and I'm working out heavy 6 days a week. I'm going to Onboard for another 2 weeks and hold at these calories and macros until I run the marathon. 

I'm now 109 pounds and 5 feet tall. So I know at phase 2 I'm going to lose weight but how do I keep from losing to much weight and begin losing muscle which I need if I'm going to begin doing competitions in 2019. 

Rochelle A Rosa

ReplyQuote
kristen_bryant
(@kristen_bryant)
Active Member Enrolled
14/09/2018 8:00 pm  

I just finished 6 weeks of onboarding and am moving to Phase I.When I look back at what I logged a couple of years ago while eating low carb, I was surprised to realize that I was consistently getting less than 50% of my calories from fat. (calories were around 1600 at the time) There weren't any issues that I can recall with bloating, etc so I was wondering:  How long should I stay in Phase I if I don't end up having any of the symptoms of reaching my protein threshold? I mean...what if I don't actually have a protein threshold? I'm willing to give it a go for a few weeks, but don't want to spend the next 6 months in Phase I. (FYI I ate 80% fat all through onboarding with no negative side effects. I began low-carb nearly 4 years ago and lost 150 pounds. I'm doing DSK to lose the final 10) Thanks, Robert!

ReplyQuote
judylove
(@judylove)
Honorable Member Moderator
15/09/2018 12:17 am  

Hey Robert!!! 😀 😀 Thank-you so much for all your hospitality, giving Ken & I a tour your place, sharing your lives, letting me pet your sweet Jack, the yummy BBQ, T's, bricks, creating such an wonderful DSK family, both of your dedication to your client's & customers, being a fabulous creators/ educators/ influencer's & role models, Crystal's awesome coaching of me, swapping ideas, & most of all for your friendship & kindness!!!!! 😊 😊 I still say you're both better looking in person than on camera & really felt the love from you both!!!! I love you both so much, & also thank-you for fulfilling my dream of meeting you. Can't wait to see you both again!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🤩  🤩  🤩  🤩  😍  😍  😍 

It happens to be my birthday today, however, I'm in bed with a terrible cold, sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, stuffed up & hard to breath.  I'm a type 2 Diabetic, I've been drinking tons of Osarka water, taking extra Vitamin C, sleeping extra, but I noticed that when I take a sudafed or Musinex cold tablet to relieve the symptoms,  my ketones reduce - sugars elevate  - so right now I'm out of ketosis.  I tried exercise, but I'm wheezing very badly.   Any advice on what I should be doing?

As you know I'm on the road still up in Branson, MO,on vacation  & probably won't be able to be online when you go live, so I'm still sending all my best to all the DSK family, who I also love!!!!! 😍  😍  😍  😍 

This post was modified 3 months  ago 4 times by judylove

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register